Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

No hard facts here, just a thought that came to mind when it was announced that Horton would miss 4-6 months due to shoulder surgery.  This sounds like a major injury no doubt - is it possible the B's medical staff "forced" him to play with an injury that he really shouldn't have, and possibly he didn't want to?  Factor in that he walked out the door without saying much leads me to believe the injury and how it was handled had something to do with him leaving.  Possible??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

In response to hangnail's comment:

No hard facts here, just a thought that came to mind when it was announced that Horton would miss 4-6 months due to shoulder surgery.  This sounds like a major injury no doubt - is it possible the B's medical staff "forced" him to play with an injury that he really shouldn't have, and possibly he didn't want to?  Factor in that he walked out the door without saying much leads me to believe the injury and how it was handled had something to do with him leaving.  Possible??

Um. If he doesnt play he doesnt cash in.  Him sitting out the last part of the season combined with his extra soft game this year was to preserve for playoffs where he could put on display what he can play like.  

i wont miss him.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

hang...I don't think so...first off he had to want to play despite the injury to enhance his chances of getting the contract he got. Plus, he was quoted as saying he wanted to return to Boston during the postgame interview after game 6 but then immediately afterwards came out that he was ready to leave and not resign with Boston.

I think the guy just did what he wanted, go play in a less intense market where he could focus on family...why not, he still gets his payday and has a Stanley Cup ring to go with it.

Good luck Nathan, it probably was a good thing for the B's that you decided to move on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

what this seems like to me is a wife that didn't like a city. She liked Florida. She didn't like getting recognized everywhere in boston. 

I can't think of a single hockey player that wouldn't do anything to play in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"is it possible the B's medical staff "forced" him to play with an injury that he really shouldn't have, and possibly he didn't want to"

The medical staff can clear a player but the player can still tell his coach "I can't go". I don't get the impression that Horton would sit out if he could play. I also don't think he played hurt for his contract, Nathan just doesn't seem like the type.

I don't think the Bruins medical staff knew Bergeron had a pucntured lung, he may have concealed it. I remember Julien asking Beregeron every once in a while, during the game in Chicago, if he was good to go. Patrice declined a few times, we found out later how bad the injury was.

Columbus was going to go after Horton no matter what, I also think PC had a limit to what he could offer Horton becuase of other contract extensions over the next few years and Nathan's recent injuries. John Davidson was aware that Nathan was due for surgery and still signed him. PC couldn't afford that especially while he had already begun speaking to Dallas for a month.

It's all in the rear view mirror now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Doesn't follow a logical path.

"Nathan, you WILL play or..."

Or what?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

PC:  "Nathan, you have to play, I don't care how bad your shoulder is.  We'll shoot it upwith cortisone.  Have you watched Seguin lately?  He stinks.  And Jagr is slower than ST on a bad day.  Peverly can't throw a brick in the ocean.  We need you out there."

NH: "Well, I haven't been able to sleep in a week, and I can't even put my jersey on by myself. I can barely move at times."

PC: "Suck it up and be a pro.  Look at Bergy over there."

NH: "Are there any nice houses in Columbus?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nah.  The surgery he had requires a long recovery because the shoulder is a badly designed bit of machinery that doesn't get enough blood flow and has a lot of working parts needed to stabilize it and keep it working properly.  Mostly likely, playing with the injury he had didn't risk making it worse, and the pain is more like a deep ache.  Keep it stable, and playing isn't a huge problem.  Any hockey player worth his contract is going to want to gut it out through this injury.  So if his leaving was in any way a result of him feeling pressured to play with the injury, maybe we as Bruins fans won't miss him much?

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I loved Horton as a Bruin in the play-offs. In todays NHL there's no way a player is forced to play thru injuries. This isn't the 50's anymore where a player had to play thru a concussion or back injuries or lose his job. Too many laws in place to have that happen. The guy probably just wanted a 5-7yr deal & knew that he wasn't going to get that in Boston. You're only a UFA probably once in your career where you have lots of options & get long term deals. He picked one that he wanted. I don't think it had anything to do with being upset at Bruin management. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

what this seems like to me is a wife that didn't like a city. She liked Florida. She didn't like getting recognized everywhere in boston. 

I can't think of a single hockey player that wouldn't do anything to play in the playoffs.

if this were anywhere true then Horton is a stupid sucker. Basically tell your wife who most probably does nothing all day ( going to hairdresser and gym does not apply) to follow wherever he sees fit. These wives have it so good they have no right to complain. I do doubt that is the reason at least I hope not.

[/QUOTE]

You sound like someone who couldn't get skin in a bucket of chicken. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Couldn't help thinking about Ted Johnson and what he's gone through.  To think coaches and GM's don't pressure players into playing when they shouldn't is naive IMO.

Johnson said his problems started after a concussion in a 2002 game, when he got his "bell rung," he said. Four days later he was back at practice and he was concussed again. In a 2007 newspaper article, Johnson said coach Bill Belichick pressured him to return before he was ready.

"It's as clear as a bell, 'I had to see if you could play,'" Johnson recalled Belichick saying, according to The New York Times.

"I was put in a position where I felt compelled to play against doctors' orders, so I did," Johnson said Friday, adding later that he held no grudge against Belichick, the Patriots or the NFL.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Couldn't help thinking about Ted Johnson and what he's gone through.  To think coaches and GM's don't pressure players into playing when they shouldn't is naive IMO.

Johnson said his problems started after a concussion in a 2002 game, when he got his "bell rung," he said. Four days later he was back at practice and he was concussed again. In a 2007 newspaper article, Johnson said coach Bill Belichick pressured him to return before he was ready.

"It's as clear as a bell, 'I had to see if you could play,'" Johnson recalled Belichick saying, according to The New York Times.

"I was put in a position where I felt compelled to play against doctors' orders, so I did," Johnson said Friday, adding later that he held no grudge against Belichick, the Patriots or the NFL.

Hang, if anything I think it was Horton who wanted to play no matter what. He played himself into a huge payday that I think he wouldn't have come close to had he decided to shut it down. The pain was worth the payday I think. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

if this were anywhere true then Horton is a stupid sucker. Basically tell your wife who most probably does nothing all day ( going to hairdresser and gym does not apply) to follow wherever he sees fit. These wives have it so good they have no right to complain. I do doubt that is the reason at least I hope not.

You sound like someone who couldn't get skin in a bucket of chicken. 

how did you arrive  to this. Explain?

It's clear from your post that you have little respect for the role of wife and mother hence, it's not a stretch for me to assume it would cost you money to have someone else in the room when you're having sex. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

what this seems like to me is a wife that didn't like a city. She liked Florida.

Which part of Florida is Columbus in ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chow now ur going too far! 

[/QUOTE]

As you did here. Titt for tat........ for the caveman thinker.

if this were anywhere true then Horton is a stupid sucker. Basically tell your wife who most probably does nothing all day ( going to hairdresser and gym does not apply) to follow wherever he sees fit. These wives have it so good they have no right to complain. I do doubt that is the reason at least I hope not

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeyfan123. Show Hockeyfan123's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Chow now ur going too far! 

As you did here. Titt for tat........ for the caveman thinker.

if this were anywhere true then Horton is a stupid sucker. Basically tell your wife who most probably does nothing all day ( going to hairdresser and gym does not apply) to follow wherever he sees fit. These wives have it so good they have no right to complain. I do doubt that is the reason at least I hope not

[/QUOTE]

Chow u are a silly kid who doesnt no anything about women... Take it from a phlyers fan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been by yourself with a house full of a kids while your spouse is away for 1 or two weeks on a roadtrip?

I have my four kids while my wife is at work for eight hours on my day off. Not easy. Sometimes I work 16 hour days while my wife is home with the kids. Again, not easy.

Can't imagine whats it like while they are on the road.