Good NON-move PC...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Good NON-move PC...

Nathan Horton to miss 4 - 6 months for surgery per ESPN.

And they gave him a 7yr contract?

Not excited about moving Tyler so soon though, although I don't know much about Ericsson et al.  Did'nt follow Dallas so much.  

Go B's...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Good NON-move PC...

Wow,

I wonder if they can undo that stupid deal.  What a joke.  I'm glad hes gone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally agree.  I'm not gonna bad mouth him because he is gone, but I do think he has crested his peak as a player and if you add in the injuries, anything more than a 3 year deal is crazy.  Good move PC, althouggh it sounds like he didn't even have a say in it.  I wonder if the fools like marco are still mad that PC didn't offer up a long term deal "earlier" to make sure he stayed...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Your making it sound like this was a surprise to Columbus.. This was in their plan prior to signing  him.  He is having the surgery in Boston and the doctor's say he will be 100% and ready to go...

Bruins will miss Horton, the guy played lights out here in the Playoffs and helped the Bruins get a Stanley Cup... That he chose his family's  well being ahead of his own career should be applauded... The guy has had his family living in Florida all his time in Boston and now wants to settle down and get a house and raise a family, like normal people in a quieter environment ....

Imagine  that... The gall of the guy... Good luck to you Nathan, hope you play for a long time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If it were Chiarelli who had signed a top UFA for comparable dollars and length although he'd be out for 4 to 6 months following surgery I'd imagine there would probably be some harsh comments on our board directed towards Bruin brass. 

Still, had the Bruins not been rebuked by Horton's side I think PC said the team was going to try and sign him.  From a purely business standpoint, bon chance, Nathan Horton with the CBJs and well done, Bruins. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Your making it sound like this was a surprise to Columbus.. This was in their plan prior to signing  him.  He is having the surgery in Boston and the doctor's say he will be 100% and ready to go...

Bruins will miss Horton, the guy played lights out here in the Playoffs and helped the Bruins get a Stanley Cup... That he chose his family's  well being ahead of his own career should be applauded... The guy has had his family living in Florida all his time in Boston and now wants to settle down and get a house and raise a family, like normal people in a quieter environment ....

Imagine  that... The gall of the guy... Good luck to you Nathan, hope you play for a long time...

Why is it bad for his family to move to Boston, but good for them to move to Columbus?  I'm not trying to knock the guy and I think Horton was a good person and a good Bruin.  But why he left is still kind of an unknown besides the big, fat, long contract.  

Guys who stay in Boston care about their family too.  I don't think he chose his family over his career, given the huge contract he got.  I mean, good for him.  I wish him well.  But I'm not exactly feeling romantic about what a great family man he is because he moved to Columbus.  He took the best opportunity on the table and wanted a little bit lower profile for himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

There's a nice house in North Attleboro that will be hitting the market soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Columbus did know this when they signed him. I liked having Horton as a Bruin, he was good in the playoffs, but I always wanted more from him. He has the upcoming surgery, concussion history and only hit the 30 goal mark once in his career.Suprised he got that deal, and from that team. Personally, I think Columbus could have put that money to better use.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I've heard the home security system can become a real liability.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe he didn't want to live city life, but also didn't want an hour commute to work each day.  Whatever the reason, it was his to make.  The absolute worst case for many of you would be if he left for money. 

BIG DEAL!

I would, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've heard the home security system can become a real liability.

[/QUOTE]

Well, this is the house for you then, since the home security has been, ahem, disabled by the previous occupant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I agree that it's a good non move for the Bruins, but think it could be a good signing for Columbus.  They're a good young team that was in the playoff hunt until the last game of the season.  They had the cap room and paying a little extra for a guy who not only has experience, but has excelled in big games is worth a little extra to a team in their situation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, it's a good non-move by the B's given the injury risk going forward. Guy was lights-out in the playoffs, but he also missed essentially 3 full series in 3 years due to injury, too.

Gotta love what he did for the Bs and that big huge smile, though. Good luck to ya, Nate.

Still wonder what Columbus was thinking. How will he do without Krecji and Lucic? How long can he last? If Columbus doesnt make the playoffs and NH only plays 3 years, it could be a disastsrous contract.  This one stands to be a buyout in the making.

I'm just glad he didnt sign a cap-friendly 3 year deal with Detroit or Philly and watch him score Conference Finals winning goals in the near future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Yeah, it's a good non-move by the B's given the injury risk going forward. Guy was lights-out in the playoffs, but he also missed essentially 3 full series in 3 years due to injury, too.

Gotta love what he did for the Bs and that big huge smile, though. Good luck to ya, Nate.

Still wonder what Columbus was thinking. How will he do without Krecji and Lucic? How long can he last? If Columbus doesnt make the playoffs and NH only plays 3 years, it could be a disastsrous contract.  This one stands to be a buyout in the making.

I'm just glad he didnt sign a cap-friendly 3 year deal with Detroit or Philly and watch him score Conference Finals winning goals in the near future.

he missed three full series? where on earth do you get that. he was knocked out in game 3 against vancouver, missed the washington series, and nothing else. where'd you come up with 3 again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

To me, Horton was not your typical sniper. He really couldn't get the puck up and he was very hot and cold. 

Great playoff performer but I don't see Iggy as a big downgrade.

Thanks for the memories Hort, keep the head right and good luck in OH-IO

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nuts to him.  Hes never gonna live up to that contract.  I find hes soft.  Now he can hide bc in a big market hed be ripped.  Greed.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe he didn't want to live city life, but also didn't want an hour commute to work each day.  Whatever the reason, it was his to make.  The absolute worst case for many of you would be if he left for money. 

BIG DEAL!

I would, too.

Good one costanza, make up your mind!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bad shoulder and Nathan's coming

He's tired of being on his own

This summer he took the money

Horton's in Ohio....

Are you not entertained?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Horton's in Ohio....

Better get down to it

Our attendence is going down

Shoulda been done long ago 

Horton and Bobo...

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Nuts to him.  Hes never gonna live up to that contract.  I find hes soft.  Now he can hide bc in a big market hed be ripped.  Greed.  

I agree with that part (not the 'greed').  I think this will go down as an awful contract and I always really liked Horton on the B's.

I don't think he'll hold up well and I think a quiet market makes him a quiet player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Horton's in Ohio....

Better get down to it

Our attendence is going down

Shoulda been done long ago 

Horton and Bobo...