Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?

Did anyone have a clue as to what this guy was talking about after the game? Best I understand it, the Bruins aren't invited to the Royal Wedding...and they beat the Canadiens because of the Boston Tea Party.

Or maybe I'm just not getting the metaphors right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7lgL3jm6H8

Really Jack? Really? Whoever produces the Bruins postgame show and let this bonkers rant happen has some splainin' to do.

Loved how Kluzak basically threw him under the bus after it happened, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?

I think Edwards is complete and utter clownshoes but I think that I'm in the minority.

I think he sucks beyond belief and his lines are so random and goofy. His particular broadcasting style is used by a number of announcers across the country and I think it's horrid. To each his own but I really wish someone else was calling the games for NESN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I have no idea what he was talking about. But it was still awesome somehow.

He's done his "revolutionary war" stuff before so Im not too shocked by it, boston as a city is proud of its revolutionary history. The canadiens in a way are the aristocracy of the NHL. Bruins played through all odds especially the horrid reffing in GM6 MTL and still won. He was  just playing it up in some wierdo jack way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

what meds is this guy on?....

i want some....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what can you say, the guy's a history buff! WOW, he does have a very colorful imagination. bit of a reach jack, could have made your point a million other ways, you chose to compare a hockey series with a peoples war against tyranny. his hab-hate level must be on a different level than the common man. he is a LITTLE over the top, but he's OURS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I actually don't mind his play-by-play. When he's on meds, it's a great blend of information, style and enthusiasm (for me). Works well during the regular season especially, when it's tough to get cranked up for Game #31 in Florida.

Obviously everyone has their tastes, but many other home crews are much worse. Listening to the Montreal broadcast, it was amazing how negative they were against their own players. It took me by surprise when that they would call out an individual player or coach so often and easily during the flow of the game.

But the crazies like this Edwards rant are another story. What's Dale Arnold up to these days?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Ahahaha I actually enjoyed the comparison of the monarchy and the randomness with which we even really care about it with the crap that Habs fans spew about their "glorious" past. WAAAAAAY over the top, but its entertainment, folks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, its taken me a WHILE to be OK with Jack (I hated him until last year, havent thought he was OK until the second half of this year).  I think he calls the game great actually.  Better than any other announcers going today.  He stupid sayings (which he HAS cut back on) used to drive me nuts.  It was ALWAYS "handcuffs, explodes, sends it down the river", etc., but he CAN call a game.  He knows the players, tells you whats happening, tells it like it is with the dives, etc.  If I had to listen to the guys on CBC every night Id commit suicide, HONESTLY!  Jack is a little over the top, but its because he LOVES hockey and he LOVES the Bruins.  Pretty much the same things as most of us here.  And the Tea Party, rebel rant on youtube is AWESOME!  I loved it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?:
    [QUOTE]I think Edwards is complete and utter clownshoes but I think that I'm in the minority. I think he sucks beyond belief and his lines are so random and goofy. His particular broadcasting style is used by a number of announcers across the country and I think it's horrid. To each his own but I really wish someone else was calling the games for NESN.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]
    He is bafoon...an embarrassment...an idiot.  Learn about class from Mike Gorman, Dave O'Brien, and Gil Santos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

What's really strange about Jack is that when he does interviews on the radio, he's actually pretty articulate and shows a more "together" knowlege of the game. When he isnt in "crazed announcer" mode, he's good to listen to.

That being said, he needs to turn down the crazy when on air.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In Response to Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?:
    [QUOTE]What's really strange about Jack is that when he does interviews on the radio, he's actually pretty articulate and shows a more "together" knowlege of the game. When he isnt in "crazed announcer" mode, he's good to listen to. That being said, he needs to turn down the crazy when on air.
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

I agree with your post. He does call a good game minus the crazy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I had the CBC feed . I know many Bruin fans were upset on how excited he got when PK Subban tied the game in the 3rd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

my wife went to h.s. with jack, durham, n.h. she said he was the same as know, and she also not surpraised that hes doing play by play anounsing. me i can take or leave him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

In Response to Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone have a clue as to what this guy was talking about after the game? Best I understand it, the Bruins aren't invited to the Royal Wedding...and they beat the Canadiens because of the Boston Tea Party. Or maybe I'm just not getting the metaphors right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7lgL3jm6H8 Really Jack? Really? Whoever produces the Bruins postgame show and let this bonkers rant happen has some splainin' to do. Loved how Kluzak basically threw him under the bus after it happened, too.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I don't mind a homer nor a crazy but I get a little embarassed for the guy when he talks bigger than he is...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgauthier1975. Show mgauthier1975's posts

Listen, everyone knows Jack is 100% certifiably insane. No question about it. He's nuts. He's not for everyone. The other teams hate him and for good reason.

BUT...he clearly knows the game, loves the game and loves his job. He's said this has always been his dream job. I enjoy him and I think we're lucky to have him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

He got great kudos for this  bit on Fan590 in Toronto this morning.. Radio host said too bad we don't have announcers like Jack Edwards up here.. He loved it..

And apparantly he is having an effect on other announcers as well.. Loved his " Get UP" phrase  and if you happened to tune into CBC for game 7 you heard Gary Galley use the same phrase in telling Harmlik to " Get Up!! you got to Get Up!!

Asmaha.. It was a shot at Habs fans and their arrogance and their sense of entitlement through the years as though they were Royalty... Can't argue that! Have said it for many years.. Fight the good fight Jack.. I am with you!! and so are the Bruins!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Legion, I never understood the whole "excitement" issue, but you're right that people have a problem with it. It's not like he's happy about Subban scoring. In the context of the game, the play *is* exciting. It warrants a big call. It would be worse if he swallowed his words on a big play like that and mope....what's the point in that?

Same when Price or whoever makes a big save. A great play is a great play. Might as well call it like it is.

As long as he cuts back on calling marginal plays like it's the second coming. THAT I have issues with. Oh, and all that crazy stuff....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]Ahahaha I actually enjoyed the comparison of the monarchy and the randomness with which we even really care about it with the crap that Habs fans spew about their "glorious" past. WAAAAAAY over the top, but its entertainment, folks.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought it was hilarious.  He certainly is entertaining.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Read this on Barstool already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

In a perfect world CBC would fire that blowhard Healy who lives to criticize.  His voice is getting to be as annoying as Pierre's on TSN.

In this perfect world singular voice of the Bruins is Dave Gaucher with Beers and Brick as side kicks.  Don't mind Jack but he can be a bit much at times and I question is true knowledge of the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]what can you say, the guy's a history buff! WOW, he does have a very colorful imagination. bit of a reach jack, could have made your point a million other ways, you chose to compare a hockey series with a peoples war against tyranny. his hab-hate level must be on a different level than the common man. he is a LITTLE over the top, but he's OURS.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

NO, he's YOUR'S, and definitely not mine, nor is he liked by the majority of fans, at least based upon the fan forums and reader/blog comments I see.  Pathetic drivel.  Take hockey for the great game that it is Jack, and stop trying to interpret it "for us" - most of us know a lot more about hockey than you do.  "Well maybe if I can scare up a reaction or two, it'll sell a couple more tickets...", per orders of the Bruins, who own NESN and thus sign Edwards' paycheck every month.

Love Kluzak, he tells it like it is and seldom spares anyone in the process.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Near as I could tell, this can be summed up as "The Queen's weak low stick-side."

Healy was an absolute joke.  Just a joke.  Didn't have any idea what was going on half the time.  Kept saying Pleckanec shouldn't take draws, then Pleckanec would win it cleanly.  Kept trying to make clever comments about how the Shabs were outplaying the Bruins and that they wanted it more then had to eat his words.  Dear Glen: you were a joke of a back-up goaltender, a worse joke as a leader in the PA, and you are now a total gag fest as an announcer.  CBC needs to get you off the air so you can dedicate yourself full time to Leafs TV.  Regards, Everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Asmaha.. It was a shot at Habs fans and their arrogance and their sense of entitlement through the years as though they were Royalty... Can't argue that! Have said it for many years.. Fight the good fight Jack.. I am with you!! and so are the Bruins!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Well put.  It was NESN's last Bruins game of the season, so it was Jack's annual end of the season address.  He made one last year too, although it wasn't at the end of a thrilling overtime victory against the Bruins' most hated rival, and thereforewas not nearly as memorable.