Great thing about jagr deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Great thing about jagr deal

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Why is my opinion so offensive, though? Jagr has never been Bruins material. I never thought so. Ultimare finesse player, doesn't care about D, afraid of contact, etc.

It kind of reminds me of that Michael Nylander deal back in 2004, I think it was. I realize Nylander was a Centerman and Jagr a Winger, these European types don't ever seem to have that extra edge needed in the postseason.

This board is littered with defensive crybabies.  It was just like this around the 2011 trading deadline, too.

I liked the Kelly and Peverely moves around that time, actually, and look what happened.

Kaberle was better than nothing, and it worked, but I just don't see Jagr helping much. I hope I am wrong.

No, you didn't.  You kept calling PC a second rate GM.  You said he was the only GM that a cheap Jacobs could get to come to Boston.

I can't go back and find your posts because BDC deleted your account for being an idiot.  But, we all know you didn't praise PC for any of his deals in '11.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"The Kelly injury hurts as much as anything."

This is absolute proof you have not watched any games this yearprior to Kelly braking his leg.

Jagr moving to Left Wing comical :laughing

Why does it matter what wing he plays? I realize he's a lifelong RW, but that doesn't mean he can't play LW. You have no idea where Claude is going to put him. No idea.

Yes, Kelly is VITAL to the this team. His faceoffs are huge.  Also, his defensive play is top notch down the middle.

You're quite the whiny little Bruins fan, aren't you?

Yes, it does mean that Jagr can't play left wing.  For most players it's very tough to switch sides.  It would throw off everything they know about how to play the game. Also, Iginla is also a full time right wing.  He was not going to displace Lucic, either.  Some guys it doesn't matter.  If you've ever seen Jagr play, you know he is exclusively a right wing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

OatesCam is a terriffic poster who knows very much about the game. I judge posters by their posts and not their avatars.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Ugh. We have a guy with a Jagr avatar, a guy who would never in a million years be accepted here until now, lecturing me on why Jagr has to play one Wing over another. He prefers the off wing, RW, which is fine and that's probably where he'll end up, but that's not a definite.

RWTK, while it's not a definite, don't you think it's unlikely, not impossible but unlikely for Julien to mess with what has worked for Jagr all these years, that is playing him on the right side with the left shot? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You think you have hockey knowledge but then you say that off wing means RW. It doesn't, it means the wing the player doesn't play. In Jagr's case off wing means LW. For many wingers playing off wing is next to impossible, as is the case with both Jagr and Iginla. We know our hockey here - including CamOates, who only put Jagr in his avatar after the trade today. Fairweather fans, yourself being a prime example, standout like sore thumbs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Ugh. We have a guy with a Jagr avatar, a guy who would never in a million years be accepted here until now, lecturing me on why Jagr has to play one Wing over another. He prefers the off wing, RW, which is fine and that's probably where he'll end up, but that's not a definite.

RWTK, while it's not a definite, don't you think it's unlikely, not impossible but unlikely for Julien to mess with what has worked for Jagr all these years, that is playing him on the right side with the left shot? 

Yes. I am just saying none of us know what the lines will be or where Jagr goes.

Why is this such a problem?   We'll see.  I hate to see coaches change things or do things to cater to a star player.

Why is everyone acting like this is a slam dunk anyway?  He's 41 and sucked the last time he was in the Eastern Conference.

It's not a problem.  I think it's more likely Julien will play him where the coach feels he will be his most effective - which is probably on the right wing where he's had success.  How many of his 600+ goals were scored from that sidie? Have no idea but since Julien wants to maximize whatever offensive skills he still has we'd have to figure he'll probably end up in the position where he's been effective.  No, it's not carved in stone but I'd imagine Julien has seen enough of Jagr over the years to know where to play him. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You think you have hockey knowledge but then you say that off wing means RW. It doesn't, it means the wing the player doesn't play. In Jagr's case off wing means LW. For many wingers playing off wing is next to impossible, as is the case with both Jagr and Iginla. We know our hockey here - including CamOates, who only put Jagr in his avatar after the trade today. Fairweather fans, yourself being a prime example, standout like sore thumbs.

Off wing is an opposite shot than the wing the player plays on.  Why does what their shot is and where they play all of a sudden matter?

Recchi played LW here because it made sense and it was a need.

Off wing means you're shooting off the opposite wing as your shot.  It's not a set in stone thing. 

You're calling me "fairweather"? LOL!

I have a 1000th career point Bourque ticket stub 10 feet from where I type. Wasn't an accident I was there. 50 goals in 42 games in 1994 for Neely. Was there. Jon Morris sat 5 rows behind us. You have no idea who Jon Morris is.

That's one of many names I can drop on here.

I well aware of what an off wing means. Off wing in no way means "Right Wing". You're an idiot.

I didn't say it, you did.

"He prefers the off wing, RW, which is fine and that's probably where he'll end up, but that's not a definite"

You're the idiot, and I called you on it. And your defense was a lie, a hockey fan like myself actually knows what off wing means and would never say what I was able to quote you as saying. And I honestly don't care what ticket stub you have. That has no reflection on your hockey knowledge.

Just go back to you Pats board, please?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No, it refers to the normal role of a player, not  "tradition." Jagr's an RW. Period. LW is his off wing.

It's actually quite easy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The last time he was in the eastern conf was last year and he played with giroux and hartnell.  Both had career yrs.  please do researh before posting such pure trash.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Jagr for a draft pick and nothing, is much better than the Inglia deal. Congrats P.C.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

Jagr for a draft pick and nothing, is much better than the Inglia deal. Congrats P.C.

This was a great deal.  I think jj fits better.  Hes a pp machine and has played with dk before.  It cost less and we still keep our better prospects.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Umm, no. Most right handed shots play RW, most left handed shots play LW. Simple.

There are no hard and fast rules, but for you to pretend Jagr is above Juline's system is typical for you fanboys here.

Jagr is an absolute girly-boy who doesn't play D and never has. He best not come here and dictate where he's playing.

Frankly, I don't care.  It doesn't look good as it is. The Iginla deal was botched and now we have a mullet goober who hasn't been a part of a winning team in 20 years.

ovie just started playing rw this year.  A lot of guys like playing the opposite side bc of the shot.  They will not take a guy whos been around as long as jagr and try to change his game.  They likely knew this before they got him.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Umm, no. Most right handed shots play RW, most left handed shots play LW. Simple.

There are no hard and fast rules, but for you to pretend Jagr is above Juline's system is typical for you fanboys here.

Jagr is an absolute girly-boy who doesn't play D and never has. He best not come here and dictate where he's playing.

Frankly, I don't care.  It doesn't look good as it is. The Iginla deal was botched and now we have a mullet goober who hasn't been a part of a winning team in 20 years.

What does that have to do with the conversation we've been having? This all started because you were saying he'd play in Lucic's slot(which is ridiculous and highly unlikely). I never once engaged you on the whole Julien's system thing.

BTW, I prefer the term "fangirl".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Regardless of who is the best between Inglia and Jagr. At least we keep Krug and Koko

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

But no one is saying Jagr is "above Julien's system."  Folks are suggesting not to be surprised if Julien doesn't tinker with the position Jagr has enjoyed measureable success in his career and is most familiar with.  All due respect to you I think you're misdirected in calling people "fanboys" here. 

I'd be confident enough to predict if Julien moved Jagr to the left wing and the switch proved to be unsuccessful with Jagr appearing to flounder it would be met with a tsunami of criticism in this forum.  I'm sure you know that.  The knives come out for far less.  There's your "fanboys."

The Bruins want to get the most benefit they can from him so it's doubtful at this point of his playing days they'll pluck him out of his generally acknowledged position of right wing and make him play the opposite side.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I have a question:

We traded a 2nd that could potentially become a first.  Does this mean that we cannot trade our first.

Could we trade a first that conditionally becomes a second if our first rd pick ends up going to Dallas?

Can we trade a first (unconditionally) that would default to a second if our first goes to Dal?  Would it default to a first the following season?

I dont get how this works and would appreciate some feedback

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I have a question:

We traded a 2nd that could potentially become a first.  Does this mean that we cannot trade our first.

Could we trade a first that conditionally becomes a second if our first rd pick ends up going to Dallas?

Can we trade a first (unconditionally) that would default to a second if our first goes to Dal?  Would it default to a first the following season?

I dont get how this works and would appreciate some feedback

I think you're overthinking it.

They could give someone a conditional 2nd this year, and it would be a 3rd if they don't get passed the 3rd round as they did with Jagr.

Otherwise I think they would consider our 1st and 2nd choices tied up for this year.

Other draft picks might be put on the table - or 1st or 2nd round draft picks for other years could be put up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He's 41 and sucked the last time he was in the Eastern Conference. 

Jagr, at 40 years young, had 54 points with 19 goals in 73 games last year with Philly. In the playoffs he had 8 points in 11 games.

Posters are trying to give you a a chance on here, inspite of your avatar, but you keep making uninformed claims like the one above.

Your worse than the ESPN AFC football blogger.

That's bad.