Horton and Lucic "Injuries" Suspicious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Horton and Lucic "Injuries" Suspicious

In Response to Horton and Lucic "Injuries" Suspicious:
    [QUOTE]I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but the "undisclosed injuries" to Horton and then Lucic are very suspicious to me, considering how much each player has been struggling of late. Seems like Horton has had renewed energy and effort since he came back (so unlucky for him to not get a goal in the Philly game last night).  I'd be interested to see how Lucic responds once he returns. I'm not going to make an assertion one way or the other, but I'm speculating that CJ may have sat these guys down, i.e. - given them a few days off to clear their heads and set themselves straight, while protecting them by labeling their absenses as injury.  If that's what CJ did, I'd be all for it.  You have to light a fire under these guys, and sometimes a break in the daily routine is just what the doctor ordered. Thoughts?
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]
    You don't suppose Horton's renewed energy is simply a result of no longer being hurt?I think actual injuries to Horton and Lucic are more likely than your conspiracy theory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

BsGM24..
    I doubt it..
    Hortons had chances just hasnt finished, he didnt sit ryder last year, why would he sit horton this year..

Lucic's left late in a bunch of games this year, i have a feeling he has some nagging injury or something that will require off season surgery..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont care, but Im glad Locic didnt play in the last 2.  He has been acting like he's  #99 out there lately.  He is trying FAR TOO HARD to be the top scorer on the Bruins, and its shown.  I do think he hurt his shoulder on that hit a couple games ago though.  Horton, Im not sure.  He's not putting up numbers but every game he has 2 or 3 amazing chances that just wont go in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Horton and Lucic "Injuries" Suspicious:
    [QUOTE]I dont care, but Im glad Locic didnt play in the last 2.  He has been acting like he's  #99 out there lately.  He is trying FAR TOO HARD to be the top scorer on the Bruins, and its shown.  I do think he hurt his shoulder on that hit a couple games ago though.  Horton, Im not sure.  He's not putting up numbers but every game he has 2 or 3 amazing chances that just wont go in. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Lucic left the ice in the 3rd against Pitt after he delivered a check and fell to the ice. He left the ice in pain and it did appear to be his shoulder. He seemed quite upset about it so it could be more than just a bruise.We'll see. Horton ? Who knows.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

dezaruchi, easy.  I was just proposing something that was on my mind.  I clearly stated that I wasn't asserting a conspiracy theory.  It is more likely that they were just hurt.  The timing is interesting.  If I was sat down for a game or two but protected by my coach, I think I'd have a fire lit under my butt when I returned to the lineup.

If I were a coach, it's a tactic I would personally employ.  Let your players know their effort needs to change but don't sell them out to the media/fans.

Didn't see the Pitt game (unfortunately!!), so I didn't know Looch left early... too bad.  Hopefully it's something a few days of rest can help him out with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

BsGM
    If I was sitting you down to send a message, I am not going to confuse that by protecting your image.. If your being sat for lousy play, your also being called out for it...

What's the message if its just take a night off and clear your head, I will tell people your hurt...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Horton and Lucic "Injuries" Suspicious:
    [QUOTE]dezaruchi , easy.  I was just proposing something that was on my mind.  I clearly stated that I wasn't asserting a conspiracy theory.  It is more likely that they were just hurt.  The timing is interesting.  If I was sat down for a game or two but protected by my coach, I think I'd have a fire lit under my butt when I returned to the lineup. If I were a coach, it's a tactic I would personally employ.  Let your players know their effort needs to change but don't sell them out to the media/fans. Didn't see the Pitt game (unfortunately!!), so I didn't know Looch left early... too bad.  Hopefully it's something a few days of rest can help him out with.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]
    Speaking of easy,you should mellow yourself.Unfortunately,this is as calm as I can possibly get.I wasn't trying to give you a hard time and apologize if that's how it came off sounding.And you didn't say that you weren't asserting a conspiracy theory.You said that you weren't"one for conspiracy theories"and I happen to be easily confused.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

for whatever reason it was , it was needed.  horton skated like his hair was on fire, hopefully the same happens with looch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The message is exactly that... "take a night or two off and clear your head"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE WAS BORED AT WORK ON AN OFF DAY AND DECIDED TO TRY AND STIR SOMETHING UP. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'm with bigvig on this one. Lucic trying too hard is getting him nowhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Maybe I'm just different in the sense that I would respect my coach not selling me up the river but still sending me a personal message to get my shizz together.  I'd play like my hair was on fire too (like the phrase adkbeesfan)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

GM-
    Then I am fine going to the media with that.. "He been working hard gripping the stick to tight" we wanted him to take a night off and look at it from a different angle..

not a negative message..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

bostondynNASTY, stir something up?  It's just an interesting point...

I brought this up because before these injuries, I was thinking that I would sit them down for a game at seperate times to let them kinda recharge... then it happened...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Its just funny how if its not one thing its another.  if the Bruins were losing our posts would be fire the coach, but now their on a hot streak so we are trying to make something out of nothing.  Lucic was clearly hurt when he left the bench earlier in the week.  let me guess, Ference's injury is made up as well?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

rolerhoky19, great point.  I don't see any problem with that.  But, in doing so, I think there is a lot more pressure on that player to produce upon coming back with a lighter grip on the stick.  But, don't see any problem with doing that either.

I guess I should have opened this thread a bit differently...  I should have asked, "Would anyone sit a 1st line player down for a game or 2 but protect them from the media to send a personal message but not necessarily sell them up the river?"  Longwinded, but that's what I meant haha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dynasty..
    do we blame the system for the bruins scoring 17goals over the past 7 periods??  "its all juliens fault"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

bostondynNASTY, now you're being silly.  This has nothing to do with the B's winning or losing.  This has to do with coaching tactics to get quality players back on track.  Purely speculative.... if it makes you angry/upset, just look for other posts that don't do that or something...

Ference is playing well so there would be no need to give him a game or 2 to clear his head...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

It's not like this thread is about "CJ obviously doesn't care about defense anymore because they let up 5 goals last night"... now that would be absurd and I wouldn't put it past some of the posters I've seen...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Im just saying i feel it would be very unlikely that CJ would just give these "top linesmen" days off on this stretch without it being injury related.  We are talking Philly and Pitt and Looch isn't even skating with the team during practice he is off to the side doing skating drills.  Just seems odd if that was the case

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

That's a good point.  Important home games would not be the right time to employ that tactic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There are no conspiracies only one gunman always. Absolutely no way did his head go back and to the left :sarcasm:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Has anyone here had the this years flu ? Its got around the league also, I have had it, 6 weeks,  admittingly being older and not as good shape an nhl players, but the effects to anyone are awful, imagine trying to play hockey with it. Im not saying thats the problem here but it could be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic and Horton's decline in points are directly related to Savard being their center.