Give Hamilton a 9 game try out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Give Hamilton a 9 game try out?

After a horrendous October, and alot of the Bruins playing complacently.  Why not give Hamilton a 9 game try out? 

From all the accounts I read on this board, he is doing well?

with his skating skills, he could be a help with the transition game,

if not, well, send him back to juinor, and he benefits from the experience.  

your thoughts, I say give it a shot, no real risk involved here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Give Hamilton a 9 game try out?

He's good where he is but he's not NHL ready yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Except it doesn't work this way.  Once they're assigned to junior, they can only be recalled on an emergency basis (if I'm remembering this correctly).  A lame start would meet the criteria for an emergency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If the Stanley Cup Champs have to turn to an 18 yr old to fix their problems, then there are many more issues here than meets the eye.

Sorry, I can't agree with this. He is exactly where he should be. WJC coming, regular shift, and he is still growing into his body. 

Last point. You have to weigh the chance that you could ruin his career against a very short term gain, if any at all. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You know, I don't think I agree with this because of the entry level contract ramifications (if he stays), but I have to say, it's not that crazy of an idea.  Very interesting thought ocram...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Give Hamilton a 9 game try out?:
    [QUOTE]Except it doesn't work this way.  Once they're assigned to junior, they can only be recalled on an emergency basis (if I'm remembering this correctly).  A lame start would meet the criteria for an emergency.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I overlooked this.  But, are you missing a "not" in the last sentence?  Or am I missing the point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He's not NHL ready phyically yet certainly, mentally maybe. I saw him at training camp signing autographs, he's as skinny a Krejci and over 6 foot 5. He doen't have the muscle to win physical battles at the NHL level.

Also, there's no point in drawing him into a bad situation where no one is playing well and people who get sat resent him or it.

In Response to Give Hamilton a 9 game try out?:
    [QUOTE]After a h orrendous October, and alot of the Bruins playing complacently.  Why not give Hamilton a 9 game try out?  From all the accounts I read on this board, he is doing well? with his skating skills, he could be a help with the transition game, if not, well, send him back to juinor, and he benefits from the experience.   your thoughts, I say give it a shot, no real risk involved here.
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes Bandg, I agree completely. This kid is our future as much as Ray was back in the 70's, and we have to let him mature. Ray Bourque was already a horse at 18, but Dougie needs to fill out. He'll be awesome maybe as soon as next year. But for now, let him dominate for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"A lame start would not meet the criteria for an emergency."

Ahh man I was going to call 911 to get my pizza here quicker for the game. Vincenzo's always starts making it too late darn it...