Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button?

I think that CJ went a little overboard in his line juggling.  If he is going on performance in the games at Washington, he might as well move Chara down with Corvo as well.  I was hoping that he would go back to the original lines.  All of these moves seem wrong to me, but he is a Stanley Cup Winning Coach, so I guess we will have to see.  I think this is a PANIC BUTTON move, when one is not needed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button?

I think this might be a "get them to reset their brains" practice, and the line changes won't be seen in game.  We'll see, I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand's on the 4th line w/Campbell and Thornton in today's practice according to 98.5 The Sports Hub.  Rolston on 1st with Krecji and Lucic.  Bergy, Pouliot and Paille on second.  Kelly, Peverly and Seguin on third.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button?:
    [QUOTE]Marchand's on the 4th line w/Campbell and Thornton in today's practice according to 98.5 The Sports Hub.  Rolston on 1st with Krecji and Lucic.  Bergy, Pouliot and Paille on second.  Kelly, Peverly and Seguin on third.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Wow, now that is being creative.I guess when your top 5 goal scorers haven't scored this is what happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Is it me or have Chara and Bergeron received a free pass, in terms of the blame game.  I see an awful lot of Lucic, Krejci, Seguin, and Marchand.  However, nobody likes to call out Patrice and Z.  I thought Z was HORRIBLE in Washington.  He was lucky to be even in Game 3 even though he had a goal and 2 assists.  If his shot wasn't deflected in by a CAPS d man, Z could have been the goat of game 3, because he was the guy that let Laich behind him for the tying goal.  His Complete and utter brain far on the 1st goal is inexcusable. Patrice has 1 assist and is -1 for the series.  None of the top 6 forwards has played well with the kind of grit that it takes to win playoff games.  Patrice wears a letter and leads by example, well then let's see him get to the net as well.  Show the way.  With all of this juggling, it could get ugly.  But to me, this kind of shake up in lines was for February or March, not the 1st round of the playoffs, now in a best of 3.  Time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If the D and TT continue to allow 2 or less goals per game, the blame lies in the offense.  And not just Bergy, everyone is to blame.  I'll just let the series play out and evaluate after one team has 4 wins in the book.  I am confident though that they will find a way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

"Julien said that there's been a little overreaction from the outside. "It's a 2-2 series, we're not down."

The Outside is overreacting, yet he changed all four lines?  Very Interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]If the D and TT continue to allow 2 or less goals per game, the blame lies in the offense.  And not just Bergy, everyone is to blame.  I'll just let the series play out and evaluate after one team has 4 wins in the book.  I am confident though that they will find a way.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Obviously I am not just blaming Bergeron or Chara.  My point is that fans & media seem to not let their name roll of the tongue quite as easily as they do the others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This doesn't bother me at all, as I am more likely to support the logic that Julien doesn't make adjustments often enough.  Maybe the practice lines are just message-sending, but whatever it is, I like Julien making adjustments and giving some guys a kick in the rear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Anybody else notice that BDC pulled down Fluto's blog post regarding the lines at practice?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button? : Obviously I am not just blaming Bergeron or Chara.  My point is that fans & media seem to not let their name roll of the tongue quite as easily as they do the others.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    And with good reason, the series is tied 2-2, Chara & Bergeron are not the reason the series is tied and they have earned their stripes. When the series is on the line and you can actually point to one of them as the reason the B's lost,then, and only then can you call out these two players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]This doesn't bother me at all, as I am more likely to support the logic that Julien doesn't make adjustments often enough.  Maybe the practice lines are just message-sending, but whatever it is, I like Julien making adjustments and giving some guys a kick in the rear.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that he doesn't make adjustments often enough and I hope some of you are right and that this is just a message sending practice kick in the rear.  Crazy time to change his stripes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody else notice that BDC pulled down Fluto's blog post regarding the lines at practice?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Just saw that,Neely must have went over to Fluto and told him to quit scouting for the Caps.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button? : And with good reason, the series is tied 2-2, Chara & Bergeron are not the reason the series is tied and they have earned their stripes. When the series is on the line and you can actually point to one of them as the reason the B's lost,then, and only then can you call out these two players.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Then why call out Krejci, how about Marchand?  Did they not earn their stripes?  If Chara stayed on his side of the ice last night instead of going for a stroll, not hitting anyone, not playing the puck, and standing there dumb founded, the Bruins most likely would not have gone down 1-0.  The B's lost by 1 goal last night, so one might say that Chara was a big reason why the Bruins lost last night.  Me being one of them.  Most of the team is to blame with their performance, no one gets a free pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The disappearing blog post thing happened before.  I think Fluto added a post-practice edit to it, but then forgot to re-upload it, or change its visibility back, or something like that.

When this happened before, it reappeared (with added text) a few hours later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button? : And with good reason, the series is tied 2-2, Chara & Bergeron are not the reason the series is tied and they have earned their stripes. When the series is on the line and you can actually point to one of them as the reason the B's lost,then, and only then can you call out these two players.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]I agree. Whatever happens with  the lines come Sunday, the B's are 2-2 in part because they are getting very little if anything out of their top 2 lines. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am not sure this is any type of panic move on CJ's part. There is nothing wrong with mixing things up if they are not working. If only Ward would do the same on the PP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has CJ Pressed the Panic Button? : Then why call out Krejci, how about Marchand?  Did they not earn their stripes?  If Chara stayed on his side of the ice last night instead of going for a stroll, not hitting anyone, not playing the puck, and standing there dumb founded, the Bruins most likely would not have gone down 1-0.  The B's lost by 1 goal last night, so one might say that Chara was a big reason why the Bruins lost last night.  Me being one of them.  Most of the team is to blame with their performance, no one gets a free pass.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but being tied 2-2 in a series is not the time to call out your Captain & asst. imo.The reason the B's are tied in the series is not the fault of Chara and Bergeron.The problem is obviously scoring goals, which is why Seguin, who is the B's most dynamic scoring threat is being singled out.Marchand is being singled out because of the incredible playoffs last year,and fans and media want him to repeat it, not so easy to do.