Great Game: Bad Result

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: Great Game: Bad Result

Another loss but another up up with people routine? Is the spirit of Mike Sullivan haunting these threads?

Sorry. Not good enough. I don't taste back to back cups at this moment in time. The Bs obviously need an other dependable defenseman, ie. not Corvo (there I said it) and another forward who can score more routinely. For too long its like they've been drawing straws as to who will score goals from one game to the next and they seem to be at the point where everyone is saying 'Hey, it's not my turn!'
    Time to start drawing from that cap space. And that Power Play has never really been dealt with has it??

Man, am I  p*ssed off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Losing on a 4 on 3 o.t goal, relax, we play them 3 more times. If the Rangers sweep the B's, then i might be worried, and really, not that much. 34 shots to 33, good goaltending and Gaborik is a sniper. I say if and thats IF we play the Rangers in the playoffs, the B's win in a 7 game series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result:
    [QUOTE]Another loss but another up up with people routine? Is the spirit of Mike Sullivan haunting these threads? Sorry. Not good enough. I don't taste back to back cups at this moment in time. The Bs obviously need an other dependable defenseman, ie. not Corvo (there I said it) and another forward who can score more routinely. For too long its like they've been drawing straws as to who will score goals from one game to the next and they seem to be at the point where everyone is saying 'Hey, it's not my turn!' Time to start drawing from that cap space. And that Power Play has never really been dealt with has it?? Man, am I  p*ssed off.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    They're the top scoring team in the league. They won't score 6 every night though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it's just nice to lose and big game to a team that you can really respect and tip your cap to.  The Rangers matched the Bruins toughness, threw checks, blocked shots, and you don't have any of the Vancouver/Montreal nonsense of trying to make the refs decide the game.

A great game free of diving, faking, running away, and hiding behind the refs.  Just good hockey.  Take a note Vancouver and Montreal.  That's how you get respect around the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The difference in the game was in nets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's just nice to lose and big game to a team that you can really respect and tip your cap to.  The Rangers matched the Bruins toughness, threw checks, blocked shots, and you don't have any of the Vancouver/Montreal nonsense of trying to make the refs decide the game. A great game free of diving, faking, running away, and hiding behind the refs.  Just good hockey.  Take a note Vancouver and Montreal.  That's how you get respect around the league.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Today was a great game for the purists. Hard fought by both sides and it's decided with 3.6 seconds left in OT. The title of this thread is very fitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Bad play by Chara with 17 sec left. He missed his clearing attempt.
    The Rangers are used to play bouncing puck because they are playing half of their games on bad ice at MSG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's just nice to lose and big game to a team that you can really respect and tip your cap to.  The Rangers matched the Bruins toughness, threw checks, blocked shots, and you don't have any of the Vancouver/Montreal nonsense of trying to make the refs decide the game. A great game free of diving, faking, running away, and hiding behind the refs.  Just good hockey.  Take a note Vancouver and Montreal.  That's how you get respect around the league.
    I agree with this, its no shame to play a good game against a good opponent and lose.I enjoyed every bit of it, but not the result. The game had a great flow,great goaltending,penalty killing and both teams were into it. The game with the Nucks had no flow, too many PP's, bad officiating and the usual whining by the Nucks G.M & coach afterward. I'll take the game today anytime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]The difference in the game was in nets.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Yeah right, thats a good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Why, were they bigger at one end?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I hope you guys are right. Being a Bs fan for almost 40 years has made me the pessimist I am even with last year's cup. Fact is the Rangers and the Red Wings make me cr*p my pants when they play the Bs. The Bs have some decent forwards, some really good forwards in fact but there isn't a single one I would call a sniper.
    Still totally p*ssed off with the number of losses lately regardless of the schedule.
    There are no major injuries (apart obviously from Savard) and Krejci is starting to push the envelope but he needs help. Unacceptable when a couple of defenseman score your only goals. Ference's lack of discipline is another issue all together and in fact that's been a hallmark of the Bs play as of late. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result:[QUOTE]Two good teams, one good game. The puck just didn't bounce our way nearly as many times as it did for the Rangers, that's bound to happen every now and then. Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

+1!

PS. Dez, When No-It-Alls say "nuff said", "PERIOD" and "end of story" that's supposed to be the end of the thread....duh...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you guys are right. Being a Bs fan for almost 40 years has made me the pessimist I am even with last year's cup. Fact is the Rangers and the Red Wings make me cr*p my pants when they play the Bs. The Bs have some decent forwards, some really good forwards in fact but there isn't a single one I would call a sniper. Still totally p*ssed off with the number of losses lately regardless of the schedule. There are no major injuries (apart obviously from Savard) and Krejci is starting to push the envelope but he needs help. Unacceptable when a couple of defenseman score your only goals. Ference's lack of discipline is another issue all together and in fact that's been a hallmark of the Bs play as of late. 

With all due respect, I think you're too upset.  The Bruins took a point from the best team in the league right now.  They lost because they had to play 3 minutes in overtime 3-on-4.  I thought they carried the play for long stretches and this would be a classic playoff matchup.  Good teams make mistakes and take bad penalties sometimes.  Let's wait and see how they respond tomorrow against Philly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Problem is the Bs have lost a fair number of games against teams who are meant to be their Cup competiton. Rangers and Nuckers recently too. Sorry but close ain't good enough. There's only so many times we can say 'It'll be different in the play offs'.  From the evidence here it won't be. They need a shake up. No doubt in my mind. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

That's just poor analysis and a cop-out bim.  

If the Bruins get a 3 minute 4-on-3 powerplay in overtime, I bet they win.  Blaming the loss on Tuukka makes me think you didn't watch the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Problem is the Bs have lost a fair number of games against teams who are meant to be their Cup competiton. Rangers and Nuckers recently too. Sorry but close ain't good enough. There's only so many times we can say 'It'll be different in the play offs'.  From the evidence here it won't be. They need a shake up. No doubt in my mind. 

Yeah, we said that a lot last year...

Oh, wait.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : With all due respect, I think you're too upset.  The Bruins took a point from the best team in the league right now.  They lost because they had to play 3 minutes in overtime 3-on-4.  I thought they carried the play for long stretches and this would be a classic playoff matchup.  Good teams make mistakes and take bad penalties sometimes.  Let's wait and see how they respond tomorrow against Philly.
    Correction Fletch...they had to play 3 minutes and 40 seconds 3 on 4 lol...I enjoyed the game even though they lost, and yes I thought the Bruins carried the play for the most part...they were doing a great job on the penalty kill, if Chara dumps the puck ALL the way to the Rangers end with 17 seconds, it goes to a shootout. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : I think it just took a little while for everyone to buy into the system. Sound familiar?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Thanks for the info.  Who knows?  Maybe they would've clicked eventually without Thornton's "insight."   Without question a solid team.  And yeah, it's a path we Bruins fans know all too well.  Cheers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : That's just poor analysis and a cop-out bim.   If the Bruins get a 3 minute 4-on-3 powerplay in overtime, I bet they win.  Blaming the loss on Tuukka makes me think you didn't watch the game.

I saw a goalie get beat, short-side, from a wristshot above the dot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Come on bim09 - he made two great saves in that same sequence just prior to the goal.

Nobody could get to the 2nd rebound (except Gabby) and nobody could be faulted for not stopping the fluttering shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Bad play by Chara with 17 sec left. He missed his clearing attempt. The Rangers are used to play bouncing puck because they are playing half of their games on bad ice at MSG.
    Posted by carltetus[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to give Chara a pass on this, because I think he played the entire OT.
    If Julien can't trust any of his d-men to be on the ice, in critical situations, without the big guy, out there holding their hand, it might be time to bring in another shut-down type d.
    With Ference likely to get the next couple of games off, Chara may end up playing 30+ minutes a game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Great game for both teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

you are missing the obvious. it's the Lightning alumni on this team that makes the difference. Cool