Happiness is : The BRUINS without Pandolfo and Peverley ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Happiness is : The BRUINS without Pandolfo and Peverley ...

In response to nitch19's comment:

I'll tell you two things that WON'T happen this season:  Wheeler "will get 75 pts." and Spooner will play on the 4th. line.

It is known.

mitch, his Wheeler prediction is one of the very few he makes that I agree with. I posted elsewhere last week that I figure Wheeler will be just shy of 80 points, and that Ladd will crack that threshold. Wheeler's been improving dramatically every year since the Thrashers came to the Peg. He was on pace for 70 points last season if it had been a full schedule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'll tell you two things that WON'T happen this season:  Wheeler "will get 75 pts." and Spooner will play on the 4th. line.

It is known.

mitch, his Wheeler prediction is one of the very few he makes that I agree with. I posted elsewhere last week that I figure Wheeler will be just shy of 80 points, and that Ladd will crack that threshold. Wheeler's been improving dramatically every year since the Thrashers came to the Peg. He was on pace for 70 points last season if it had been a full schedule.

[/QUOTE]

I thought it might happen too.  Until Stanley predicted it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

It is known.

Yeah, maybe red.  I just don't see a soft Wheeler averaging a point a game........but then again, not a ton of pressure in the 'peg.  And, as pointed out, I wanna see what Wheels does when the big lights are on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, maybe red.  I just don't see a soft Wheeler averaging a point a game........but then again, not a ton of pressure in the 'peg.  And, as pointed out, I wanna see what Wheels does when the big lights are on

I don't think you've watched much of him since he's been traded. He's never going to be known as a bruiser, but he's definitely not soft Wheeler anymore. Noel's coached that out of him pretty much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think you've watched much of him since he's been traded. He's never going to be known as a bruiser, but he's definitely not soft Wheeler anymore. Noel's coached that out of him pretty much.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough red........I haven't watched much of Wheeler, outside of Jets-B's games......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In 2011-2012, Peverley had 42 points in 57 games, which would have been about a 60 point season.

When healthy and playing with half-decent players (Ryder/Pouliot vice Bourque/Caron/Daugavins), Peverley is a stud. I don't know where the "soft" accusations come from, either. Peverley also was the only Bruin forward to show up against Washington in the 2012 playoffs.

Since 2008-2009, Peverley has 334 GP and 200 points, which averages about 49 points per year.

Awful. Just awful.

I'll miss Peverley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

In 2011-2012, Peverley had 42 points in 57 games, which would have been about a 60 point season.

When healthy and playing with half-decent players (Ryder/Pouliot vice Bourque/Caron/Daugavins), Peverley is a stud. I don't know where the "soft" accusations come from, either. Peverley also was the only Bruin forward to show up against Washington in the 2012 playoffs.

Since 2008-2009, Peverley has 334 GP and 200 points, which averages about 49 points per year.

Awful. Just awful.

I'll miss Peverley.

Hell of a good penalty killer too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Awful. Just awful.

I'll miss Peverley.

Stud may be a bit of a reach, certainly a very good versatile player. I agree with you, with the linemates, that certainly didnt help his cause.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He was the best player on the Bruins's worst line last year.  Not the fourth line, but the worst line.  He has a lot of tools you need to be a good offensive player, but not a lot of the awareness you need to make something out of very little.  I'll always remember him as a guy who would rag the puck all over the offensive zone, zigging and zagging and losing the puck but beating everyone to it to retrieve it -- then, like a Roomba with a dying battery, skate himself into the corner, turn around, and fling the puck in some random direction and hope he had created the kind of havoc that leaves guys wide open.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yeah right PEV will be missed ...lol lol lol lol lol 

the day PC traded him is probably among my top 10 happiest day of my life as a BRUINS fan...

kiss him good bye the useless sob is gone ....of you like him so much get a Stars jersey with his name in the back ....

by the way red...even Marchand started on the 4th line ...thats CJ's type of move until the player proves him wrong ...so Spooner will probably start on the 4th ...Soderberg on the 3rd ....PEV is so easy to replace the team will be so much better without that flying mosquito....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

I would like to talk to you about taking over the G.M. job in Boston. Call me at 1-800-GET-A-CLUE. It amazes me how little you know about the game of hockey. Your player assessments are nearly as bad as your predictions. Close, but not quite!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Yeah right PEV will be missed ...lol lol lol lol lol 

the day PC traded him is probably among my top 10 happiest day of my life as a BRUINS fan...

^Pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If this thread doesn't get you to put Stanley on ignore, nothing will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

If this thread doesn't get you to put Stanley on ignore, nothing will.

Hangnail why does the truth hurt so much ??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I highly suggest you watch the 2011 playoffs again.  I understand that you have to run down Peverly as a consequence of your ridiculous Wheeler worship, but Peverly was a very good acquisition in 2011.  He was very good during the entire playoff run.  With the thin margin of winning and losing in the playoffs, and three game 7's, you could say that the Bruins might not have won the Cup without Peverly in 2011.

For a 3rd/4th line guy to have 12 points in a playoff run, be +6 overall, and have 2 game-winning goals is very impressive.  The guy you're describing, who "doesn't deserve to wear the bruins jersey" sounds a lot more like Blake Wheeler.  Unless, of course, your personal predictions are more important to you than the team winning a Stanley Cup.  

Real Bruins fans like Cups, and the players who win them.

Pandolfo was a compeltely harmless depth guy, and a good career under his belt.  How people get fired up about the possible shortcomings of a 14th forward is a mystery to /QUOTE]

So true

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

[QUOTE]

I highly suggest you watch the 2011 playoffs again.  I understand that you have to run down Peverly as a consequence of your ridiculous Wheeler worship, but Peverly was a very good acquisition in 2011.  He was very good during the entire playoff run.  With the thin margin of winning and losing in the playoffs, and three game 7's, you could say that the Bruins might not have won the Cup without Peverly in 2011.

For a 3rd/4th line guy to have 12 points in a playoff run, be +6 overall, and have 2 game-winning goals is very impressive.  The guy you're describing, who "doesn't deserve to wear the bruins jersey" sounds a lot more like Blake Wheeler.  Unless, of course, your personal predictions are more important to you than the team winning a Stanley Cup.  

Pandolfo was a compeltely harmless depth guy, and a good career under his belt.  How people get fired up about the possible shortcomings of a 14th forward is a mystery to /QUOTE]

So true

Never look back unless you want to go that way....PEV became a useless player and I am glad that he is gone ...so lets not talk about that flying mosquito anymore and lets look ahead....for our 4 Stanley Cups before 2020

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So true

Never look back unless you want to go that way....PEV became a useless player and I am glad that he is gone ...so lets not talk about that flying mosquito anymore and lets look ahead....for our 4 Stanley Cups before 2020

[/QUOTE]

Well then, don't talk about the past (or start a thread on Peverly) if you're not willing to look back and review the basic facts that make your argument senseless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

All I said is "happiness is "the BRUINS without Pandolfo and PEV "

it feels so great !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020