Gresh and Zo Hammering Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Gresh and Zo Hammering Jagr

HA! Gresh and Zo discussing hockey? I can't even stand them discussing football. The best part of this is if Gresh and Zo said one negative thing about Bill Belichick, Bassfishing would start a thread about how dorky and clueless they are. He starts one about Felger and Mazz once a week.

Its pretty clear why he has an ax to grind with Jagr. Does anyone remember the thread he started the day before Jagr was acquired saying that Jagr was a horrible fit and he would never be a Bruin? He cannot stand being wrong so feels like he has to put down everything Jagr does to make it seem like he was right from the beginning.

Yesterday I responded to a post of his in which he called Jagr junk, pointing out the spark that it has given the Bergeron line and apparently that makes me a moron.

"Those morons see Jagr on a jersey and just think he's swell for this Bs system."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

HA! Gresh and Zo discussing hockey? I can't even stand them discussing football. The best part of this is if Gresh and Zo said one negative thing about Bill Belichick, Bassfishing would start a thread about how dorky and clueless they are. He starts one about Felger and Mazz once a week.

Its pretty clear why he has an ax to grind with Jagr. Does anyone remember the thread he started the day before Jagr was acquired saying that Jagr was a horrible fit and he would never be a Bruin? He cannot stand being wrong so feels like he has to put down everything Jagr does to make it seem like he was right from the beginning.

Yesterday I responded to a post of his in which he called Jagr junk, pointing out the spark that it has given the Bergeron line and apparently that makes me a moron.

"Those morons see Jagr on a jersey and just think he's swell for this Bs system."

BassFishing = Andy Gresch??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

When i want in depth hockey analysis I always turn to Gresh and Zo.

And thank god for Tuesdays with Wiggy, he gets down right technical when it comes to the Bruins power play.

Love Tuesdays with Wiggy. A black man sporting tons of tatts with a heavy Boston accent makes me giggle..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This is silly.  If you want Jagr from 10 years ago, you'll be disappointed.

But if you want a strong veteran winger, who can carry the puck, make smart decisions, pass well, and produce (check the numbers), than he has done very well.

To say "he doesn't add anything so far" is inane.  Watch the games, and worry less about Gresh and Zo trying to entertain you with snappy opinions.  Jagr has been solid, at the very least.  

Who would you like to see playing there?

I honestly didnt see any of what you wrote out of JJ until Game 3 of the Rangers series. Game 3 is what Ive been expecting and waiting for since we got him. Now keep it going JJ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I am really divided about JJ. He looks good, but not much happens when he is out there. Sort of like Anna Kournikova. But considering the relatively cheap price for him, I guess he worth it for a time eater. 

It seems that he isn't a great team player, in that he is use to being able to do so much himself, that he didn't need a lot of help doing it. But now that he doesn't have that speed to make the last move necessary to finish a play, he's just a fill in player.

Still lots of playoff games to be played, and he might be the difference later on.

10 games = 0 goals, and  4 assists. -2 

vs.

Iginla - 9 games, 2 goals, 8 assists. -3.

Quite the contrary, perrysound.

If you notice, when Jagr is on the ice, they play is usually in the other team's end and he is making them work. Creating frustation and fatigue for the other side.

Also, he really has been snake bitten. He and Seguin.

Maybe, they are saving theirs goals for the Penguins.

[/QUOTE]

That is the point I was making. He is a good time eater. He does hold onto the puck for long periods, and it must tire the other team out, but inveribly, the puck rarely ends up in the net. 

Anyway, I do appreciate his contribution, but you can't say that he's been on fire. And it seems to ME, that he just doesn't make the connections / passes to other linemates.

Maybe he should be back with Campbell. I know I shat all over that pairing a month ago, but I must admit I was wrong, and they worked well together. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Jagr is doing fine and will score tonight and get the monkey off his back. The real problem is Seguin who has taken one of his patented dance steps backwards in the grit department. His butt-check is the laziest piece of garbage you'll see throughout a game. Stick up in the air doing nothing, little butt check that accomplishes nothing, and back up the ice. Attaboy, Segs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I've just recently stopped listening to 98.5. Honestly, they are the worst hockey minds in the universe on that station, and they are spoiling a run to the cup with their cumpulsive negativity. Sure, I appreciate the fact that they talk Bruins over the Red Sox, but that bit of good will has run out for me.

WEEI is a mercy at this point. Yeah, Salk and Holley don't know the game any more than Felger and Mazz, but at least they don't sit there and whine for 4 hours. Even Mutt and Lou have better instincts when it comes to hockey, despite their shared ignorance for the finer points of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

I've just recently stopped listening to 98.5. Honestly, they are the worst hockey minds in the universe on that station, and they are spoiling a run to the cup with their cumpulsive negativity. Sure, I appreciate the fact that they talk Bruins over the Red Sox, but that bit of good will has run out for me.

WEEI is a mercy at this point. Yeah, Salk and Holley don't know the game any more than Felger and Mazz, but at least they don't sit there and whine for 4 hours. Even Mutt and Lou have better instincts when it comes to hockey, despite their shared ignorance for the finer points of the game.

Adam Jones does a good job.  The daytime guys are miserable.

Citing the football guys as a source to champion your opinion as the OP has done is like using Bleacher Report.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Adam Jones does a good job.  The daytime guys are miserable.

Citing the football guys as a source to champion your opinion as the OP has done is like using Bleacher Report.

Citing the football guys to champion your opinion on hockey is like citing Bookboy to champion your opinion on brevity

(No offense Book, keep doing what you do)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Citing the football guys to champion your opinion on hockey is like citing Bookboy to champion your opinion on brevity

(No offense Book, keep doing what you do)

Nice rip!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Jagr is greater than the sum of his parts. Something tells me I should be feeling the same thing about Seguin.