Horton Improvement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Horton Improvement?

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Horton-coming-along-from-concussion-symp?blockID=712236&feedID=10944

Let's hope Horton can make a comeback like Bergeron. Losing Savard this way was bad enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Horton Improvement?

I hope so! The Bruins are simply a much better team with him playing. What he brings, they lack elsewhere. It was painfully obvious in the year before they traded for him and after he was injured this year. The mojo was gone.

In Response to Horton Improvement?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Horton-coming-along-from-concussion-symp?blockID=712236&feedID=10944 Let's hope Horton can make a comeback like Bergeron. Losing Savard this way was bad enough.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Horton Improvement?:
    [QUOTE]I hope so! The Bruins are simply a much better team with him playing. What he brings, they lack elsewhere. It was painfully obvious in the year before they traded for him and after he was injured this year. The mojo was gone. In Response to Horton Improvement? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely. Even when he wasn't scoring, Horton's big body was making room for his linemates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Def a huge miss in playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

First McQuaid, now Horton.  This is brilliant news for them and the team.  If only the word, any word was as encouraging about Savard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton Improvement? : I agree completely. Even when he wasn't scoring, Horton's big body was making room for his linemates.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

When Horton is in the line-up all the lines are intact, thats a biggy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

This will solve one problem come UFA time having a RW back. It will take a while for him to get his mojo back and game strenght. Hopefully he will be ready for spring training to get the rust out. With a healthy Horton we won't need to go out and spend too much in UFA market. PC and Company can work a contract with Kelly before July 1st.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Keith Primeau still has PCS long after he's retired.  He was on TSN a while back and I guess he still has bad days.  I think Savard will be living the same life - never fully recovered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good news and a definite impact on the Bruins plans for next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Three more full months of rest and recovery is not encouraging.  I'd rather of heard he's started training for the fall.  I wonder how much, if any, physical activity he's getting in?  It may be a while before he is effective on the ice.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dez, Bergeron went well into the 08'-09' season before he had that collision with Siedenberg then came back. Patrice was out a whole season before he came back of 08'-09' season.

If Horton can go at least till late winter until he absorbs a late hit or a collision then I think he will be ok. Then again Bergeron and Horton have different genetics so who knows. Patrice was ok after the Siedenberg and Giroux hits. Rinaldo didn't touch Nathan's head and the end result sucked.

One thing is for sure is that there is no concrete timetable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'll start by saying I'M NOT A DOCTOR. but it seems coming back too soon after a "big one" is seriously detrimental. patrice took a full year off before coming back. he took a hit(seidenburg), and was able to recover. savard and horton try to come back as soon as possible (few months), and their next "not so big one" might end their career.  i hope horton is not going down the road savard is on. if you lose consciousness, and are severely concussed, one calendar year until you return should be the new rule of thumb. what's sad is, i don't think the doctors know much more than we do when it comes to prevention and treatment of head injuries.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Got to start a thread on who on the team makes the management seek a trade.  Cause if it is the Bs, then it is the health of Horton.  Otherwise all the banter of trade is just folly. Hope he can make it back!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When it comes to concussions, everything I've seen and read says recovery is "unpredictable" which makes all the speculative posts kinda funny IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]When it comes to concussions, everything I've seen and read says recovery is "unpredictable" which makes all the speculative posts kinda funny IMO.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

And also different for every sufferer. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Horton's presence elevates both Lucic and Krecji's games.  He is so very valuable to the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]First McQuaid, now Horton.  This is brilliant news for them and the team.  If only the word, any word was as encouraging about Savard.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO, what's the word on McQuaid - I haven't been able to find anything?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'd prefer it if Horton is at full strength (both with his brain AND his legs) for a few months before they bring him back. If he's skating full-tilt in practice starting in October, I'd wait until at least January. This team is good enough to hold down the fort until then. As much as I think he's an awesome player AND teammate, he needs to be given extra rest to ensure that he is absolutely 100% ready. I really don't want to see an other Savard case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Since his second bout with symptoms was way worse than expected, I would be very cautious with him. The second hit was pretty minor, a jarring collision that many people encounter in everyday life. That makes me think the first was way worse than everyone (including Horton) thought, and that he wasn't fully recovered even though he was back playing. I would wait until he's fully cleared (which of course could be this summer), then wait some more on top of that before dressing him. In the mean time I really hope the Bruins sign or trade for an above-average wing (fingers crossed for Jagr) who can fill in with some skill, and then drop down to the third line and provide high-end depth scoring. Boston has some short-term cap space, that's my preferred way to use it.