Getz & Jonny O'?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Getz & Jonny O'?

Let's have some fun since it's been almost a yr to the day that PC made the big moves last yr. Who's coming in & who's going?  Let's see who get's it right?
    Now that Horts is on the mend & is questionable at best. PC will want a similar player that Horts is. 
    So Ryan Getzlaf come on down! I have no idea who's going to bring him in. The other is Jonny Oduya. Khudobin has a one way next year. He could be part of the deal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Getz & Jonny O'?

Getz isn't moving anywhere and unless we included Hamilton we don't have enough to give them.
    Johnny Oduya, that's a different story, and he's a UFA. they are short forwards there, so Hamill and a 3rd, or maybe Caron straight up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Dream big, dream hard....Like the name nite...Would love to see Getz in a Bruin jersey....Me ?  I'd like to see Sam Gagner or Hemsky in a Bruin jersey...Just saying...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hamill? Um... how about no. Think more along the lines of Spooner or Knight and a third. I still expect Chevy to resign Oduya.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: Getz & Jonny O'?:
    [QUOTE]Hamill? Um... how about no. Think more along the lines of Spooner or Knight and a third. I still expect Chevy to resign Oduya.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

easy now it's just Oduya. Spooner isn't getting traded and if he is it'll be in a package for something much greater Oduya!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

PC gave up Colborne, a first and a second for a UFA Kaberle - how is that out of perspective for Spooner and a third for a UFA Oduya?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Colbourne skates like Jason Allison, Kaberle was considered the deadline prize and PC owed Burke for the Seguin/Hamilton fleecing. not at all comparable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Getz isn't moving anywhere and unless we included Hamilton we don't have enough to give them. Johnny Oduya, that's a different story, and he's a UFA. they are short forwards there, so Hamill and a 3rd, or maybe Caron straight up.
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

Dude, Hamill and a 3rd wouldn't get you movie passes, let alone a solid D-man like Oduya. Get a grip.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll play along Nite, Defenseman to be brought in will be either Spacek or Staios. On offense it will be either Koivu or Selanne from Anaheim (friend of mine who lives in OC said he saw Bruins at the last few home games).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So much depends on the status of Horton. I'd like to see Hemsky here if Horton is out for an extended period of time. Oduya is solid, I wouldnt give up Knight or Spooner for him but the kicker is, there will only be so many sellers with many more buyers so teams are going to overpay if they want a player. I'm thinking they add a d-man for depth, no big name or anything perhaps a Milan Jurcina type, or even a Jeff Schultz who has been scratched most games but is playing tonight. I'm guessing that is so teams can see him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Getz & Jonny O'?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getz & Jonny O'? : I like Selanne.  I remember talking about signing him before the season.  I wonder if he can play left wing.  The ideal player could play on any line.  Including with Kelly and Peverley. Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

There are naysayers who think that think Teemu won't waive his no trade Matt but he could for the right situation. Murray is acting like he won't dump salaries but he will there is no doubt in my mind and Selanne could turn right back around n sign again with the Ducks next fall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

as long as we're dreaming how about shea weber, sidney crosby, and a healing potion that will have him playing in top form immediately. listen, if we're getting getzlaf something BIG is going the other way. Like Krejci, Seguin, Rask, plus a pick and a good prospect. that won't happen. PC basically said hes not taking anything off the current roster. 

Johnny O might be realistic if the peg figures out that they ain't winning the cup this year. That would be a good fit. I bet they ask for a second rounder though, which the bruins don't have this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Bruins have always loved Selanne.  This dates back 10 years, my friends.  If the Bruins can get Selanne for the playoff push and only give up a 3rd round pick, YOU DO IT RIGHT AWAY.

Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan??  Not gonna happen.  If you're in Anaheim you're asking for AT LEAST David Krejci and Dougie Hamilton for either one of those guys.  Yes... Bobby Ryan for Krejci and Hamilton.  SO FORGET ABOUT THESE DREAM DEALS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Does Selanne have a no trade?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]PC gave up Colborne, a first and a second for a UFA Kaberle - how is that out of perspective for Spooner and a third for a UFA Oduya?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Colborne is never going to make the NHL, that was an easy choice for PC. He gave up nothing for nothing.

Spooner is a different story. He's going to make it and make it fairly big.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

There will not be any big names unless Kreji is involved, which i don't expect. Claude still likes Kelly with Peverly and looch, as per today's Globe, so what can we expect to see to bracket Kreji, and until Horton returns? Even though Claude has put Pouliot out on the PP, Pouliot just hasn't improved since November, and is very inconsistent because he is so erratic and out of position frequently. I think Caron is a solid up and down wing, but not enough of a scorer to benefit from kreji's skills. Based on these thoughts IMO Chiarelli will focus on beefing up the 3rd line, and I would applaud moving Thornton to 13th forward and inserting Caron with Campbell and Paille.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Love to see Getz in Black & Gold but thats a pipe dream. Please no Hemsky, great talent but he's injury prone and refuses to shoot the puck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Getzlaf is one of the best centers in hockey. No way he gets dealt, unless it's for a massive package. Jonny O, sure he may be dealt.  Red, i know you love your Jets, but O-Do is not near in the same category as Kaberle was at the time he was dealt last year.  Kabs has fallen on hard times, but before he was dealt to Boston he was highly-regarded and the second-highest scoring defensman in the NHL post-lockout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Haha you guys ... if Winnipeg wanted Hamill, well they could have had him last Monday easy enough, for nothing other then his contract. Dont insult Red and the Winnipeg fan base for wanting more then they could have had for nothing, for thier 2nd best defensemen and a legit top 4 D man on any team in this league.

Sometimes you trade pieces of your future away for legitimate cup runs and you regret it years later, seems Spooner may fall into that catagory if thats what it takes to get Oduya.

But please stop throwing Hamill into trade rumors, NO ONE wants him at this time and he has a one way ticket to Europe coming this summer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Clutterbuck!!!   Minnesota isn't going anywhere. Toss a 1st and 3rd + Caron.  Tell me Cal would not be perfect Bruin!!  Getz, Nash - no thanks.  We need another Quaider type on D.  O'Brien from the Avs would be nice, good depth all around.  Chia, let's do it..  let everyone get distracted with Nash stuff and make a move.  This team needs a jolt.   Go Bruins!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

A 1st, 3rd and Caron would not only get you Clutterbuck, but a date with Fletcher's daughter and a good consideration in his will.  That much for Clutterbuck would be a ridiculously generous gift.

[QUOTE]Clutterbuck!!!   Minnesota isn't going anywhere. Toss a 1st and 3rd + Caron.  Tell me Cal would not be perfect Bruin!!  Getz, Nash - no thanks.  We need another Quaider type on D.  O'Brien from the Avs would be nice, good depth all around.  Chia, let's do it..  let everyone get distracted with Nash stuff and make a move.  This team needs a jolt.   Go Bruins!!
    Posted by KennyBizz[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

OK if we're in fantasy world, and that's the point of this thread, don't settle for Oduya.

Evander Kane.

Seguis, Marchand, Kane. I could watch that line for  the next 15 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

LOL.. is she hot Oatescam?!?!...  I like Cal's jam.  he's a nasty sob and would look good with Pev-Kelly.  He rocks that stash and the comb over is a dandy!!. 

Red- Kane is solid, I like RJ Umberger - but both have soft mellons tho.  Bruins only have the 1st and 3 rounders this year, so it will be interesting to see what Chia does. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Haha you guys ... if Winnipeg wanted Hamill, well they could have had him last Monday easy enough, for nothing other then his contract. Dont insult Red and the Winnipeg fan base for wanting more then they could have had for nothing, for thier 2nd best defensemen and a legit top 4 D man on any team in this league. Sometimes you trade pieces of your future away for legitimate cup runs and you regret it years later, seems Spooner may fall into that catagory if thats what it takes to get Oduya. But please stop throwing Hamill into trade rumors, NO ONE wants him at this time and he has a one way ticket to Europe coming this summer.
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

And he's actually either their 4th or 5th best D this year (I'd say Buff is their number 6, since he's not actually a D)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Since we are dreaming, how about Bobby Ryan?  A better clone of Horton?  How much would we give up?  Hammill probably to start! 

That would be a helluva first two lines with Ryan playing with krejci/lucic, and bergy line.

Do we need a top dman more though?  Would we be better served with a depth forward, and in dream land, trade for a guy like Suter?

I like fantasy world this time of year, too bad they rarely come true!  B's need something if Horton is out though, and maybe even if he can comeback.