Horton going to be suspended for game 7????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from young-weezy. Show young-weezy's posts

Horton going to be suspended for game 7????

Interesting video caught by a fan of who is apparently Horton supposedly spraying a fan with a water bottle. Interesting to note Torterella was suspended 1 game for spraying a fan and tossing a bottle and it hitting a fan. Thoughts??

Video can be found here:
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Boston-8217-s-Horton-throws-water-bottle-into-s?urn=nhl-wp5771

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Horton going to be suspended for game 7????

No way he gets suspended....Itw water...cant hurt anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yeesh. Red handed on that one. Hate to think it, but there is precedence with Torts. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and it gets ignored by the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Id give the duress excuse. I can only be pelted in the face by so many noise makers before somebody gets a nice shot of ice water to the dome piece.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

would be an absolute travesty to suspend him for a deciding game 7 over that. Think the Boston Tea Party was a revolt? Wait and see what happens if the league keeps Horton away from game 7 over a water bottle spritz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I wouldn't surprised one bit. 
    They've also done it to a Vancouver player a few years back. Just that it was a more serious offense towards the fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I doubt the league gives this incident the time of day. It's clear somebody threw a noise maker at either Krejic or Horton's head and the water bottle squirt was retaliatory. If they penalized Horton for spraying the fan, Tampa as a team should be penalized for pelting the entire Boston team with noise makers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There is also a precedence for penalizing the home team for the fans throwing stuff on the ice, and particularly at opposing players.

So, if Horton's actions can be carried forward to Game 7, so should the penalty on the fans.  Bruins should start the game with a powerplay (I know, I know...doesn't help much).

Or, call it a wash, and let the teams decide who wins, which is what they should do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

it was raining whatever on the ice.

class move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If Tortorella was suspended for spraying and throwing the water bottle, my guess is that it was justified by throwing action.  I doubt any player or coach would be suspended even in the regular season just for spraying water at the fan.

Apples to Oranges IMO.

Updated

Sorry I thought I had read he only squirted, I thought he didn't actually throw the bottle.  Still, my guess is that due to the 'duress' or whatever, if they assess a suspension, it would have to be enforced next year in the regular season.  Is there any precedent for that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Something tells me it's going to be "reviewed".  Hope not. 

But the Versus cameras also caught David Krejci getting hit on the face several times with those dumb toys they gave away. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Maybe the nhl should have a new rule. Something to this affect: IF the team gives fans toys or anything that can be thrown unto the ice against the other team, they should be fined $500,000 or even penalized for those actions. If players need to be held for their actions so should the team be held for those moron fans. Yes it goes to Boston fans too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Horton going to be suspended for game 7????:
    [QUOTE]If Tortorella was suspended for spraying and throwing the water bottle, my guess is that it was justified by throwing action.  I doubt any player or coach would be suspended even in the regular season just for spraying water at the fan. Apples to Oranges IMO.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Water is "ignorable" if that's a word. Throwing the bottle, which he did, might be reviewed. It's all silly in my book as well, don't get me wrong. It's just I don't put anything past the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

That same page now has an update at the bottom:

UPDATE: St. Pete Times writer Damien Cristodero reports "neither Boston's Nathan Horton nor the Lightning will face league discipline for water bottle/rally drum incident, NHL's Bill Daly says." Oh, to be inside John Tortorella's head on this one ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Something tells me it's going to be "reviewed".  Hope not.  But the Versus cameras also caught David Krejci getting hit on the face several times with those dumb toys they gave away. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Exactly right and frankly, Tampa Bay should be punished (if Horton is) for handing those things out.  How stupid are the hockey people down there?  When I buy a bottle of water at a game they open it and take away the cap, so people can't throw the bottles at the players.  But in Tampa, they hand out plastic toys and their security stands there and watches while the fans hurl them at the heads of the opposing team.  It's embarassing for the NHL and I would be really interested in how you blame the players for reacting to it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

i'm glad to read that horton is not going to be suspended. the people with tickets (they aren't fans) were out of line, and a complete embarrassment. i hope they don't return next season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton going to be suspended for game 7???? : Exactly right and frankly, Tampa Bay should be punished (if Horton is) for handing those things out.  How stupid are the hockey people down there?  When I buy a bottle of water at a game they open it and take away the cap, so people can't throw the bottles at the players.  But in Tampa, they hand out plastic toys and their security stands there and watches while the fans hurl them at the heads of the opposing team.  It's embarassing for the NHL and I would be really interested in how you blame the players for reacting to it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

i know this was discussed on another thread but i really want to reiterate that other than the occasional hat trick, nothing has ever been thrown on the ice like that before. if you read some of the tampa boards, people are speaking out against the actions of those responsible. except for the jerks, no one wants to be associated with that display of moronic celebration. 
    maybe  some of you are right, they don't know what they are celebrating. hopefully they'll learn something about the game before buying another ticket. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I think the TBay fan was asing when shuffleboard starts. Nate gave him some water for his Metamucil.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Tryed to watch the link on this dinosour work computer but it messed up before i saw it. Did horton simply quirk so water or all out chuck the bottle at the fan?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Bunch of red neck hillbillies... It's an NHL game, not a flipping Monster Truck rally.  Stay classy Tampa.  Shine up the trailer and get ready for your final game of the season tomorrow night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Wish I didn't look at that video.....my blood had just stopped boiling
                       from last night.......ok.....no need to pick that s$%t up.....oh! and 
                       you can melt the ice too!!!!!!!   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Sorry about the typo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

makes me long for mike milbury and a shoe, oh the good ole' days

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

[QUOTE]Tryed to watch the link on this dinosour work computer but it messed up before i saw it. Did horton simply quirk so water or all out chuck the bottle at the fan?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Squirted and then threw the bottle (about 2-3 feet).. the guy had it hit his upper thigh I think. It the first fan on the lowest level right against where they were walking down the tunnel. Honestly... the guy looked like a drunk punk. 

One of the guys that works for the Bruins was trying to get the water bottle back and eventually did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Not good if he threw it at the fan yikes little worried now