HELP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

HELP

this friday i leave for family vacation in florida. some how i doubt they will be playing many hockey games- other than bolts. i personally don't own a computer(i do all this while at work!!!), and i have always watched the b's on the center ice package. but, my brothers bring their laptops with them on vacation. is there any way to watch the game online? i hesitate to do this, because the last time i was on vacation during a habs series, i listened to the game on satelite radio- and the b's swept!! just wondering...if anyone can let me know it would be much appreciated. if you do, explain it like you're talking to a 6 yr.old(many of you think i am anyways-), as i am computer dumb. thanks in advance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: HELP

I also have Center Ice ...if your brothers have a labtop you can log in from your labtop ...whats the problem ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the problem is, i've never done it... is there a code - password- ...maybe you didn't catch the part about me being computer stupid. stanley, i've NEVER even sent an e-mail. my only contact with a computer is at work, on 4 different sites-bruins(globe), orioles, dolphins. no joke- if you could provide further help, i would appeciate it- 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm pretty sure (I'm certain I'll be corrected if not) that all of the playoff games will be played nationally on either Versus or NBC so you can only hope that the place you are staying has either of these channels. I just booked a trip to Florida as well and prior to booking my lodging I made sure that Versus was available in my room. The other oprion is to hit up a sports bar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: HELP:
    [QUOTE]I also have Center Ice ...if your brothers have a labtop you can log in from your labtop ...whats the problem ??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

labtop?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, you're out of luck for center ice.  You need to have Versus or hit the booze (my preferred option anyway).  Someone might know of a website where you can get the versus feeed, but they keep getting shut down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thanks everyone... trying to not be a booze hound on a "family vacation", but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! GO B'S

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I have not done this, but I believe you can create an online account in NHL.com to watch the games on the center ice package if you subscribe to the TV package.  Go to NHL.COM when the game starts and click on the game at the top and click "watch"  then follow the instructions to create an account.  If they recognize you as a subscriber you should be able to watch.  Please correct me if I am wrong anybody.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

scooter maybe this is what stanley was referring to. thanks, i'll call my cable company this week to get the low-down- it would be nice to sit on the beach and watch the game- don't mean to rub it in!!!! thanks again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]scooter maybe this is what stanley was referring to. thanks, i'll call my cable company this week to get the low-down- it would be nice to sit on the beach and watch the game- don't mean to rub it in!!!! thanks again
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I'm planning a vacation to L.A. in early May... hope I have the same problem!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The one issue with gamecenterlive (I'm a yearlong subscriber) is that you won't get to watch Versus games on it.  Right now, that means games 1, 2, 4, and 5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im sure VS would belling a live stream

*hahah Belling epic typo of "be selling" I chock that one to replying 1 handed eating a burrito*

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

As far as I am aware, VS did not stream one game this season.  NBC did stream a few.

If you want to watch the VS games on a beach, you will most likely have to rely on a website of dubious legality.

Edit: unless CenterIce gives you access.  That I don't know about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thanks for all the info guys...starting to sound like bellying up to the bar might be the best option- if that's even possible. last resort, satelite radio- ugh. better than nothing. OR... the place i'm staying has VS.- but if i remember correctly, they don't--- much appreciated thanks again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HELP : labtop?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

Slingbox.  Problem solved.  The only things you need are the Slingbox itself (@$180) and a smartphone to use the Slingbox mobile application ($30).  

Maybe you've heard the commericals on the AM sports radio station here in town.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If your brothers have a laptop, go to cbc.ca., and click on the Hockey Night In Canada page. They will be livestreaming all the Bruins-Habs games for free. They also have a better game crew than Vs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thanks red, i'll give it a shot. appreciate your help 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]thanks red, i'll give it a shot. appreciate your help 
    Not to be too much of a wet-blanket, but I am pretty sure the cbc.ca streams are only available to Canadian IP addresses (so you need to be in Canada when you access the internet).  I've taken a couple of shots at getting around that (though I am a total novice at such things) without success.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]If your brothers have a laptop, go to cbc.ca., and click on the Hockey Night In Canada page. They will be livestreaming all the Bruins-Habs games for free. They also have a better game crew than Vs.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

BINGO.  That's the answer.  As long as you can access it in the US.  I know sometimes the reverse is true, something streamed out of the US (The Masters for example) can only be accessed by US based computers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]thanks everyone... trying to not be a booze hound on a "family vacation", but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! GO B'S
    CBC streams the HNIC feed on their web site(cbcsports.ca)They are showing four 1st round series'.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/story/2011/04/10/sp-hnic-playoff-schedule.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Just another reason why it's good to be Canadian and that the Bruins play Montreal! Get to watch ALL games. Now I wish I could hear Jack and Brick instead of the CBC "tools" that will know doubt rant and rave how great Price and Subban are Frown. There are "illegal" sites you could look for but CBC.ca would be your best bet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HELP : BINGO.  That's the answer.  As long as you can access it in the US.  I know sometimes the reverse is true, something streamed out of the US (The Masters for example) can only be accessed by US based computers.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I've been able to get the HNIC stream in West Africa - it would be down right silly if you can't get it in the US too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thanks red, this option seems to be the best option. what the heck were you doing in west africa. that place is downright dangerous. are you a relief/aid worker? anyways- GO BRUINS!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Prepare to discover something silly, then.  It's the way it is for most streamed media - the US actively protects its corporations (think VS, who will be 'loosing' because they have rights to the games that should prevent others like cbc.ca from showing it) while the rest of the world doesn't give a damn.

adk - You are leaving Friday right?  I'd suggest giving all these options a test run tomorrow (well, besides gamecenter live since you'd have to pay for that - though I bet they will have a free trial day at some point).