Hemsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Hemsky

I have to agree. I really like what i've seen rom Kampfer so far. Smooth skater, good with the puck, not afraid to pinch , sees the ice well. If anything i wish he'd shoot a bit more but i think that will come with more confidence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Matt Moulson is alot cheaper he could also help. Why harp on Wheeler I think he works pretty hard out there. His goals will come he should pop atleast 20 and thats not bad production for 2.2 these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Hemsky:
    [QUOTE] If the bruins are going to go deep they are going to have to cash in on thier pps. i think hemsky could be a big boost and they could probably get him for wheeler and the bruins 1st pick. with the emergence of kampfer i would hold off on trading away alot for a puckmoving dman, this kid is really starting to look like the real deal.  
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]
    I  like Hemsky's skill but he makes twice as much as Wheeler.Unfortunately trades aren't as simple anymore.The cash has to fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Hemsky isn't a playoff type guy. I had him in a playoff pool when they went to the Finals, and he wasn't that great. To me, another soft player, and we have enough of them right now. High skill, but doesn't do the dirty work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

what makes you think he or molson is available ?
    I suppose if pc targets teams we know wont make the playoffs he might pry something good away from them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hemsky:
    [QUOTE]Hemsky isn't a playoff type guy. I had him in a playoff pool when they went to the Finals, and he wasn't that great. To me, another soft player, and we have enough of them right now. High skill, but doesn't do the dirty work.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    The trouble is if you find a skill guy that'll do the dirty work,you don't let him go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Kampfer does look promising.....give it time Clod will change that!! ...his motto...if your leading the rush over the red line it had better be for a line change!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is the case with 90% of the trade proposals.  It's why they're awful.

This team doesn't lack skill.  The problem is that they're playing in neutral and overthinking everything they do.  Watch them when they play fast and physical - passes are pretty crisp, guys receive them effectively, snap off quick, hard, relatively accurate shots.  Now watch when they play slow - they fumble passes, they don't complete easy breakouts, they don't get shots to the net.  So much of skilled hockey is instinct and timing, and it seems like they're playing too slow for their timing and instincts to click.  We know this team isn't slow physically - a number of these guys can really move: Seguin sure, but Horton, Bergeron, Wheeler, Marchand, Paille, and even Ryder can keep up.  Lucic is faster than he gets credit for and is a greased bowling ball when he gets up to speed.  Savard isn't the fastest skater, but he does well with fast skaters.  Krejci's no speedster, but he also plays his best hockey when the overall pace is quick.  So - it's the pace of their play that makes them seem slow. Hemsky or 90% of the proposed trade targets would fall into the same dumb pace.

The Bruins need a guy who will a) embarrass them with his work ethic and constant willingness to push the play; b) call guys out on the bench, in the locker room, in practice if they aren't working to his standards; c) fight anyone who tries to take issue with him holding them accountable.  Mike Richards, Corey Perry, Ryan Kessler - none of them is available, but they're the kind of tone-setters the Bruins need.  It probably needs to be someone with some skill - its clear fourth liners calling out their teammates for not showing up has no effect given that Thornton's done it twice now and these guys continue to Derp along.

Actually...love to see Thornton v. Lucic or Thornton v. Horton in practice sometime soon.  That would be ... useful, I think.  As in, you are answerable for your lack of effort.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Bookboy, the best guy the Bruins have a chance to get is named Landeskog.  Unfortunately, we would have to wait until next year.

Your commentary is, however, spot on.  I have never questioned the talent and scheme of this team, but always the source(s) of motivation.  It just seems like on too many night it takes so much for the Bruins to win a game.  It is January and they are still talking about not having everyone aboard.  That is a serious problem, and I don't think anyone is standing up enough to fix it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marchand is better than Hemsky ..give him some power play time and shift him on the 2nd or 3rd line and you will see a difference ....I am a Blake Wheeler's fan as you all know but time to award more ice time to the players that work hard and show up every game ...Marchand should play on the 3rd and Wheeler on the 4th ...more ice time to Seguin (average 11:00 minutes per game this season) Way not enough ...Hall is playing 20minutes a game ...time to do something ...this team needs some sparks ...we have all the talent but we're not agressive enough ..show some tapes of his 1st NHL season to Locch please ...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You could knock me over with a feather right now.  Wheeler could knock me down.  I'm that stunned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sheesh, that'll wake you up this morning.  Hemsky is a world class talent, an awesome skater, and a guy who would probably help on the powerplay.  That said, I have to agree with Bookboy that he really isn't the type of part needed here.  He is very similar to Krejci, except faster.  He is kind of a complacent player who's been on bad Edmonton teams his whole career (save for the one Cup run).  As Bookboy said, the Bruins have plenty of talent, but the need a tone setter type of gets everyone going and wroks his butt off.  hemsky is not that player.

But jeepers Stanley, Marchand and Hemsky have about as much in common as Bruce Boudreau and Ned Flanders...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Mike Richards, Corey Perry, Ryan Kessler - none of them is available, but they're the kind of tone-setters the Bruins need.  It probably needs to be someone with some skill -

BB.. These guys are also leaders on their respective teams, and lead by example , and others follow.. I don't know if they are  vocal guys in the dressing room or not , but my point with the Bruins has always been they lack the offensive grit to physically wear down teams... They have a couple of guys that can do this , but just don't do it consistently enough for my liking...

We can look back last year at the Chicago Black Hawks,  and sure Towes , Keith, Kane, Hossa supplied the finesse, but it was character guys, physical guys with  skill ,  like Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, Eager, Brower.. that put this team over the top.  Bruins don't have these type of players or enough of them... We have now a lot of skilled guys who don't want to pay the price.. This team is not tough enough in my mind , they play soft, and it has shown time and time again this season... and I am not talking fighting tough.. Playing with a tough mindset.. and you need that in the playoffs.. I would like to believe that PC sees that in this year's edition of the Bruins and hopefully rectifies it , or else this playoff run will end like the others previously..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

BB, Fletch & Cowboy? Beautiful stuff;  well freakin said!

Another guy who I think fits into the type BB said? He's not in the same elite status as the ones mentioned, but he's someone who NEVER takes a shift off. Feet always moving, finishes his checks, talks on the bench & communicates on the ice. We saw him last night & that's Mikko Koivu! He doesn't always show up on the scoresheet, but it's his work ethic & intangibles that are so impressive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Love Mikko Koivu -- the most underrated player in the NHL in my opinion.  But, he is the best player on the Wild, another center (which we have too many of), and he's expensive.  I think the Wild are trying to build the team around him too.

So, I couldn't ever see him here, but you're absolutely right that he is a horse and plays hard every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't think the Wild would part with him for Savvy, Wheeler & a pick? The B's get Mikko & a 2nd rounder?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Don't think the Wild would part with him for Savvy, Wheeler & a pick? The B's get Mikko & a 2nd rounder?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I don't think they would.Maybe if it was the Leafs pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of these thoughts are Ok, but, as I look again at where the Bruins are, it is apparent that this team, and the coach, is still in training camp. Too many players moving too often to initiate any chemistry, which could be a major factor in "slow" play as they wait to see what their "new" linemates will do. Even on defense, Claude has too many moving parts. Best example is the way Kamfer and Seidenberg meshed from the start, then CLOD moved Kamfer to Chara and Boychuck to Seids== no chemistry or togetherness. Other blatant issue is Recchi should should be on the 4th line. Not facing up to how Rex's capabilities have regressed is not acceptable in a coach. Although we do not like to be critical, how can these obvious negatives not be published??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't know, but I think he is the type of player everyone likes and they are probably high on him too.  He's not that well-known around the league, but I think he is currently the face of that franchise.  And with Minnesota rebuilding, I doubt they want a guy like Savard.  I think it would take Krejci or Bergeron being in the deal.

More than any of that though, it just seems like there are no good deals out there period.  I think the NHL GM's are in such a period of caution between the salary cap and watching the debacles in New Jersey and Toronto that nobody wants to make a major deal unless it is lopsided in their favor -- and those deals don't exist.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Wild just signed Mikko to a "we're building around you" contract.  He's not moving, short of Minnesota bringing back Doug Riseborough. Nor should he.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand is better than Hemsky .
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

LOL. But yeah, bringing Hemsky here is a bad idea. Why bring such a gifted offensive player into a defensive system?

Exhibit A: Kovalchuk.... it doesn't work out well

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Hekmsy is one of the smoothest, most offensively talented (maybe too talented) players in the entire league.

The patience, speed, puck-handling, and touch he has shown are at a Alexander Semin level (O.k., maybe not that high but pretty damned close)... This guy has been surrounded with horrid players throughout his career, and has developed some bad habits (i.e. holding on to the puck too long and opening himself up to injury and fatigue)

This fact awaits anyone with enough time to actually watch him play.

But then again, I really don't agree with bringing such raw offense into a defensive system. exhibit A: NJD and Kovalchuk. Hemsky is the anti-Claude Julien and we could probably do better without him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I thought Havlat stood out last nite as well. That being said, I've seen Hemsky alot out here and I wouldn't want him on a Bruin team.

As I've said in other posts, this team is frustrating. One game they can skate, then  the next game they stand around. One game they cycle and make great passes and shots on net, then the next they dump the puck in and start to to turn away. If it's not the players then who do you look at ?  And once again, no to Hemsky.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

dezaruchi. to your point, Sydney and Ovie do the dirty work. Probably two of the hardest working dirty work guys out there. BB is right (as usual) that they need a Leader. And Hemsky isn't it.
    They need a Messier, a Pronger, a St Louis, type guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hemsky:[QUOTE]what makes you think he or molson is available ? I suppose if pc targets teams we know wont make the playoffs he might pry something good away from them. Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

They are the only teams non-playoff teams and that well will dry up soon because small market owners right now are sending down the edict "Dump and accumulate draft picks this season is done."

I do not think Chiarelli thinks this team has all the right talent to go past the Eastern Conference finals. As another poster said the money would not fit to add Hemsky right now.