1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Hello, NESN

they're broadcasting a funeral instead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Its NESN, is it REALLY a surprise?  Theyre a joke and only care about the Sox.  If the Sox hadnt won a game all year theyd still be showing them even if they could show the Bruins.  In years past we've had fan appreciation night NOT shown, in favor of Red Sox pre-season.  I absolutely HATE NESN!!!!  They suck!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hello, NESN:
    [QUOTE]Its NESN, is it REALLY a surprise?  Theyre a joke and only care about the Sox.  If the Sox hadnt won a game all year theyd still be showing them even if they could show the Bruins.  In years past we've had fan appreciation night NOT shown, in favor of Red Sox pre-season.  I absolutely HATE NESN!!!!  They suck!!!
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

The Sox are in a playoff push and people are upset that they're not showing a Bruins practice game.

Imagine if the B's were in a big playoff push and the Sox spring training game pre-empted it.  You'd all have a heart attack.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't believe NESN is showing a silly little game like Red Sox/Yankees while the B's are playing a practice game.

How dare they?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe NESN is showing a silly little game like Red Sox/Yankees while the B's are playing a practice game. How dare they?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Confusion.
    The NESN I saw tonight had the Montreal Grand Prix at 6, then Charlie Moore, then soccer.

I like bike racing, but not many others do.
    I like Euro soccer, don't watch much, but not many others do.
    A fishing show?  With a guy who does a "mad fisherman" shtick?

Look at their lineup outside of baseball, what kind of ratings could those possibly deliver?

TV show I very rarely watch, have to be in a very certain mood for, has to be nothing else on - the Teletubies (seen twice), and Charlie Moore fishing (seen 1.5 times).

Aside all that, there's room for 1000 stations, this is Boston, home of the Bruins - and there's no option to watch the preseason games???

In the meantime they broadcast the Red Sox at practice in preseason???

Granted, baseball has a much bigger audience, but you have to be ultra-harcore to watch that non-game preseason stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, my mistake, I figured NESN was showing the Sox game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

NESN is showing the Red Sox/Yankees...It was not originally scheduled as it is a make up game, so the listing has other shows, but the Sox/Yanks is definetly on..my problem is why cant they show a Bruins pre-season game, especially the year after a Cup? If it coincides with a Sox game, move the B's to NESN Plus which is currently not showing anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

btw the sox havent "pushed" in a while.

or maybe you missed the last month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Personally, I don't like watching the pre-season games.  I have in the past, but the games are garbage and I like the hype of opening night having not watched NHL hockey in months (though it seems a lot shorter this year :) ) I made a point of not watching any last year and I did the same this year. I don't know why any network would show them really, unless they were pulling in huge ratings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Just for the record -- I don't begrudge them the Sox -- I'm talking about NESN Plus if there's a conflict.  But it's not the Sox that keep the pre-season games from going on.

Sorry some of you don't want to watch these games.  I happen to like watching them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i'm sure its a business decision. putting the bruins pre-season game on nesn plus would probably lose them money. just be happy we have a network that plays the vast majority of bruins games

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

if NESN did minimal to zero production and just grabbed the RDS feed, even in French it would do better than all of their crappy re-run shows.  

at minimum bostonbruins.com should stream the game.

good news is that Thursday's game vs. Ottawa is scheduled to be on NESN.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

even if their is a Red Sox conflict, show the game tape delayed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]i'm sure its a business decision. putting the bruins pre-season game on nesn plus would probably lose them money. just be happy we have a network that plays the vast majority of bruins games
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Programming is always a business decision.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello, NESN : Bingo. Programming is always a business decision.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

A business decision?

Let us think and reason together about this business decision.

Let's look at a prefessional bicycle race and check those ratings against Bruins anything in a cup winning year.

Now let's consider this, what choices are really available to the consumer in the New England market for Bruins broadcasts, NESN.  That's it.

So reconsider the 'business decision', is it really a matter of ratings?  Or is it a matter of laziness? Or arrogance?  Or not caring about their customers?

I would gladly pay for an a la carte option for when I want to watch anything being broadcast anywhere, it's technically possible, but it's not going to happen until there is REAL free market competition.  Right now it's fundamentally a monopoly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Besides the fact that the Red Sox are in a tight playoff race with a week to go and that the Bruins are in the pre-season, did you really expect the Bruins to bring all their NESN gear and personalities up to Halifax, NS???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Besides the fact that the Red Sox are in a tight playoff race with a week to go and that the Bruins are in the pre-season, did you really expect the Bruins to bring all their NESN gear and personalities up to Halifax, NS???
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

They've covered Bruins and Red Sox at the same time before.
    I'm sure they have 2 camera crews.
    Besides, they could have used the camera crew that was already covering the game in Halifax.

I don't watch much baseball, but my guess is that they use a different play by play and color commentary than baseball.  Just guessing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'm still waiting for NESN to explain their failure to produce a DVD for the Bruins 2011 championship.

But as for not showing a meaningless pre-season game...I have no problem with that, especially not over what's become a nail-biter of a finish to the Red Sox season.

And given the dreck of Versus or NHL network game-calling play by play ("knifed away! knifed away again! That one was knifed away!!!" and morons doing color who pronounced Lucic ten different ways during a game (and got them all wrong), I am more than happy with jack and Brick and the regular season coverage I get from NESN.

Before you trash 'em, think of the alternatives.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello, NESN : They've covered Bruins and Red Sox at the same time before. I'm sure they have 2 camera crews. Besides, they could have used the camera crew that was already covering the game in Halifax. I don't watch much baseball, but my guess is that they use a different play by play and color commentary than baseball.  Just guessing.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt they COULD have done it.  I'm not sure about what they could or could not have done about the existing camera crew that was there.  I have no idea how much money it would cost them to use their feed.  But I'm sure that they felt that it wasn't profitable enough to them.  98.5 The Sports Hub has been doing a pretty good job broadcasting the pre-season games on the radio.  But I don't believe that even they did the games this weekend (I was away this weekend and didn't get to listen even if they did...so if they did I apologize).  But I'm sure it's for the same reason. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still waiting for NESN to explain their failure to produce a DVD for the Bruins 2011 championship.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I agree.  As a matter of fact....I just watched their "Faith Rewarded" DVD again last week for the first time in YEARS.  And it's fantastic!  I think part of the reason I did was to compare the Official MLB DVD to the NESN one.  And, honestly, I enjoyed NESN's far more.  So, like you, I was hoping for a NESN Bruins one as well.  I wonder if it's because MLB is more likely to allow such a thing than NHL.  I really have no idea.  It just wouldn't surprise me to see the NHL screw something else up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Isn't part of the issue the ownership of NESN by the RED SOX ? I wish they would show more Bruins , but now that Kathryn Tappen has gone to NHL Live you would not have her insight to offset Barry Pederson and Gord Kluzak. Certainly Jack and Brick are worth it, but the extensive transmission and support staff costs may not be in the NESN budget until actual games begin, although there is one pre-season game coming up on NESN. NHL live certainly supports Toronto, but that may be where they are based.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello, NESN : There is no doubt they COULD have done it.  I'm not sure about what they could or could not have done about the existing camera crew that was there.  I have no idea how much money it would cost them to use their feed.  But I'm sure that they felt that it wasn't profitable enough to them.  98.5 The Sports Hub has been doing a pretty good job broadcasting the pre-season games on the radio.  But I don't believe that even they did the games this weekend (I was away this weekend and didn't get to listen even if they did...so if they did I apologize).  But I'm sure it's for the same reason. 
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Profitable?  When you're in a virtual monopoly profitable has a different meaning.

They planted Brick and whatsisname in a studio on Watertown for those first two away games in Europe last year.

Profitable like feeding students at college dining halls, you're "profitable" by giving less because your profits are there because it's not as if you're going to get new customers for that one meal.

And that's what the deal is, cable subscribers either buy the package or they don't and then you either eat what's on the menu or you go hungry.

I know 2 things 100% for sure.
    1) All of these preseason games, rookie games included were being broadcast somewhere, I managed to get at least pieces of each streaming video.
    2) There was no option for me to watch any of those games on my tv.
    3) re: profit margin - there are about 20 public service stations on my Verizon lineup from h.s. football to what's on the lunch menu at the elementary schools to town meetings.  What can the profit margin on those possibly be?    They don't even have advertising on those.

Are you old enough to remember AT&T in the old days?

It's *almost* like that now with cable tv.

You don't have an option to buy the services you want, it's just not there.  Look at what you can get for phone service now, the consumer has real options.

I can get a polo match in South Africa streaming on my computer, there's no one who will put that on cable tv.

O - and it's the same company that provides my internet, cable and phone - so why don't I get the option to watch the internet on my tv?

Yes, you can have a dual monitor on your computer and watch it that way, but the picture is horrible.

I'm being scammed and you are, too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

BadHab.....maybe I should have made it clearer.  I apologize. 

When I said that it wasn't profitable enough....I meant to say that they didn't want to LOSE money.  Because they're certainly not going to MAKE money on pre-season.

You're making my point too about Brick being in Watertown for Prague.  They don't feel that they can make enough money off the B's as opposed their darling Sox Nation and army of pink-hatters.  Didn't Jack have to "pay his own way to Vancouver"???

And it's not just NESN.  WCVB-TV Channel 5 in Boston didn't even send someone to Vancouver for Games 1 & 2 of the SCF!!!!  Mike Lynch was livid.  And I can't blame him either!  That's just absurd!!

But this is preseason.  Even the almighty, pink hat Red Sox don't have all their spring-training games on NESN (if they do...it's a recent change, because they didn't used to).

I believe that if this game was in Montreal, they would have covered it.  But it's all good my friend......Season Opener is right around the corner!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab.....maybe I should have made it clearer.  I apologize.  When I said that it wasn't profitable enough....I meant to say that they didn't want to LOSE money.  Because they're certainly not going to MAKE money on pre-season. You're making my point too about Brick being in Watertown for Prague.  They don't feel that they can make enough money off the B's as opposed their darling Sox Nation and army of pink-hatters.  Didn't Jack have to "pay his own way to Vancouver"??? And it's not just NESN.  WCVB-TV Channel 5 in Boston didn't even send someone to Vancouver for Games 1 & 2 of the SCF!!!!  Mike Lynch was livid.  And I can't blame him either!  That's just absurd!! But this is preseason.  Even the almighty, pink hat Red Sox don't have all their spring-training games on NESN (if they do...it's a recent change, because they didn't used to). I believe that if this game was in Montreal, they would have covered it.  But it's all good my friend......Season Opener is right around the corner!!!!!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I fully accept being the 4th sport behind basketball, football and baseball.
    But I hate being treated like a second class citizen - and have it rubbed in my face.

Not only did they broadcast Red Sox spring training practice, but they also televised them hitting golf balls out of the batting cage seeing who could hit second base.