Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

Interesting lineups with only a few variations.  Bergeron, Seguin, Kreji, Marchand, Lucic, Chara,, Hamilton, and Rask would be my core players;

Campbell, Kelly , Paille, Seidenberg provide consistency

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

That poster RollerHockey.  Was polite, insightful, level headed.  A good guy to converse with.  Havent seen him around this season.

Also: Jack Edwards x 1000

The guy in the marketing dept who came up w/ the idea of using the bear in the commercials.  And the dancing bear on the jumbo tron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Marchand,  Krejci,  Chara,  Seguin,  Hamilton,  Bergeron , Seidenberg , Rask, Paillie , Campbell , and yes , Khudobin  starting to like his game as well even in the back up role. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Popularity contest like the Baseball All-Star voting. I laughed when Celtic fans called Ray Allen a trader even though the Heat is his 4th team. I would get over pretty much most players but not Bergeron if he left. Eventually they become the enemy that you want to see beat. I'm just so used to players being free agents that go for the extra money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bergeron

Marchand

McQuaid

Paille

Looch

Seguin

Nathan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

I add Seguin, he is becoming Bergy like in his D, with the rest of his upside to come, no way I want to see it on another team.  I also keep Hamilton.

If it is Krej there better be someone really good coming back with excellent picks like Iginla, Sarich and 1st overall pick from Calgary for Nathan McKinnon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Absolutely inconceivable to me that anyone doesn't have Lucic on there.  When he's on his game, he's unique; when he's not, he's still a load for other team's top lines and D-pairings.  Every time he's on the ice, there's a chance he'll get that freight train rolling down the wing and either dump and cruch or make a nice pass that ends up in a goal.  He just creates so much space.  When he's struggling, it doesn't happen often enough for my liking and I suspect that's th reason people aren't listing him - which is a paradox to me.  Love what he can do and how he can affect the game so much that when he's slumping, you lose interest in him.

Cedfano.  Fat.  Bergeron.  Marchand.  Ruin the rest of the year if they were dealt.  If they chose to leave, well, that's always another story.

Seguin, Hamilton - I would hate it because I've seen enough to know that the next tier is attainable, and it would be very very disappointing for them to get there with another jersey on. 

Krejci, McQuaid, Seidenberg - Some guy have that extra gear that isn't a sign of dogging it at other times - it's just being able to rise to the moment.  Krejci did that two years ago, and he's become a much better goal-scorer since.  I think that when the chips are down, he's a guy that will find a way.  Same with Seidenberg.  You need to assign a guy to play 40min against Crosby and Malkin?  Somehow, this guy finds a way.  McQuaid's partly here and partly in the Seguin/Hamilton logic.  I can see a McSorley path for him - bruiser who just gets more and more reliable as a player until he finds he has more offensive skill than he thought and suddenly puts up some points.  He's getting the shots already.

Inconsistent.  High Cap hit.  Loses focus.  Its not that I want him to go, its just that I wanted to limit my list to 5 and he doesnt make the cut.

A hobbled Krejci worked circles around him last night.

I can find you an army of guys who seem to work way harder.  They won't affect the game anywhere near as much.  Funny, but in a way, it's appropriate to have this conversation on the day Kovalev retires.  Another guy who got a rep for losing focus and being inconsistent, but he took over games and put up nearly 1500 points in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Edit that Kovalev point total, Book.  1,029 total.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Guys I'd hate to see leave. Bergeron, Hamilton, Seguin, marshy, Rask, paille, and a couple of the prospects. For the right price I'd be alright with the rest being dealt. Lucic and krejci are tough ones. When they are on they're great but the while first line is too inconsistent. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Phil the thrill Kessel 

oops sorry channeling my inner bruins8

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Bergeron

Marchand

McQuaid

Paille

Looch

Seguin

Nathan

You constantly post about how great Khudobin is, and the bruins won't win the cup without him, but you have no problem if they trade him away?

You really are coo-coo for coco puffs!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

1. Chara

2.bergeron

3. Marchand

4. Lucic

5. Seguin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It would be easier fo say who I would like to see go

Horton....I hate the thought though. But since he's come back, he's just not the big power guy that makes him danergous.

Peverly.

Andrew Ferance is there too. He's quick, but he gets pushed around too much. And lately he's making bad break out passes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Chara - There's no defender out there like him. 

Bergeron - One of the very elite two-way players in the league.

Lucic - Can't be stopped when he's on his game.

McQuaid - The Bruins' back-end hardrock. 

Marchand - Each year so far he's continued to elevate his game.

Krejci - He can be the guy through whom the offence flows.

Seguin - The offensive dagger.

Rask - I want to see how good he can become.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Same as above +

Siedenberg - Would be a top pairing defenseman on most teams

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

That poster RollerHockey.  Was polite, insightful, level headed.  A good guy to converse with.  Havent seen him around this season.

Also: Jack Edwards x 1000

The guy in the marketing dept who came up w/ the idea of using the bear in the commercials.  And the dancing bear on the jumbo tron.

Ugggh !

His favourite line was telling other posters they were being "narrow minded". He used it steady. Since he's been gone we've all had clearer thinking.

Good riddance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

You stealing my list RHO? :-)  Good choices.  

I'll put an * on Krejci with the caveat "if this is the Krejci we have finally been waiting for."  And boy do I hope it is.  He's showing it all, including guts.  I'm liking him by the game.

That he is, ipot.  He's in the crease digging for rebounds.  That he's even in there doing it is pleasing.  We've seen him step into people.   All this in addition to his offensive skills is good for the Bruins because they need him to play a big part in their success.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The original point was guys you couldn't live without.  You can't list 7 players!!

Chara, Bergeron, Segiun, Hamilton.

Other than the above four, I'd get over a trade involving anyone else on the team.  I think there is enough depth in the organization right now to deal Rask if the situation arose. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

The original point was guys you couldn't live without.  You can't list 7 players!!

Other than the above four, I'd get over a trade involving anyone else on the team.  I think there is enough depth in the organization right now to deal Rask if the situation arose. 

scooter, you're saying Khudobin would be the number one?  Followed by whom? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

At the risk of encouraging Stanley, Khudobin has shown me he can provide adequate goaltending, maybe better than that even.  Svedberg could back-up, and Subban is a good possibility for the future, maybe sooner than one would expect for a goalie.

I know in this thread we weren't supposed to talk specifics of trades so I'll keep it general.  Trading Rask wouldn't be in anyway a salary trade, if he could generate significant pieces coming back, I wouldn't be upset.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

At the risk of encouraging Stanley, Khudobin has shown me he can provide adequate goaltending, maybe better than that even.  Svedberg could back-up, and Subban is a good possibility for the future, maybe sooner than one would expect for a goalie.

I know in this thread we weren't supposed to talk specifics of trades so I'll keep it general.  Trading Rask wouldn't be in anyway a salary trade, if he could generate significant pieces coming back, I wouldn't be upset.   

Wins you nothing! You need exceptional to win a championship with the odd Anti Neimi being the exception, but even he played great in a lot of games in the 2010 play-offs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Wins you nothing! You need exceptional to win a championship with the odd Anti Neimi being the exception, but even he played great in a lot of games in the 2010 play-offs.

I'm not so sure.  Prior to 2011, a few teams were going the other way on that, settling for adequate/good and spending on other areas.  Some had success (Hawks, Detroit), some have not (Flyers).  I think Timmy's performance may have stunted that trend, but it's still a valid philosophy. 

Also, that's not to say that the cheaper goalies didn't provide exceptional goaltending and high salary guys bombed, happens all the time.  Which happens more?  Roberto Luongo or Cam Ward? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you have a high quality goaltender, you can't deal him away in hopes that the backup is good enough.  Now, if Rask is looking for seven years at $7M each, then see ya later.  Hopefully that isn't the case.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Edit that Kovalev point total, Book.  1,029 total.

Geez, the one time I don't look something up to validate.

Edit, schmedit - I screwged that one up.  Thanks for correcting it.