Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic)

Was watching the replay of the fight from the 3rd period, and I gotta say Vandermeer caught Looch right on the chin at the beginning, Lucic was definitely dazed and confused for a minute, and Vandermeer laid off him till he got his head back. At least, that was how it seemed to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6i9eq4I6_M

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic)

In Response to Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic):
    [QUOTE]Was watching the replay of the fight from the 3rd period, and I gotta say Vandermeer caught Looch right on the chin at the beginning, Lucic was definitely dazed and confused for a minute, and Vandermeer laid off him till he got his head back. At least, that was how it seemed to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6i9eq4I6_M
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

He also pinched Lucic in the cheek - just a good joke between old friends.

Bruins continue slick play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Vandermeer is one tough dude. I remember when he was in his first year, not well known yet, and Chris Neil came after him and got his butt handed to him. It was ugly. I will see if I can find it....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic):
    [QUOTE]Vandermeer is one tough dude. I remember when he was in his first year, not well known yet, and Chris Neil came after him and got his butt handed to him. It was ugly. I will see if I can find it....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I was remembering that we had Vandermeer once - but I'm wrong.  He's very tough and that was a heavy battle last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yeah, that dudes a lunatic...how many others players are "happy" to be trading with looch?-this wacko was smiling! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

lucic beat him good still more than the other way around.  Not sure why he not doing anything though for a while in the beginning. 

Lucic has turned from a train to somewhat more of a finesse player as of late. He used to crash anything on site and didn't mind fighting almost every other game. Now he is picking his spots when checking and fights when he gets really annoyed. 

Still a tough player overall and taking punishments in front of the net to get things done. 

Never thought he could score 30 goals and net 30 assists in the nhl (maybe 25 + 25 guy at best) but he is on his way. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Reid Simpson used to do the same thing. He would laugh hysterically while being punched in the nose. Probably in an asylum right now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It was a great scrap! I gave the edge to VM on points!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Vandermeer definitely was the winner, but Lucic was at the end of his shift.  Was it the chin or was he exhausted after skating full tilt for a minute? Both? Vandermeer just came onto the ice from what I read.  Vandermeer gets credit for beating up a top player, having a hard helmut, and playing for a su@ky team.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I've watched the fight 10 times.  Can't figure it out.  Lucic did not get tagged at the beginning, unless his head registers pain after 8 seconds.  As I've said before weird fight.  Entertaining, but real strange at the start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I was thinking that maybe Lucic was looking at Horton who just got smoked by Penner.  Who knows?

It was funny how Vandermeer's smile just got wider and wider every time he got slugged in the mouth.  I can't get over how some of these guys can take a punch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, that dudes a lunatic...how many others players are "happy" to be trading with looch?-this wacko was smiling! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Way before Looch was around -- one player comes immediately to mind -- Matthew Barnaby -- King of the mental pateints. The guy would wave off the refs when they wanted to intervene as he was getting his head beat in -- smiling the entire time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic) : Way before Looch was around -- one player comes immediately to mind -- Matthew Barnaby -- King of the mental pateints. The guy would wave off the refs when they wanted to intervene as he was getting his head beat in -- smiling the entire time.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    While fighting Chara no less.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]lucic beat him good still more than the other way around.  Not sure why he not doing anything though for a while in the beginning.  Lucic has turned from a train to somewhat more of a finesse player as of late. He used to crash anything on site and didn't mind fighting almost every other game. Now he is picking his spots when checking and fights when he gets really annoyed.  Still a tough player overall and taking punishments in front of the net to get things done.  Never thought he could score 30 goals and net 30 assists in the nhl (maybe 25 + 25 guy at best) but he is on his way. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I think maybe Lucic and others around the team may feel that his career path was delayed due to unnecesary injuries. Including one significant injury to his hand from a senseless fight.  I do agree that he has hit less this year then in the past but I doubt that is anyone's intention as much as avoiding meaningless fights.  I think the same can be said for Chara.  I don't blame them if they want to save that style of play for later. I want them hitting full force but I can deal with Thorton, Campbell, McQuaid, Ference and even a slumping Horton taking the risk of a fight before Lucic or Chara.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hats off to Vandermeer (vs Lucic) : I think maybe Lucic and others around the team may feel that his career path was delayed due to unnecesary injuries. Including one significant injury to his hand from a senseless fight.  I do agree that he has hit less this year then in the past but I doubt that is anyone's intention as much as avoiding meaningless fights.  I think the same can be said for Chara.  I don't blame them if they want to save that style of play for later. I want them hitting full force but I can deal with Thorton, Campbell, McQuaid, Ference and even a slumping Horton taking the risk of a fight before Lucic or Chara.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I'm not to concerned, the NHL season is an absolute grind. So if he can get away with not slamming into another huge body, while still being emotionally involved and creating space by just being in the way (Ryder goal) then I can wait until the playoffs to see him truck somebody to get the teams going when fighting is very limited. Plus the scoring 25+ goals ain't to bad either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Vandy is an old school UU-trained pug, who plays a solid, safe defensive game - would love to have him on the Bs. Not too many like him anymore - Dean Chynoweth was solt of this ilk too, although he took many stupid penalties and wasn't as tough.

Ya, seemed Vandy was laughing at Looch the whole time while Looch was giving it everything he had....

Would like to see McGratts help him out with that smile...  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Lucic hurt his hand at the beginning of the fight. He threw three shots that landed on the helmet and didn't want to throw another one that would hit JV's helmet again.

I don't care if he lost it, I just don't want to lose Lucic because of a broken hand in a fight against one of the worst teams in the league in another conference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nrguy...you may be correct, looch didn't start to punch again until vand lost his helmet. i think this has been the issue with looch not fighting as much this year, he seems tentative, and i'm glad for it-rather not lose him to injury. let thorty, campbell and mcquaid answer the bell for the b's, they are more than capable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

i remember paul holmgren use to smile every time he would fight...well that would end for two months after jay miller cleaned is clock in philly one nite .... hard to smile when your jaw is wired!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The fight wasnt WEIRD at all, Lucic DEFINITELY hurt his hand at the beginning.  He threw a couple quick punches and then looked at the ref almost like "Hey, I hurt my hand, can you step in" and when the ref didnt, Lucic was holding his right hand down at his side in a funny position.  A position I know all too well.  Its how you hold your hand when you bust it on someones mellon.  I was yelling at the TV and my wife the whole time "He just broke his f*%king hand!!!!" over and over.  I thought for sure he did.  GLAD he didnt!