Goaltenders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Goaltenders

Ok we already have rask but not wrapped up after this year yet, whats up with that ? are there other plans ? not likely and i hope not and wanna see him signed.

Now we have a good idea what khudobin can do, better than average backup.

Subban, ohl  26-11-4 2.14 gaa and .934 sv % , will he get a year in ahl ?

Svedberg prov   29-7-2  2.27gaa  .922.sv%, will he get the backup role in 2013/14 ?

I think we see a deal at the deadline to one of these going to a rebuild team, theres just not enuf room for them all and hutchinson is decent backup in providence, So assuming rask signs long term, who goes, i think the remaining 3 have high value.

Whats your thoughts guys ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Goaltenders

Here's one spot we seem to have a lot of depth/potential... not surprised at all to see one of these guys in a deal (I'm not gonna speculate who or where or for whom because that's all it would be pure speculation.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think they keep both goalies the whole year, try to sign both with the emphasis on Rask who will probably command a salary close to Price. If thats the case, that probably cancels out Khudobin who will probably want to go somewhere where there is a better chance to be the number 1. Then I see the Bruins adding a veteran to back up Rask for a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You don't give up developing at a difficult position to develope for a rental! See Lou Gorman 1990...Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You don't give up developing at a difficult position to develope for a rental! See Lou Gorman 1990...Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

True, bad trade. Made worse by the fact that Bagwell got into the roids.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think they keep both goalies the whole year, try to sign both with the emphasis on Rask who will probably command a salary close to Price. If thats the case, that probably cancels out Khudobin who will probably want to go somewhere where there is a better chance to be the number 1. Then I see the Bruins adding a veteran to back up Rask for a year.

I say wait and see whaT Rask does in playoffs,before deciding how much to give him,i still have memories of collapse against Philly,i no he has looked very good so far this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I say wait and see whaT Rask does in playoffs,before deciding how much to give him,i still have memories of collapse against Philly,i no he has looked very good so far this year.

I don't put that collapse on him. I wouldnt even consider it negotiating. The Cup erases that whole thing in my mind. He is what he is. A solid young number one goalie who has his best years in front of him. I say lock him up now, maybe it's cheaper than what it will cost in the off-season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Also, little spoiled here in recent years when it comes to goalies. Got a glimpse of what it's like on the other side last year when Thomas and Rask were hurt and the B's had to lean on Turco. B's may have good depth right now at the position, but they are an injury away from a big problem..Good numbers in juniors and at the AHL level dont always translate into depth at the NHL level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Svedberg and subban entry level contracts next year that doesnt count against the cap right ? so one of those 2 will be backup i think because khudobon is ufa and i dont think he stays if hes not at least the backup for the Bs, i think hes capable of number 1 elsewhere if hes paired up with a good veteran, so me thinks he goes at the deadline where some team lower part of making the playoffs needs the depth there,but cant see much in return, 3rd rd pick or depth 3rd line player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is the first year Hutchinson hasn't played in the ECHL.  Let's hold off on thinking he has any value at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins also have long-term project Zane Gothberg at North Dakota.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Sveds is top on depth chart for now. If he falters, Hutch will get the call...YIKES.

Gothberg is a little ahead of Subban as we speak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

and Lars Volden in Norway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

Sveds is top on depth chart for now. If he falters, Hutch will get the call...YIKES.

Gothberg is a little ahead of Subban as we speak.

Shouldn't Gothberg be under contract first before being considered "on the depth chart" ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unless a guy shows potential to make the NHL, he's not really a prospect.  He's merely a draft pick.  Not every goalie the B's draft is going to play well in the NHL.

Just ask Matt DelGuidace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Khudobin was one in of those close to the deadline trades, so why would the Bs do the same.  Sorry, but pending UFAs are the best way to go.  Then the Bs can give up a "Penner and/or Lehtonen" not a "Spooner" for a serviceable third liner or vet defensive player.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Big emphasis on long-term project