Great thing about jagr deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Great thing about jagr deal

Chiarelli still has some good trade chips left to acquire a top 4 dman and hopefully another winger.I wouldnt mind Clowe on 3rd line with Lucic and Kelly. Might even try Seguin with dk and Jagr and try Horton on Bergys line

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Re: Great thing about jagr deal

I really don't get it.

Jaromir Jagr has won two Stanley Cups, an Olympic Gold Medal, a Hart trophy (league MVP), five Art Ross trophies (top scorer), has accumulated 1679 points in 1380 NHL games (better than a point per game - Iginla sits at .9 points per game), was his team's leading scorer at age 41 - and you talk about "looking at the bright side"?

Ah, well, I will try to reanimate Wernher von Braun - maybe he can help me with that bathroom light switch...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

RWTK do you actually watch hockey? He'll fit just fine. What on earth has Lucic or Horton ever done defensively to fit in CJ's system?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to ortiztheman2003's comment:

Chiarelli still has some good trade chips left to acquire a top 4 dman and hopefully another winger.I wouldnt mind Clowe on 3rd line with Lucic and Kelly. Might even try Seguin with dk and Jagr and try Horton on Bergys line

That's looking at the bright side of things, no doubt.  Jagr isn't a fit in Julien's system, so this is a pretty obvious desperation move and speaks volumes to the lack of quality past Iginla at Wing.

Oh well. He may be able to help the PP, so that could be something to watch.

You do realize that at age 41, Jagr's outscoring Iginla this year, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Jagr is gonna attract the other teams best defenders because of his size and (still) abilty to move the puck, whats that gonna do for his line mates and the other lines ? Im actually in awe now that the Bs , given a few games will be a force on the power play. Add the fact that Jagr is i thinks its 56th in the league with even strenght points, ahead of a few others you wouldnt beleive.

Im happy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Horton and Lucic are two of the worst defenders on the team. I don't see how Jagr's defensive faults are more of an issue than Bourque's, Horton's or Lucic's.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The fitting into Julien's system is way overblown.  The guys who truly need to fit in are the centers and the Dmen.  The wingers can definitely get away with being out of position or making the occasional mistake.   The best defensive winger on the B's in my opinion is Paille followed by Pandolfo (since this is all he thinks about). After that, they all have some weaknesses in their own end for various reasons, especially Lucic and Horton.    

Jagr will help along the left flank on the PP.  This spot has been used much less than the other side with Seguin or DK. I've seen Seidenberg play there but he is not the playmaker that Jagr is.    Having Jagr there will make teams think a bit more on that side of the ice and take pressure off the DMen, DK, and Seguin.  Excellent move.  The PP will be much more difficult to defend now.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree Luc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He doesn't play defense. I think it's fine to help the PP. This would move Lucic down to the 3rd line, I am assuming, where he's not the best in transition defense either.

It's not offensive, your posts just demonstrate your lack of knowledge regarding hockey. Your comment regarding Lucic moving to the third is evidence of this. That would only happen if Horton is capable of playing on his off wing, something he hasn't previously been asked to do by CJ. I think you could count on one hand the number of shifts that Lucic and Jagr have played on their off-wing during their careers combined. Jagr doesn't fill the LW spot on Krejci's line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Here's Cullen's take:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=419691

Best part was the admission that MacDermid and Payne will likely never amount to anything, in a dry statistical way of course....as is Cullen's way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

I really don't get it.

Jaromir Jagr has won two Stanley Cups, an Olympic Gold Medal, a Hart trophy (league MVP), five Art Ross trophies (top scorer), has accumulated 1679 points in 1380 NHL games (better than a point per game - Iginla sits at .9 points per game), was his team's leading scorer at age 41 - and you talk about "looking at the bright side"?

Ah, well, I will try to reanimate Wernher von Braun - maybe he can help me with that bathroom light switch...

Ach...first tings first....vere is das fuse box?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Any idea when Jags will play his first game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I hate to tell you this, Sire, but the people are getting a little uneasy around here - maybe you should lower the taxes or increase the amount of sensible content in your "Royal Bulletins".

In other words: You are aware, your Majesty, that this is a democracy, not a monarchy, and we could simply vote you out of "office"?

You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingWithTheKingII.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to red75's comment:

That's looking at the bright side of things, no doubt.  Jagr isn't a fit in Julien's system, so this is a pretty obvious desperation move and speaks volumes to the lack of quality past Iginla at Wing.

You do realize that at age 41, Jagr's outscoring Iginla this year, right?

Let's all realize that Jagr, at 41, won't be back next season, either.

He cost the organization 3 players - for an old man.

I hope it works out for Chiarelli's sake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

how does he not fit into Juliens system? bruins cycle the puck and jagr is one of the best at it. Protects the puck with the best of them..He's never won a selke, never will, but he's no defensive liability either. He's the classic puck possesion guy. They need more offense, he'll help provide it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

glad to see Lane go, unsure about cody payne - so it's all about the draft pick, if they don't get to the 3rd round it's only a 2nd round pick - and if they go further it's worth it, no?

And better than losing Koko and Bart and a certain #1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The way he's playing this year, that's a bit of an assumption. They've been saying that Selanne was going to retire at the end of the season for the last five years now. In a regular 82 game season, Jagr's on pace for 63 points, 3 off what Teemu had last year. I could see him retiring if he gets the Cup this year, otherwise I could see him playing for another season or two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

Any idea when Jags will play his first game?

Most likely against the Devils on Thursday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The way he's playing this year, that's a bit of an assumption. They've been saying that Selanne was going to retire at the end of the season for the last five years now. In a regular 82 game season, Jagr's on pace for 63 points, 3 off what Teemu had last year. I could see him retiring if he gets the Cup this year, otherwise I could see him playing for another season or two.

Let's go after Teemu, as well. What the heck.

We'll be set til 2014-15.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

...I hope it works out for Chiarelli's sake.

Come on now  - do you really think Clowe, the ultimate goal poacher, would have been the better option?
    And who says that Jagr won't be willing to re-sign with the B's?

We're not talking about some unknown "Slobodan Hrdlicka" - this guy is arguably the best European hockey player ever, and there aren't that many North Americans who I would rate higher than him either. Of course I would have loved to have him on the B's in his prime, but he was still the best player available - maybe even including Jarome Crosby.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Why won't he be back next season?  I'd give him a year to year contract if he plays well.