Habs game plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Habs game plan

So how do they plan to win the series?  Is diving and drawing penalties their #1 goal? 

Sure, they want to use their speed to their advantage, but the B's will counter that with being physical.  Overall, B's have the edge in talent and if they use their heads, should win this series in no more than 6 games.

So what is Montreal's game plan?  What strategies is their coaching staff going to try to employ?  How do they plan to beat the best Boston team currently playing in this city? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Habs game plan

You can't plan it, but the best way for Montreal to beat Boston would be for Price to play as good as Halak did last year.  If Price outplays Thomas consistently, everything else might not matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They can't let Tim get a clear view of the puck. I think their best strategy will be to pay the price physically and clutter up as much space in front of the Boston net as possible. Then rely on their speed for the transition, and collapse around Price, and give him the best chance to put them over the top. Put as much focus as possible on the ice around the two nets, and run the B's ragged with fast transitions between those two areas. Backup of their own goalie, and try to give ours fits.

Easier said than done though, as the Bruins will try to do what they've done all year and force the Habs to take shots from the perimeter and not allow the Habs to set up any screens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Dive and fake concussions/fractured vertebrae

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Habs game plan:
    [QUOTE]Dive and fake concussions/fractured vertebrae
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

as crass as this sounds, it has some truth to it. Their plan should be to instigate, to chirp, to yap, to try to play to the passion of some of the bruins more physical players, and try to get power plays, the only clear advantage that MTL has is their special teams, if they can get 5 power plays a game, they can get two goals, and hope to get one even strength and win a bunch of 3-2 games. Hopefully the officials will remember that this is the playoffs, and put their whistles away

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I read an interview the other day...think it was on ESPN.com.  Anyway, one of their players all but said that they intend to use Boston's physicality against them by drawing penalties....in  orher words...diving and trying to win on the PP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dive, Fake, Flop, Turtle to draw retaliatory penalties. When there is a questionable hit try to get their joke of a police force to file charges and possibly arrest key bruins players.

Pretty simple they are going to pull their usual shanagins because for the habs to have any chance they will have to have a lot of power plays.

I hope we sweep them with Chara getting the empty net goal in game four to ice it!

My only question is what game will Max play in? Hes skatting now I mean what a miraculas recovery he must have gone through for a guy who had a severe concussion and broken verdatbre!