Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M???

In Response to Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M??? : i wasn't leaving that out dez and honestly i dont think spacek gives Montreal much more then kaberle is or will in the future. what do u think of the 2 players side by side as far as helping the habs win hockey games. dez i think the biggest factor in the trade not making sense is that spacek is up after this year so the habs could get out from under his bloated contract, by dealing for kaberle they take on 2 more years of soft play for 8 million plus.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Loyal, I just think that with Kaberle and Spacek, we're talking aboiut 2 soft players. One has an offensive upside and one doesn't. The trade hasn't helped the Habs win very many games but Spacek wasn't either and sometimes a GM has to just try something. When the Habs fire Gauthier, there will be many things ahead of Kaberle on the list of reasons why.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M???:[QUOTE]Not a bad signing in and of itself I think, but the Habs have 5 UFA's and 7 RFA's to sign this year, including Subban and Price, and already have $46.25 in committed salary for next season. Gives them about $16 million to $18 million (depending on what the cap is) to spend on half their team, including their top two players. Not a good position to be in. Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Where figuring that out on CapGeek but apparently Gauthier, who's is in charge of a multi-million dollar profit machine, can't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sandog, no offense but I believe Gauthier may have more info on the status of Markov than the people on these boards.  If not then you are dead on target.  Cheers and Happy New Year btw.  I am drinking a Rare Vos at the moment after a day of work.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M??? : Loyal, I just think that with Kaberle and Spacek, we're talking aboiut 2 soft players. One has an offensive upside and one doesn't. The trade hasn't helped the Habs win very many games but Spacek wasn't either and sometimes a GM has to just try something. When the Habs fire Gauthier, there will be many things ahead of Kaberle on the list of reasons why.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

As usual were on the same page dez i guess the biggest part of this transaction was the habs acquiring pretty much the same player like we talked about but with kaberle they have the added 2 more years after this year and spacek was in the last year of his deal according to nhlnumbers.com.

and your also right about Gautier too his days are numbered. if u want a real laugh dez read the last 3 articles by jack todd of the Montreal quazette.
    absolutely hilarious dez here are titles of his last 3 articles in the montreal newspaper from oldest to newest

(1)-on dec 12 (3 days after kaberle deal) "what was Guathier thinking"

(2)-on dec 19 ( 2 days after martin is fired "Gauthier should have fired himself"

(3)-on dec 27 ( he writes an open memo letter to the owner of the canadians) "MR. MOLSON, its time to fire Gauthier"

needless to say titles speak for themselves. so dez or any of u guys or girls need a good laugh at the expense of the Montreal canadains then check this writer out. Jack todd of the Montreal gazette

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Naw. good signing. He's pretty much a younger Seidenberg who got to a high level of play sooner.

In Response to Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M???:
    [QUOTE]$3.9M per year for the next 6 years for this guy?  Seems a little steep to me when you figure that Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, Corvo and McQuaid all make less than he will.  Oh well, good thing the Habs don't have any bad contracts to deal with. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383970
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs Extend Josh Gorges: 6 yrs/ $23.4M??? : That's what the market was paying.  I hated Kaberle's soft play as much as anyone, but does anyone think Christian Ehrhoff played any better in the finals?  He was awarded a much bigger contract.  It was a sellers market.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Ehrhoff may have been the single worst free agent signing last summer. If not him, it was Ville Leino. Those two deals may wind up costing Darcy Regier his job in Buffalo.