Great Lines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Great Lines

No not from the movies. Unless you want Seems great lines dont stick together very long anymore, buteven some of ours like the Uke line didn't last too long.I dont know about the Krat line, before my time What are some of the great ones, ours and theirs, especially original six like Montreal , Detroit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Great Lines

I was forced to use Krat as it apparently offensive,to use the u

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

The Merlot line! Seriously though Espo/Cash/Hodge was my favorite of all time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Cashman-Esposito-Hodge

Bucyk-Stanfield-McKenzie

They come instantly to mind...I know it's a long time ago, but I'm old.

Canadiens had some dandy lines when LaFleur, Cournoyer and those guys were playing.

Hull, Makita lines for Chicago were great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well some of the obvious ones

The Production Line - Howe, Abel, Lindsay

The French Connection - Perrault, Martin, Robert

The Punch Line - Rocket Richard, Lach and Toe Blake

LCB Line - Clarke, Leach and Barber

The Statsnys

All of those were fairly long lived and very productive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bonanza line...I actually did not know they had a name until later. Kvartalnov-Oates-Juneau.

Leclair-Lindros-Renberg as the Leigon Of Doom was a good one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Red , who did the Rocket play with later  I don't remember . Dickie  Moore , Beliveau, his brother

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red , who did the Rocket play with later  I don't remember . Dickie  Moore , Beliveau, his brother

[/QUOTE]

That line was close to the end of his career, late 50's I think (55-59?).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Thanks Red

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Before the Legion of Doom, wasn't there a Crazy 8's version of that line? With Recchi? Not long-lived, though.

Kid line was Conacher, Jackson, Primeau.  Kid line 2 was Meeker, Kennedy and Lynn.

Triple Crown line was Taylor, Dionne, Simmer.  (loved that line)

Bleacher Report (...throws up a little...) did a list of the top 15 lines a few years ago.  Pony line, Scooter line, and apparently Trio Grande line for Bossy, Trottier and Gilles.  Never, every heard that nickname for that line.  View at your peril.  I refuse to link.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Didn't the B's have the "700 lb" line ? Thornton, Murray & ?.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shutt lemaire Lafleur good line

I can't go much before that and honestly  don't care of maurice richard or henri richard or belliveau - ancient times not for me they should remove some of their cup banners after thst amount of years

[/QUOTE]

And watch there be a 2nd Richard Riot - he's still revered as basically a Saint in Quebec - a hockey player who got a State funeral. Up until earlier this month a story that featured him was on the back of the Canadian five dollar bill. Just because something's in the past doesn't mean it doesn't still resonate in the present.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike Knuble was the other player on the "Jumbo" line with Murray and Thornton

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And it really doesn't matter what you care about - Montreal is never going to take down those banners, Just like the Sox aren't about to remove the 1918 banners, the Celtics removing all those Cousy and Russell banners, or for that matter the Bruins taking down the 1970 banner (Really there's only ten years difference between Richard's last Cup and that one, so why not take them both down?)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well this is about our opinions and none of them ever factor in the real nhl world anyways. having said that these boards should not exist according to you.

here goes- i do not care about maurice or his brother who looked like he was 60 at 30 and played for what seemed an eternity.

Red, the mtl canadiens and Toronto had exclusive rights to the best players around a certaiun radius i.e. mtl had the best players out of quebec and and around . in those "inferior" times quebec produced some good players and MTL had them . It was not unril the mid 60's that the draft was introduced but mtl and toronto benefitted from those players well into the 70"s- they should take away the banners from late 70"s too.

i also might add that mtl practically owned the league it was not the hockey gods it was hockey owners that made the difference

[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with this Marco, take down half the Scabs Cups and half of the Laffs, that would represent a closer representation of the Cups they "truly" won and lets not get into the Habs conscription debate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to winexpos's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike Knuble was the other player on the "Jumbo" line with Murray and Thornton

[/QUOTE]

It was the 700lb line and it was Juline who was coaching the Candadiens at the time that called them that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before the Legion of Doom, wasn't there a Crazy 8's version of that line? With Recchi? Not long-lived, though.

Kid line was Conacher, Jackson, Primeau.  Kid line 2 was Meeker, Kennedy and Lynn.

Triple Crown line was Taylor, Dionne, Simmer.  (loved that line)

Bleacher Report (...throws up a little...) did a list of the top 15 lines a few years ago.  Pony line, Scooter line, and apparently Trio Grande line for Bossy, Trottier and Gilles.  Never, every heard that nickname for that line.  View at your peril.  I refuse to link.

[/QUOTE]

I want to say it was Recchi 8- Lindros 88 and Fedyk 18.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Back in the 60's the B's had the BOW line- Bucyk, Murray Oliver & Tommy Williams.

Chicago had the Million Dollar Babies- Bobby Hull, Red Hay & Murray Balfour

Hawks also had he scooter line of- Stan Mikita, Kenny Wharram & first Ab McDonald then after him, ex Bruin Doug Mohns.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Go ahead, make my day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Gene Hackman- "Mister you just shot an unarmed man"

Eastwood- "He should've armed himself"

Best line ever