Gryba gets 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Gryba gets 2 games

There you have it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Gryba gets 2 games

Link ? i just checked tsn and nhl nothing yet

Ok got it, thats rediculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Very suprised.  In slo mo it looked clean.  They must have taken 2 things into account...1.  It was not a star player    2. They remember the reaction coming out of Montreal on the Chara hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Very suprised.  In slo mo it looked clean.  They must have taken 2 things into account...1.  It was not a star player    2. They remember the reaction coming out of Montreal on the Chara hit.

I would have thought 1game was fair just to calm the air for a hit that still seems clean . Then so did Chara have to get 2 games with Pacioretty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What?  Link?

Makes no sense.  What was the infraction?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422306

Wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Cant wait to see the justification video

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can't get a good look, but it appeared to be a clean hit to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/sens-gryba-gets-two-game-suspension-for-hit-on-habs-eller/article11698660/

Yah the coach should apologize to Eller's family that's comical. Shouldn't have even been a penalty during the game. Shanaban was scared of mighty montreal.

Adding more to his inconsistency.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There was head contact, but only as a result of the body contact, which I thought was okay.  Rule 48 does not ban head contact, it bans targeting the head or hitting the head as the main point of contact.  This was neither, so I can only imagine the basis of the suspension.  Kerry Fraser reviewed this last night and said it looked okay to him.  What is Shanny seeing?

Anyhow, I do hope Eller comes back.  That was no fun to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Does this set a precedence ?   Let's wait for the NHL explanation video,  they must see point of contact being the head.  Maybe they have another angle ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The call on the ice was 5 mins for interference. Eller had the puck, so interference was the wrong call. 5 mins for charging maybe, but not interference. It was a botched call to calm the masses and to address that Eller got hurt.I think the suspension was to compensate Montreal for Eller's injury, nothing more.Another botched decision by Sherriff shanny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

wow....what can you say?

So much for hitting in this league....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Pretty soon slap shots will be banned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Absolutely stunned.  I don't mean me.  I mean Shanahan is absolutely f-ing stunned.  Eller got hurt because he fell on his face.  It also looked to me like he got his own stick in the face in the collision.  I have yet to see video evidence of Gryba making anything like first or principle contact with Eller's head.  Bogus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I was watching the Sox game with Toronto with the TV next to me at the bar set on the Montreal game, so I saw the hit live. It looked as if Eller was hit pretty high but that most of the damage was done when Eller's head hit the ice. There was lots of blood on the ice and while it may not have been an interference call, they really had to call a major penalty of some sort. Someone mentioned charging and I guess that works for me. What surprised me most was that after the hit Ottawa really played alot better than they had been playing up to that point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I can see the 1 showboat 2 showboat 3 showboat rule coming soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MkeyC. Show MkeyC's posts

Guess they are making the rules up as they go

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The justification is was against a Canadien.  They can not be hit, but they can take a dive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to croc's comment:

The justification is was against a Canadien.  They can not be hit, but they can take a dive.

Bingo. The NHL just bent over for Montreal as it has for decades. That was a clean, hard hit. Shanny and all who were part of this "decision" should quit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the NHL was bending over for the Habs for decades, wouldn't they have won a Cupsince 1993?  Or at least a draft lottery?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeydguitar. Show mikeydguitar's posts

Wow! How can Shanny justify that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If the NHL was bending over for the Habs for decades, wouldn't they have won a Cupsince 1993?  Or at least a draft lottery?

Don't use logic or common sense here....they have no place in hockey discourse.

Gryba got 2 games because there was a massive pool on blood on the ice, and it wouldn't play well with the casual fans/families that the league is trying to attract. If you think the logo Eller or Gryba wears has anything to do with it, you're simply an idiot.

As mentioned earlier, my belief here is that true justice would have been 0 games. But I am not surprised by the decision, given the reality that image is important to the NHL brass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Strongly disagree with Shanahan's decision.  No surprise, though, as these decisions have been consistently inconsistent since inception.

Eller's head is not the principle point of contact, and that is the basis for his decision to suspend.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=245071&navid=DL|NHL|home

Habs fans have a right to demand justice, just as I'm sure B's fans would want a suspension if one of our own were on the receiving end of this hit.  Shanahan's job, however, is to render decisions absent passion or prejudice.  IMO, he failed.

Hope the best for Eller.  Pretty much a dink of player, but you always hate to see a guy get hurt.  Speedy recovery.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

If you think the logo Eller or Gryba wears has anything to do with it, you're simply an idiot.

I'll agree that someone here is an idiot.