Goal of the Century!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Goal of the 21st Century!

One against five...count them! I thought only Bobby Orr was able to do that.

Scored by the Bruin who most board members wanted to get rid of.

He certainly has been awake for the past couple of weeks. Who wants to get rid of him now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Goal of the Century!

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One against five...count them! I thought only Bobby Orr was able to do that.

Scored by the Bruin who most board members wanted to get rid of.

He certainly has been awake for the past couple of weeks. Who wants to get rid of him now?

[/QUOTE]

Most? I doubt it was that many. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It was purty.

How does anyone, except Vancouver fans, and okay everyone else in the league, not love the LBOH. As I said, if he played this way all the time, he'd score 50.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was purty.

How does anyone, except Vancouver fans, and okay everyone else in the league, not love the LBOH. As I said, if he played this way all the time, he'd score 50.

[/QUOTE]
    That isn't out of the relm of a possibility. He doesn't need the "stupidity" in his game to be effective. Love when Brad plays hockey like this!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]
    That isn't out of the relm of a possibility. He doesn't need the "stupidity" in his game to be effective. Love when Brad plays hockey like this!

[/QUOTE]

You mean like pushing Doughty into the back of the Kings net? Loved it! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO! I love that shute! That's not what I'm talking about at all. That's push back, that's toughness, that's hockey!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO! I love that shute! That's not what I'm talking about at all. That's push back, that's toughness, that's hockey!

[/QUOTE]

Nite's "quote of the week"! Thats B's hockey at its best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand's game is based on emotion first.  If he's muzzled, he isn't feeling it.  Despite not recording a point, he said that the Vancouver game was the one where he really felt alive.

When the fire burns, the goal light does as well with this guy. 

Be a Dez, just don't take it too far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When this kid is focused -- he can do some amazing stuff. Other times -- you could swear -- he's the illegitimate son of one Ken Linseman. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When this kid is focused -- he can do some amazing stuff. Other times -- you could swear -- he's the illegitimate son of one Ken Linseman. 

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. I heard that the "rat" would butt end someone in the balls at least once a game. Funny thing he always played on teams that someone on it would be there to rescue him. Philly, Edmonton & Bos. He only played 2 games for the Leafs, so that doesn't count.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was purty.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon, wheat...it was an opportunistic goal, but wow, if anything I've ever heard about Darryl Sutter is true, I would not want to be any of Carter, Kopitar, Muzzin or even Doughty in tomorrow's meeting or practice.  Marchand makes a great move on a very good D in Doughty - dekes him out of his stick - but then it's all lazy nonchalance from the Kings.  Awful, awful stuff. Carter is just standing there like he's waiting for a bus.  Doughty, instead of staying with Marchand, goes to retrieve his stick!  Kopitar, suddenly aware that he's the only guy playing D, is standing stock still when Marchand walks around him, and Muzzin so completely misreads the play that he actually starts heading back up on the breakout as Marchand is collecting the puck.  Even Quick seems to be in a haze.

You know what it looked like to me?  You know in a pick up game when you're in the middle of a play and suddenly realize it's too easy, it's going to well, and you score only to discover that someone got hurt behind the play, so everyone was sort of watching and no one was calling time yet, but they also weren't really playing.  And when it's all sorted, everyone decides that, well, the play should have really stopped, so no goal.  They were that statuesques.  I bet there are fewer statues on your lawn, wheat.

I say all this to take nothing away from Marchand - except the exaggeration that that was the goal of the century.  Not even Marchand's best goal this year (looking at you Mike "whoop!" Fisher).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'mon, wheat...it was an opportunistic goal, but wow, if anything I've ever heard about Darryl Sutter is true, I would not want to be any of Carter, Kopitar, Muzzin or even Doughty in tomorrow's meeting or practice.  Marchand makes a great move on a very good D in Doughty - dekes him out of his stick - but then it's all lazy nonchalance from the Kings.  Awful, awful stuff. Carter is just standing there like he's waiting for a bus.  Doughty, instead of staying with Marchand, goes to retrieve his stick!  Kopitar, suddenly aware that he's the only guy playing D, is standing stock still when Marchand walks around him, and Muzzin so completely misreads the play that he actually starts heading back up on the breakout as Marchand is collecting the puck.  Even Quick seems to be in a haze.

You know what it looked like to me?  You know in a pick up game when you're in the middle of a play and suddenly realize it's too easy, it's going to well, and you score only to discover that someone got hurt behind the play, so everyone was sort of watching and no one was calling time yet, but they also weren't really playing.  And when it's all sorted, everyone decides that, well, the play should have really stopped, so no goal.  They were that statuesques.  I bet there are fewer statues on your lawn, wheat.

I say all this to take nothing away from Marchand - except the exaggeration that that was the goal of the century.  Not even Marchand's best goal this year (looking at you Mike "whoop!" Fisher).

[/QUOTE]

This is why I read the screenplays.  Gems like this.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The only things I saw from Doughty were mistakes today. He had a decent game against the Bruins in L.A a couple of weeks ago and he's a good defenseman, but nobody is going to convince me he is better than P.K. Subban. P.K has blown by him in the last calandar year from what I can see, so has Pietrangelo, with Pietrangelo probably making the  biggest strides as far as overall improvement to their game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Goal of the century ?

A bit of an exaggeration but nice to see anyways.

Assists goes out to Jeff Carter for finding Marchand in all that traffic and for Kopitar for doing his best impersonation of a human pretzel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just another thought revisiting a bdc fantasy hockey trade while Marchand was slumping.

T.J Oshie for Marchand and Dougie. 

Oshie is fun to watch but when Marchand plays like this he's just as efffective as any forward the Bruins have.  

Thumbs down to that trade proposal with an added PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Can't be the goal of the century cause the one the day before was better - WOW !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You know what it looked like to me?  You know in a pick up game when you're in the middle of a play and suddenly realize it's too easy, it's going to well, and you score only to discover that someone got hurt behind the play, so everyone was sort of watching and no one was calling time yet, but they also weren't really playing.  

Trying to taint my pond hockey glory Book?  Just because someone fell through the ice behind the play doesn't mean you can't finish the rush.

It was great for many reasons, and I agree that those four Kings are in for a bag skate today.  Another nice feature was that it eliminated what was sure to be a long and irritating debate over whether Doughty dropped his stick on purpose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Great dissertion, Book!

Still, this goal is the stuff of legend.

It was David against many Goliaths, even if they were lazy.

The only negative I see, is that if the Kings and Bruins meet in the Finals, they will use this particular play as a focal point for their not repeating the effort and will surely make Marchand pay in one form or another.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It truly was a great goal, considering he made a brilliant move to get it close, then to see a host of Kings standing in front of Quick...goal....Yeah, pretty much right up there with some of the great goals I've watched. How the Kings just stood there is still pretty hysterical to watch. Marchand is simply on fire. When I heard the quote that he was afraid his own poor play was hurting Bergeron's chances to make Team Canada, I was very moved by it. The guy has picked up his game when others have been failing on offense. His OT goal a month ago was also one of the best goals you'll see. He's a terrific talent. Never ever do I want him traded or moved regardless of dumb penalties or poor decision making and sometimes lazy play--Lucic had the same problem going into last season. I don't think Lucic plays lazy anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

And Marchand's scouting report still features this:

"Isn't a natural goal-scorer, so he has to work hard for his goals."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

This one was also quite spectacular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKeXfKCiTZQ

Now if Wheeler aka "Stanley's illegitimate stepson" had just a sixteenth of Marchand's heart, he would score goals like this one more often:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwke86hEG0