Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Hamill

In Response to Re: Hamill:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins and Canadiens have several similarities in coaching style and several distinct differences. Their team player makeup is very different, other than both being based around very good goaltending.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh I knew I can count on you. Short and sweet , you sum it all up, un-like my long explanation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:[QUOTE]The Bruins and Canadiens have several similarities in coaching style and several distinct differences. Their team player makeup is very different, other than both being based around very good goaltending. Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Defense first, Lemaire hybrid trap and Didn't they both come up through the Canadien coaching ranks ? or no...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Defense first, Lemaire hybrid trap and Didn't they both come up through the Canadien coaching ranks ? or no...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

more and more to fuel my argument.  Thanks
    Bottom line we cannot say Pouliot is not used to playing the Bruins system . Pouliot's problem is between the ears and confidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I invite you to take a look at the ice time in their last four games. People who can tell the differnce have made it clear which one is the better player.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Wow, Jordan is "active", yet only has 9 hits while Benoit has 16.  Makes sense that Benoit is not yet comfortable with his positioning in a system he is still learning.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Ok, I was afraid i was going to have to consign you to the ranks of the terminally stupid.
    Yes, he had an unspectacular game. He didn't make any absurd defensive znne turnovers, and didn't put up eleven points. I'm not calling for him to get first line minutes, just saying this is not the same player who couldn't even make the last two weeks of camp in years past.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Not that one ,  there was no call.  Size has nothing to do with it. I can name you 10 players that are as small or smaller than Hamill but use their speed and quick feet (and NAS please don't ask what that means) to get away from big defensemen. He had an okay game overall but on a consistence basis what he lacks might be displayed more often than a good pass he makes.  The pros and cons game. Like NAS said the day before the game maybe Hamill needs to play at a higher level with better players and so will his game. All I'm saying he had an okay game but like most of you I'm going to stay away from saying he belongs.  When he plays more games and continues his play then I'll jump on the bandwagon.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I was afraid i was going to have to consign you to the ranks of the terminally stupid. Yes, he had an unspectacular game. He didn't make any absurd defensive znne turnovers, and didn't put up eleven points. I'm not calling for him to get first line minutes, just saying this is not the same player who couldn't even make the last two weeks of camp in years past. In Response to Re: Hamill :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

LOL.. i got your point from the get go.   bleed bleed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamill in-Pouliot out against Buff. Big step for Hamill to make as it's the 1st time he's managed to outplay someone for a spot in the lineup. I hope he plays like every shift could be his last.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

First forward back on the play in the middle of the first.  He sure is working hard.

After all of the ribbing we've given him, it would be so great if he could be a useful NHLer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:[QUOTE]First forward back on the play in the middle of the first.  He sure is working hard. After all of the ribbing we've given him, it would be so great if he could be a useful NHLer! Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

^Yep!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]First forward back on the play in the middle of the first.  He sure is working hard. After all of the ribbing we've given him, it would be so great if he could be a useful NHLer!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    You're absolutly right. Hope he shows all of us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]First forward back on the play in the middle of the first.  He sure is working hard. After all of the ribbing we've given him, it would be so great if he could be a useful NHLer!

guilty as charged and double yep!!!

how was hamill tonight i didnt get out to the ice once tonight. he line from box score doesnt say much second to last in toi(8:39) second to last in shifts(14) no shots on net and he took a high stick penalty.

second was caron in julians dog house u guys?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill :  second was caron in julians dog house u guys? Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Hamill held his own even though he didn't get any points. Zack almost had a goal but Kelly was more wide open Loyal. Julien wanted to see Caron on the 4th line so this might mean PC is of finally unloading Pouliot or Hamill is being shown to scouts because Jordan can play either on the 3rd or 4th line. Either way it's a good think Boston is getting help from Providence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Personally I think Hamill is being showcased. Going on the history of PC and this current team, Pouliot is still more valueable to them.

As long as he does some long hours with the skating coach. Hundreds, maybe even thousands.

Still though, Hamill still feels like an odd man being showcased.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I think Hamill is being showcased. Going on the history of PC and this current team, Pouliot is still more valueable to them. As long as he does some long hours with the skating coach. Hundreds, maybe even thousands. Still though, Hamill still feels like an odd man being showcased.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

When was the last time the B's "showcased" anyone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : When was the last time the B's "showcased" anyone?
    Agreed. CJ simply iced the team that he felt had the best chance of winning.Hamill just happenned to be a part of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : When was the last time the B's "showcased" anyone?
    Right now, with Hamill. I like him too, and want him to do well, but it's between him and Pouliot. Bs management loves big failure PF types. Therefore, Hamill is being showcased, and Pouliot is being schooled in practice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Right now, with Hamill. I like him too, and want him to do well, but it's between him and Pouliot. Bs management loves big failure PF types. Therefore, Hamill is being showcased, and Pouliot is being schooled in practice.

Can you remember a time that Chiarelli "showcased" any player?  If not, why would you think it's happening now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Can you remember a time that Chiarelli "showcased" any player?  If not, why would you think it's happening now?
    Just by taking a look at the situation. It's either Hamill or Pouliot. Unless Hamill pulls a Marchand, and I didn't say that because I'm writing to you, he is the odd man out. He is on a high right now. No matter how much of a failure Pouliot has been in his NHL career, he is still more proven and valuable than Hamill. So then why is Hamill being played over Pouliot? Why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I think you're wrong.
    Pouliots ice time had dropped over his last four game to right around 5 minutes even before Hamill got called up. Hamill has some skill. We don't know how much yet, but some, Pouliot has just about nothing.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Just by taking a look at the situation. It's either Hamill or Pouliot. Unless Hamill pulls a Marchand, and I didn't say that because I'm writing to you, he is the odd man out. He is on a high right now. No matter how much of a failure Pouliot has been in his NHL career, he is still more proven and valuable than Hamill. So then why is Hamill being played over Pouliot? Why?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Pouliot has some speed and size in the NHL. Hamill has some speed and playmaking ability in the AHL, and is undersized. He scored one point two games ago right? Oh my GOD! HE'S AWESOME!

Pouliot has more potential/value overall whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Hamill is being showcased right now on his "hot streak."

The B's are trying to play people with him. Get over your attachment with overrated draft picks. I forgive ya.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Who ever said Hamill was on a "hot streak"? I never saw it. Hamill simply flashes more ability than Pouliot, who has had plenty of shots to make it in the NHL. Some players make a seamless transition, and see no drop-off in production when making the step-up into the NHL from the AHL. If Hamill does that, I think the Bruins will have done alright. Is it worth a top 10 pick? Probably not, as you expect to get a 1st liner out of that, but we'll take it at this point in time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot has some speed and size in the NHL. Hamill has some speed and playmaking ability in the AHL, and is undersized. He scored one point two games ago right? Oh my GOD! HE'S AWESOME! Pouliot has more potential/value overall whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Hamill is being showcased right now on his "hot streak." The B's are trying to play people with him. Get over your attachment with overrated draft picks. I forgive ya.

Hamill 5' 11" 180
    Pouliot 6' 3" 195

Not a big size difference.
    (Marchand is 5'9" 190)

Hamill 2 games 1 assist and is a plus 2
    Pouliot 10 games 1 goal and is a minus 2

Are you considering "potential" because of draft position?  Hamill was an 8 and Polio was a 4, not much difference in that.  Marchand was a #71 overall, would you get rid of him based on "potential"?

If I'm CJ or any coach, I don't play someone based on potential, but on production and Hamill is way outproducing Polio, by a pretty hefty margin.

Drop the preconceived notions and just look at the stats and stats alone and I instantly say Hamill is more valuable. 

And then consider Hamill's salary cap.  Let's say Hamill gets "on fire", and goes beyond that, goes "white hot", then "goes nuclear" - which for him would mean about 40-50 points this year.  Just for the sake of argument, let's say that happens, he still has basically nothing at the negotiating table.  He would get at or about league minimum.  Polio - if he turned in the same numbers, could argue for slightly more money because he's turned in roughly the same numbers before.  So Hamill would have a smaller cap hit this year and in years to come.

Hey, get over your preconceived notions. I will forgive you, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:[QUOTE]Who ever said Hamill was on a "hot streak"? I never saw it. Hamill simply flashes more ability than Pouliot, who has had plenty of shots to make it in the NHL. Some players make a seamless transition, and see no drop-off in production when making the step-up into the NHL from the AHL. Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

My take is the "hot streak" were Hamill's AHL numbers before the call up. Hamill is also a better playmaker than Pouliot as I have not seen Benoit make one solid pass or set up for his linemates. Another poster mentioned Pouliot hits allot, not seeing it he never separated anyone from the puck just the occasional graze after a player releases the puck.

The cheap 1.1M experiment is OVAH!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamill is playing much better than Pouliot, and deserves the fill-in roster spot because he can adequately fill-in when needed. Do not see him in a 4th line spot as he doesn't seem to have Campbell's edge and combative commitment, but he has hockey smarts, doesn't make glaring mistakes, knows and plays Claude's game, and covers for his linemates quite well. He could be a regular on some other teams, so Chiarelli may want to show others his skills [ showcase] rather than depend upon AHL scouts to "find" him.Difinitely a better insurance policy than Pouliot who doesn't seem willing to go all out to win a spot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Just by taking a look at the situation. It's either Hamill or Pouliot. Unless Hamill pulls a Marchand, and I didn't say that because I'm writing to you, he is the odd man out. He is on a high right now. No matter how much of a failure Pouliot has been in his NHL career, he is still more proven and valuable than Hamill. So then why is Hamill being played over Pouliot? Why?

Maybe Hamill is being played over Pouliot because Hamill is a better player or because they think he'll contribute more? 

Generally, when a team wants to make a trade but the player going out hasn't really proven himself, a team will "showcase" him by playing him with better players in better situations.  Here, we have Hamill called up from the AHL and playing fourth line mintues.  The guy who has left that space open on the roster is playing terribly and deserves to be in the press box.

I don't think they are playing Hamill with fourth line minutes because they want to drive up his value for a trade.    Do you know why?  Because I have never seen Chiarelli do this and there are no indicators pointing to it being the case now.