horton worth the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from servedupfresh. Show servedupfresh's posts

horton worth the money

I have been reading this forum for awhile and I am an expressed bruins enthusiast so I thought that I would chip in with my two cents. I think that Horton is a really good player and I think that he is worth the money (the money of course being relative talk for value in this cap related world). I think he makes some really tremendous plays with the puck but I think where he is not fully recognized is without the puck. He is very defensively responsible and he also has a niche for the big hit and a fight at the right time. These qualities go unseen sometimes and the spotlight is often put on his scoring drought. He has shown up at the right time and i am very happy that we have someone like him on this team. The offensive focus this season has been on looch but if you look at his game there is an absence in his skating ability and you can always see when he is outmatched by others athletic ability. I think that looch has been tremendously coached and that his hockey IQ is showing strongly this season, but as far as pure ability and hockey acumen Horton has really taken the cake and I just wanted to give a mention to this because I think that he has been a little undervalued in our very analytical spectrum. I also would like to say that this is indeed my first post as you can see from my social stat sheet on the side so please understand that I am not fully attuned to the décor and variety of character in this forum, anyways we must all get on so I hope someone finds this and agrees with Horton’s importance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from servedupfresh. Show servedupfresh's posts

Re: horton worth the money

I have been reading this forum for awhile and I am an expressed bruins enthusiast so I thought that I would chip in with my two cents. I think that Horton is a really good player and I think that he is worth the money (the money of course being relative talk for value in this cap related world). I think he makes some really tremendous plays with the puck but I think where he is not fully recognized is without the puck. He is very defensively responsible and he also has a niche for the big hit and a fight at the right time. These qualities go unseen sometimes and the spotlight is often put on his scoring drought. He has shown up at the right time and i am very happy that we have someone like him on this team. The offensive focus this season has been on looch but if you look at his game there is an absence in his skating ability and you can always see when he is outmatched by others athletic ability. I think that looch has been tremendously coached and that his hockey IQ is showing strongly this season, but as far as pure ability and hockey acumen Horton has really taken the cake and I just wanted to give a mention to this because I think that he has been a little undervalued in our very analytical spectrum. I also would like to say that this is indeed my first post as you can see from my social stat sheet on the side so please understand that I am not fully attuned to the décor and variety of character in this forum, anyways we must all get on so I hope someone finds this and agrees with Horton’s importance.

sorry i just realized that that font was wakka do wakka do. hope this is a little more readable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: horton worth the money:
    [QUOTE]I have been reading this forum for awhile and I am an expressed bruins enthusiast so I thought that I would chip in with my two cents. I think that Horton is a really good player and I think that he is worth the money (the money of course being relative talk for value in this cap related world). I think he makes some really tremendous plays with the puck but I think where he is not fully recognized is without the puck. He is very defensively responsible and he also has a niche for the big hit and a fight at the right time. These qualities go unseen sometimes and the spotlight is often put on his scoring drought. He has shown up at the right time and i am very happy that we have someone like him on this team. The offensive focus this season has been on looch but if you look at his game there is an absence in his skating ability and you can always see when he is outmatched by others athletic ability. I think that looch has been tremendously coached and that his hockey IQ is showing strongly this season, but as far as pure ability and hockey acumen Horton has really taken the cake and I just wanted to give a mention to this because I think that he has been a little undervalued in our very analytical spectrum. I also would like to say that this is indeed my first post as you can see from my social stat sheet on the side so please understand that I am not fully attuned to the décor and variety of character in this forum, anyways we must all get on so I hope someone finds this and agrees with Horton’s importance. sorry i just realized that that font was wakka do wakka do. hope this is a little more readable. 
    Posted by servedupfresh[/QUOTE]
    I've been echoing your sentiments regarding Horton for awhile now.It's a product of today's cap-driven NHL that everybody be judged solely in relation to cap-hit and I say,even with that criteria,Horton has earned his dollars.He and Lucic are an angry tandem that will be a handful for any D pair to handle.Obviously I would've liked to see him score all year but I see Horton as peaking at the right time.Bring on the playoffs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

\Still too hard to read, try spacing.

Yes H is worth the money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I've always liked Horton - he wants to win now after being with the Panthers all his career

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I was one of the few Horton supporters on here.  Ill go back to my last post about him.  Ever since the kid starting playing pissed and throwing the body and fists he has been a new player.  He and Lucic feed off of eachother and they get eachother more space on the ice because of their physical play.  Can we say BASHBROTHERS?  I cant wait to see Horts intensity in the playoffs.  His hands look great right now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

AGREED!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Completely agree, now he's playing with some snarl and an edge - he's dangerous and he and Lucic make great bookends for Krejci's playmaking!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes he is worth the 4 mill. He should be excited to finally be in the playoffs so expect a good post-season from him as well..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Since everyone agrees that Horton has been worth the money despite his midseason scoring slump, I'd like to throw another Horton related idea out there.  I believe that the chemistry between him and Lucic is as good as any two Bruin wingers I can think of in recent memory.  I think it is more important then either's chemistry with Krejci.  I note that because in my mind that is an uncommon situation IMO.  They have been making these short passes to one another, which we have been emphasizing recently, all season long.  Other then in Horton's scoring drought, there is absolutely no sesne of selfishness.  Even in Horton's scoring drought I think his more selfish play was somehow in an effort to break the streak and return to form, not something I will beat him up about.

Earlier in the season I wanted to separate the power forwards in order to give Bergie one to work with, but right now these guys are just awesome, throw in Krejci and we have a bona fide first line, also something I did not believe the B's would have this year when the season started.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Since everyone agrees that Horton has been worth the money despite his midseason scoring slump, I'd like to throw another Horton related idea out there.  I believe that the chemistry between him and Lucic is as good as any two Bruin wingers I can think of in recent memory.  I think it is more important then either's chemistry with Krejci.  I note that because in my mind that is an uncommon situation IMO.  They have been making these short passes to one another, which we have been emphasizing recently, all season long.  Other then in Horton's scoring drought, there is absolutely no sesne of selfishness.  Even in Horton's scoring drought I think his more selfish play was somehow in an effort to break the streak and return to form, not something I will beat him up about. Earlier in the season I wanted to separate the power forwards in order to give Bergie one to work with, but right now these guys are just awesome, throw in Krejci and we have a bona fide first line, also something I did not believe the B's would have this year when the season started.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    There is no denying the chemistry between Horton and Lucic. Thornton always makes fun of them when asked about it. He says they're a couple and cannot be separated.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I take him over Ryder every day of the week...twice on Sunday

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Been saying it all year long ..this guy is a money player ...wait till the playoffs start you'll see the best of him

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Horton is definately one of the best on the Bruins at applying back pressure. He is already in playoff mode I think he has 11 goals and 9 assists in his last 20 games. He and Lucic are a perfect match and have also became very close friends, I think one of the main reasons that Looch is having such a great season is the Horton addition. these 2 players bring out the best in each other and add the magic of David Krejci to the mix and you have a very dangerous line. I find once the get in your end and cycle they are very hard to get the puck from. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4RB4o3WjA

hope these 2 stay disciplined but play nasty, I like to call them the Bruise Brothers. Horton wants to win and in the dressing right now I think anything less than the Stanley Cup is a failure. Recchi likes Cup chances he will lead the way he knows what it takes and will motivate these guys. When Rex plays nasty the team follows suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfD2eafbz9Q

Cheers Bruins fans! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Horton is definately one of the best on the Bruins at applying back pressure. He is already in playoff mode I think he has 11 goals and 9 assists in his last 20 games. He and Lucic are a perfect match and have also became very close friends, I think one of the main reasons that Looch is having such a great season is the Horton addition. these 2 players bring out the best in each other and add the magic of David Krejci to the mix and you have a very dangerous line. I find once the get in your end and cycle they are very hard to get the puck from.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4RB4o3WjA hope these 2 stay disciplined but play nasty, I like to call them the Bruise Brothers. Horton wants to win and in the dressing right now I think anything less than the Stanley Cup is a failure. Recchi likes Cup chances he will lead the way he knows what it takes and will motivate these guys. When Rex plays nasty the team follows suit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfD2eafbz9Q Cheers Bruins fans! 
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    The Horton goal on Price is a thing of beauty and has snipe written all over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't remember all this love for him 2 months ago.
    I see big goals in his future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember all this love for him 2 months ago. I see big goals in his future.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    It's funny how that works isn't it? I said he was just having bad luck hitting post after post. Another problem for him is he goes top shelf (which is great) so a lot were ending up wide. Now he is just burying them again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Even in his slump he played hard. He has a winning attitude that will prevail in the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Chemistry abounds right now.  The success of the 1st line breeds success for and gains from the efforts of the 3rd line.  I know they haven't scored, but Peverly, Kelly, and Seguin have had great puck possession and some serious chances - their speed is a great contrast to the 1st line's approach and must give defenses fits to, literally, shift gears.  Bergeron, Recchi, and Marchand add in their style of offensive threat and there's another line to contend with, while Campbell keeps the 4th line involved and contributing.  And ... each line is defensively responsible.  Dare I say that it all seems to be coming together at a very good time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from erm10. Show erm10's posts

Hey - if Thornton's nickname is Thorny, doesn't Horton's have to be ....

(T)horney...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from servedupfresh. Show servedupfresh's posts

yeah everything does seem to be coming together quite nicely this time of year. what really impressed me last night was the 3rd line. im with you huscroft i think their puck possession game will pay off, the only concern with that line is that it doe rely on a 19 year old rookie. he has done really well and last night he made some plays where you could see his potential is coming quickly. i particularly remember when a hawks defender was squeezing him behind the goal he positioned himself to protect the puck, surveyed his options, and dished out. the pass was a laser from a very unorthodox position. but once again i get a little worried that this line's keystone is a 19 year old rookie, but we will see. this line does give the team a lot of speed and two way play with kelley and peverly, their work ethic makes the wheeler trade more and more likable.

also i just wanted to mention krejci. he has been an enigma ever since 08-09. we all thought that he had finally arrived and was flashing some adam oats like skill, but since the playoffs that year coupled with the injury he has been tremendously inconsistent. this year looks very weird on the stat sheet (12-48-60) he has shown flash and some really nice passes but it hasn't been all there, he needs to shoot more to ween defenders off who automatically think hes going to dish the puck, and that will also open more space for lucic and horton. i do agree with previous posters that this line is more focused on Horton-Lucic which leads me to believe that in the future krejci might be more expendable then we thought, i think the playoffs will be really important for krejci this year, i hope he does well. he seems like a likable guy and someone anyone would want to root for on their hometeam.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember all this love for him 2 months ago. I see big goals in his future.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

During the slump, I repeated over and over, he is shooting too much and the goalie knew what he was coming.  It was no surprise to me that his breakout started with a 4 assist game in which I think he scored.  I have repeated it here for consistency.  The guy isn't perfect, but in answer to this post 'Horton worth the money' I think the answer is obvious.  I also don't think this post happens if he didn't have the slump.  Is anyone going to question a 30 goal scorer at 4 mil which he would have been not for the slump?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: horton worth the money : During the slump, I repeated over and over, he is shooting too much and the goalie knew what he was coming.  It was no surprise to me that his breakout started with a 4 assist game in which I think he scored.  I have repeated it here for consistency.  The guy isn't perfect, but in answer to this post 'Horton worth the money' I think the answer is obvious.  I also don't think this post happens if he didn't have the slump.  Is anyone going to question a 30 goal scorer at 4 mil which he would have been not for the slump?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    And if he finishes with 25 goals while fighting more than Lucic,is he still considered a bust?I think not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: horton worth the money : And if he finishes with 25 goals while fighting more than Lucic,is he still considered a bust?I think not.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are posing this question to me.  I thought I made it clear he was not a bust in my opinion.  If he only scores 1 more the rest of the way, I will still say that I don't think he is a bust.  As others mentioned the D in his game never suffered during his slump.  The effort never suffered.  Ruts happen, I accept them.  I imaginge my reputation around here is an eternal optimist, and I'm okay with that.  I just didn't like the insinuation that I felt was being made that all of Boston jumped off the bandwagon two months ago, and snuck back on when the going got good again.  You can trace my comments, I don't bash anyone on the team save for possibly a couple lobs thrown at Paille's stone hands.  BTW Paille had a good game last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: horton worth the money : I've been echoing your sentiments regarding Horton for awhile now.It's a product of today's cap-driven NHL that everybody be judged solely in relation to cap-hit and I say,even with that criteria,Horton has earned his dollars.He and Lucic are an angry tandem that will be a handful for any D pair to handle.Obviously I would've liked to see him score all year but I see Horton as peaking at the right time.Bring on the playoffs!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] I agree Horton has much more skill than Lucic but Milan brings his game all the time .I love the way Horton is playing now obviously but it has been frustrating for much of the year watching him play rather listlessly .Horton could be a star in this league but thus far in his career he has not played consistently..All will be forgiven if he performs well in the playoffs though .