Re: Going to Boston for the first time
posted at 1/20/2013 8:43 AM EST
Drink (All within walking distance from TD Garden)
1) The Fours
2) The Harp
3) The Grand Canal
4) Hurricane O'Reillys - Before a game, this is a decent spot to go. They seem to go with a sports bar motif in the earlier hours, but it gets a little night clubby later on.
5) Bell in Hand
1) Mija - Right in Faneuil Hall Area - Great, unique individually served tacos with great margarita/tequila bar - Not exactly hockey style, but worth a shot
2) Limoncello - The most reasonably priced Italian place in the North End
3) Ned Devines - Again in Faneuil Hall Area - Good American style food; burgers, chowdah, etc - Go before 7 though because it is a popular bar and it gets packed
4) Legal Seafood - Can't go wrong with this choice. Menu is 85% seafood, but does have steak, chicken, and salads also
Fins Sushi, Anything on Charles St in West End, Harvard Gardens is decent and inexpensive, Mike's Pastry/Modern Pastry for good desserts/gelato (Mike's is cash-only)...lots of places within walking distance
6) Take a tour of Sam Adams Brewery or Harpoon Brewery. Sam's is free, but is in Jamaica Plain. Easy enough to get to, but a bit sketchy at night. Harpoon is just past Fort Point in the South End. Also easy to get to and costs just $2. And both give you a few free samples. Something fun to do to kill a few hours.