Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP

Great win by the Bs. TT was the difference again. Game 7 here we go. 4th time the charm? Having said that, the Bs stopped skating for long stretches tonight. Instead of playing to win they seemed almost to be playing not to lose. In other words they let up on the gas. Bergeron took some dumb penalties. Marchand too. If they want the win in Van they  are going to have to be better. I still BELIEVE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP

antique, quit being a player hater. This is the 4th time the B's have visited Vancouver ice in the Finals, and they've yet to play a good game or even a good period (one period at best) there....that just means they are due!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ok, just want to make sure you aren't quitting like that one fan in another thread who couldn't stand the thought of the season lasting any longer...yikes, some really moronic fans on this forum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think it's fair to say that Bergie has in fact taken some questionable penalties against Vancouver and TB.  We need you on the ice, Bergs.

Just throw away the defense first philosophy from games 1,2 and 5 and throw the kitchen sink at them.  Win or lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Well, that was ugly.  Luongo's got to make those first two saves.  The third was a deflection, as was Schneider's first.  But with the first goal being so important in this series, the Canucks needed those saves, and Lou didn't deliver.

Also, I hope this game puts to an end all the constant complaints about diving by the Canucks.  It's pretty evident Peverley seriously embellished that "boarding" penalty.  He dropped like he was shot, did a 5-count to make sure the refs saw it and thought he was concussed, then jumped up and tried to get involved in the scrum.  At that point, he should have been given an immediate unsportsmanlike penalty for the dive.

Also, I'm glad that the refs placed a 3-cross-check limit on the Bruins tonight.  They can get away with the first two, but the third gets called.

And maybe the pious CJ can get Thornton to shut his yap for 5 seconds.  He makes Lappy look like a mute in comparison.

There. How's that for a post-game rant?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

49, you have some valid points, but the fact is that was a terrible penalty to take on Peverly.  Whether he went down hard or not, your player literally skated away from an icing to hit him.  That's just got to be something a coach becomes unglued over.  I know I would.

And Sedin's little appendicitis attack when he was brushed in the stomach is going to keep the diving observations in full view.

That said, the Canucks came out flying in the 3rd and if that post shot had gone in, it would have been scary business.  It amazes me how they enter the zone with speed and finesse.   They cut to the net with the puck on a string, even the 3rd liners.  Scary.

I'm just going to say that maybe the Hockey Gods had a chance to tell Luongo to keep his trap shut.  I did like the way he spoke to Schneider (sp) on the way into the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanCitySir. Show VanCitySir's posts

GRRRR....Luongo , drives me crazy.if he stands up, he's got a 5 hole 3 feet wide....he flops to knees and can't get his glove above his shoulder. Those 2 goals just yanked everything from the Nucks. The B's controlled the neutral zone mid way thru first and second. Would have been very interesting , had that post shot got in, but its water under the bridge and comes down to home ice advantage now. Great win B's, just the better team tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

49. Never compare Thornton to Lapdog. Thorton snarls and moans but you know he'll back it up if anyone is man enough to try.

As for game 7. If you can't win in the other team's barn you probably don't deserve to win it all. Van couldn't do it. Boston has 1 more go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

F U, doesn't Vancouver have it's own website?

In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP:
    [QUOTE]Well, that was ugly.  Luongo's got to make those first two saves.  The third was a deflection, as was Schneider's first.  But with the first goal being so important in this series, the Canucks needed those saves, and Lou didn't deliver. Also, I hope this game puts to an end all the constant complaints about diving by the Canucks.  It's pretty evident Peverley seriously embellished that "boarding" penalty.  He dropped like he was shot, did a 5-count to make sure the refs saw it and thought he was concussed, then jumped up and tried to get involved in the scrum.  At that point, he should have been given an immediate unsportsmanlike penalty for the dive. Also, I'm glad that the refs placed a 3-cross-check limit on the Bruins tonight.  They can get away with the first two, but the third gets called. And maybe the pious CJ can get Thornton to shut his yap for 5 seconds.  He makes Lappy look like a mute in comparison. There. How's that for a post-game rant?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP:
    [QUOTE]Great win by the Bs. TT was the difference again. Game 7 here we go. 4th time the charm? Having said that, the Bs stopped skating for long stretches tonight. Instead of playing to win they seemed almost to be playing not to lose. In other words they let up on the gas. Bergeron took some dumb penalties. Marchand too. If they want the win in Van they  are going to have to be better. I still BELIEVE
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    Wrong, Bergeron was making people pay for some rough play earlier in the game.I liked seeing him play with an edge since the game was never in doubt.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!  1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I'm going to second Hendy77: "Maxine" Lapierre opens his mouth only when he knows no one is thinking of shoving their fist in his face.  McQuaid or Thornton would flatten that punk if he ever thought to put up his dukes.  Btw: what a mullet on McQuaid.  That mullet alone could kick some serious a**.

It's one thing to be a pain in the a** and back it up but quite another to talk smack and then pretend like you don't hear the other guy's challenge to fight.

If the Bruin's win Wednesday it won't be on finesse.  They absolutely must bring the physical type of game they've played in games 3, 4 and 6.  The Canucks won't be nearly so timid tomorrow night because they know its now or never.  Repeated and regular beatings must be the course of action!

GO BRUINS! GO BOSTON! GO MARCHAND!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Hey guys, is it just me or did Thornton shove a finger in Lappy's mouth last night? I could've sworn he did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, is it just me or did Thornton shove a finger in Lappy's mouth last night? I could've sworn he did.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    I think I did as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP : I think I did as well.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he did.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

the Raymond play was not only accident, but it was just sad. the guy was in an awkward spot, but Boychuk didn't really do much but finish a check. It's a tough break for Raymond, but Horton had to endure a pre-meditated hit by a guy who had intent to injure on his mind during the check. It's a rough series, no question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]the Raymond play was not only accident, but it was just sad. the guy was in an awkward spot, but Boychuk didn't really do much but finish a check. It's a tough break for Raymond, but Horton had to endure a pre-meditated hit by a guy who had intent to injure on his mind during the check. It's a rough series, no question.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

"finish a check"... on a guy who hadn't touched the puck. That's interference in the NHL rule book.  But there's the ref standing right there, ignoring the whole thing.  Meanwhile, Peverley drops like he's shot, does the "I'm concussed" 5-count, then pops back up. 

And Marchand... what a punk -- what can you possibly say to defend his moronic and infantile behaviour, repeatedly punching Sedin in the face? 

Let's face it.. as much as you've called the Canucks "biters and divers", the Bruins are guilty of just as much play which is "disrespectful to the spirit of the game" as anyone.  Let's not kid ourselves by saying that one team is "undeserving of the Cup", and the other is playing "like a team of angels". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP : "finish a check"... on a guy who hadn't touched the puck. That's interference in the NHL rule book.  But there's the ref standing right there, ignoring the whole thing.  Meanwhile, Peverley drops like he's shot, does the "I'm concussed" 5-count, then pops back up.  And Marchand... what a punk -- what can you possibly say to defend his moronic and infantile behaviour, repeatedly punching Sedin in the face?  Let's face it.. as much as you've called the Canucks "biters and divers", the Bruins are guilty of just as much play which is "disrespectful to the spirit of the game" as anyone.  Let's not kid ourselves by saying that one team is "undeserving of the Cup", and the other is playing "like a team of angels". 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

i can't tell the difference between the gazoo twins.  was that the one who took a run at marchand after the whistle in game 4 or was it her sister?  if it was, then it was justified.  if it wasn't, then marchand probably can't tell them apart either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

49 north, this was a serious question.  was it the same gazoo twin or was it the other one?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP : I hate to disagree dezaruchi. I know we are both huge fans of the Bs. But Bergeron did not play well. Bad penalties in Van could make a huge difference. I am in no way suggesting lack of toughness, just be smart about it. The Bs have to be tough in order to win. They have to just not cross the line. Sorry. Doubt clearly entered that game last night when the Bs stopped playing to win. They let up off the gas. I will give the Bs HUGE props for killing those last few minutes with what seemed like the full Van. team against a few Bs. BELIEVE 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    No big deal......we'll disagree on other things before all is said and done. Doubt may have"clearly entered that game" for you but I never felt the game was(or would ever be) close. I certainly do agree that it will take the Bruins "A" game if they want to win it all in Van....Peace and cheers to you!
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!  1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great win but will have to play better in Van to win the CUP : i can't tell the difference between the gazoo twins.  was that the one who took a run at marchand after the whistle in game 4 or was it her sister?  if it was, then it was justified.  if it wasn't, then marchand probably can't tell them apart either.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    ......or was it the one who took a run at Bergeron from the blind side 10 minutes earlier........?
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]antique, quit being a player hater. This is the 4th time the B's have visited Vancouver ice in the Finals, and they've yet to play a good game or even a good period (one period at best) there....that just means they are due!!!!!
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

see, what did i tell ya, antique