History lesson..........Do you remember Shoebottom, Lazaro, Hoover, Juneau etc...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

History lesson..........Do you remember Shoebottom, Lazaro, Hoover, Juneau etc...

The Bruins used to always bring in mystery players for the playoffs and most of the time they performed well. 

By bringing in Krug , Bart and to some degree Hamilton...it was a good decision....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: History lesson..........Do you remember Shoebottom, Lazaro, Hoover, Juneau etc...

Moe Lemay baby!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: History lesson..........Do you remember Shoebottom, Lazaro, Hoover, Juneau etc...

In response to salsa-kid's comment:

The Bruins used to always bring in mystery players for the playoffs and most of the time they performed well. 

By bringing in Krug , Bart and to some degree Hamilton...it was a good decision....

Shoe was a goon.

Lazaro wasn't a playoff mystery.

Juneau was well known.

Hoover?  WTFFFF?  I remember him as a player, but he wasn't any good...ever.

Krug was supposed to be good.  The B's paid him $1M/yr and put him on the NHL roster just to get him under contract.  He didn't have the fanfare of Justin Schultz, but he was quite a story last year.  Not really a mystery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

If I remember well, Ken Hodge Jr came in just before playoffs....and the dynamic duo of Craig Janney/Bob Joyce..... No ?

I remember Mike Moffat, too !!! (this one is for the oldies !)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

how can you not mention John Byce?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'm still bummed that Evgeny Ryebchakov didn't set the NHL on fire...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I'm still bummed that Evgeny Ryebchakov didn't set the NHL on fire...

Another 1st round drafted goalie who flopped.

The Bruins didn't pay attention to this trend at last year's draft. 

P.S. Oh and a shout out to Providence Bruins fans..............enjoy watching Subban's athleticism next year. He is fun to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

How about Mariusz Czerkawski. Excuse the spelling. But the B's threw him in the lineup with Adam Oates line against the Habs in the playoffs and didnt do too bad....

I liked Dimitri Khartolnov and vlady Ruzicka....the Pirate....LOL Him and his roller blade looking skates.

I did like Brian Smolinski, but he didnt stick with the B's as long as I thought he would.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Steve Heinze and Ted Donato also came back from the the 92' Olympics with Juneau. Not household names in the NHL but they were known by Bruins fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Steve Heinze and Ted Donato also came back from the the 92' Olympics with Juneau. Not household names in the NHL but they were known by Bruins fans.

All 3 brought good energy and let's not forget also Hynes played with Juneau in the Olympics.  He wasnot bad defensively

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Legion sticking up for his fellow Quebecor who played 52 NHL games. The other name that popped out is one of my favorite defensman from the 90s Stephan Quintal. What are you going to do ?... St' Louis had to have him in the Janney-Oates deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I always loved Bob Sweeney and his sh*t eating grin. Also liked Greg Johnson for his work ethic.

Not too sure how I feel about Wade Campbell though. Everytime he was brought up he came with the promise of some prime goonery but it never failed to materialize.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"used to always" ?

What's the history lesson here?  I can recall all of the players mentioned pretty well, but I'm completely unclear as to what the lesson is supposed to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Satan?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Satan?

I meant Miroslav, not Lucifer, btw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I can't remember where I heard or read this or even if it's true but in his first Bruin camp Jeff Lazaro apparently took a run at Cam Neely and pasted him against the boards.  It took a few of the players to hold Neely back from pounding him.  Anyone else ever hear something similar?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

how can you not mention John Byce?

Yea no kidding! Does he hold a record for being the only player to score a goal within 10 seconds of the 1st period twice in the same play-off yr? Game 7 against the Whalers & game 3 against the Oilers. Both in 1990.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I can't remember where I heard or read this or even if it's true but in his first Bruin camp Jeff Lazaro apparently took a run at Cam Neely and pasted him against the boards.  It took a few of the players to hold Neely back from pounding him.  Anyone else ever hear something similar?

I remember Derek Sanderson saying this during a game as well. But, I don't think anyone held Cam back. Sanderson said something about Lazaro learning a hard lesson and missed the remainder of practice getting repaired.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

If I remember well, Ken Hodge Jr came in just before playoffs....and the dynamic duo of Craig Janney/Bob Joyce..... No ?

I remember Mike Moffat, too !!! (this one is for the oldies !)

1982 play-offs he played well. The Nordiques knocked them off in 7 games in the 2nd round. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Nevin Markwart, the human pinball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I remember Derek Sanderson saying this during a game as well. But, I don't think anyone held Cam back. Sanderson said something about Lazaro learning a hard lesson and missed the remainder of practice getting repaired.   

Thanks for correcting the details, nite.  I knew I'd heard something similar. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Drank with shoebottom at a strip club once. Anyways huge head .. Huge like his head was big. Nice guy big head. Wanted him to fight someone so I could take my shoe off and throw it no such lucky. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Drank with shoebottom at a strip club once. Anyways huge head .. Huge like his head was big. Nice guy big head. Wanted him to fight someone so I could take my shoe off and throw it no such lucky. 

Nice story.  Tell us the one about when you had Kessel's junk in your face.

25. This post has been removed.