Goal: Bruins (WOW)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kavubob. Show kavubob's posts

Goal: Bruins (WOW)

Before this series started the media was declaring that it was the high, octane scoring Penguins versus the big, hard-hitting Bruins. Well, after two games the Penguins were out-hitting the B's significantly, but the Bruins were scoring as if Orr and Espo were still on the team! That second goal by the "little ball of hate" was priceless with 8 seconds left in the period and just after Marchand and Cooke were jabbing with one another. Can't get overconfident with this lead but it is sure nice having the team come back home up 2-0!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Goal: Bruins (WOW)

I'm hoping that goal by Marchand proves one of the definitive moments of this series.  Change the goaltender to try to get a boost?  Finally crack Rask and score shortly after on that boost?  Both cliche moments for momentum building, and the Penguins looked like they might finally have something positive going for them.

Then that was all crushed by that goal.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Weiner Scent! --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I'm hoping that goal by Marchand proves one of the definitive moments of this series.  Change the goaltender to try to get a boost?  Finally crack Rask and score shortly after on that boost?  Both cliche moments for momentum building, and the Penguins looked like they might finally have something positive going for them.

And didja see Rask's reaction to letting that one in? I know he has a volatile temper, but boy, was he steamed up over that. His confidence level seems so high he feels he owns the Pens. He looked like he had no business giving one up (the shot was perfect). Maybe he was worried about the timing of the goal...like he didn't want them to go into the break on a high note and maybe build off it. They all hate to give one up late in the period. Then here comes Marchand to squash all that mojo. Timing is everything...

Garfield

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to gaaucoin's comment:

[QUOTE]

And didja see Rask's reaction to letting that one in? I know he has a volatile temper, but boy, was he steamed up over that. His confidence level seems so high he feels he owns the Pens. He looked like he had no business giving one up (the shot was perfect). Maybe he was worried about the timing of the goal...like he didn't want them to go into the break on a high note and maybe build off it. They all hate to give one up late in the period. Then here comes Marchand to squash all that mojo. Timing is everything...

Garfield

[/QUOTE]

I think he was upset with himself because he got caught cheating on his blocker side. He gabe Sutter that far side and Sutter's shot qas a beauty. And ur right as well, as a goalie u don't want to give the other team any life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to gaaucoin's comment:

Garfield

At one point there was a scramble in fromt of him when Rask was down.  Pittsburg had 3 whacks at it before Rask covered for this whistle.  Rask took a few slashed during the scrum, but you could see he was laughing after the whistle.  Looks to be full of confidence and having fun out there.