Hossa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Hossa

Just wondering. Some goof named Hansen on Vancouver, gives Hossa a fore-arm wack to the back of his head and knocks him out of the game. The guy has to know who it is, and yet does it to him anyway. 

So the question is, is this just a regular, rough play on a guy that has scored 2 goals that night, or did someone say to this lesser light, wack him if you can?  My take is that the coach or previous coaches have said to do this to a vulnerable guy, therefore this is intentional. 

I dont' know if anyone cares, but I hate seeing the talent get taken out of the game by trash, and not the other way around. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Hossa

I doubt ANY coach in the NHL is telling his players to go out and intentionally target the head.  Hansen will probably get a couple games though because when you look at the hit, the ONLY body part that he hit with his elbow was Hossa's head!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Isn't Hansen the one who speared McQuaid in the groin and ran over Ference at the end of game 7?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Will get nothing was not a headhunter play. Hossa is doomed I have him in the pool.

Previously doomed Kiprusoff Visnovsky Fowler Letang Hartnell and counting

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Visnovsky is back, Letang is back, Hartnell is coming back, Kipper is ok, Fowler... , Hossa will be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Looked like a careless move by Hansen.  I don't know if it is suspendable.  Remeber Ference's suspension?  We may see the same kind of argument here from Shanahan.  It's not that he tried to hit the guy in the head, but it's his responsibility to avoid hitting people in the head when doing something like reaching to knock down a puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It was a bad play all the way around but I don't Vigneault would encourage that kind of play. I don't like Elaines response that there should be no suspension, not shocking he thinks his players are angels.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Looked like a careless move by Hansen.  I don't know if it is suspendable.  Remeber Ference's suspension?  We may see the same kind of argument here from Shanahan.  It's not that he tried to hit the guy in the head, but it's his responsibility to avoid hitting people in the head when doing something like reaching to knock down a puck.

DrCC, I feel the exact same way about the play. All players are expected to be responsible for their sticks so they should also definitely be responsible for what they do with their bodies. Malicious intent or not, the play was carelessly dangerous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If he was trying to knock down the puck why was he using his elbow? The puck from what i saw wasn't behind Hossa's head. Looks like an intentional mistake to me. Sorta like this is for Sedin type mistake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It was a bad play all the way around but I don't Vigneault would encourage that kind of play. I don't like Elaines response that there should be no suspension, not shocking he thinks his players are angels.

Exactly, i've never seen a coach who lobby's more for suspensions or non suspensions more than him, maybe Tortorella but Vigneault is bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

At least when Torts is mad he usually has a valid point. Vigneault is a dolt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Shanny gives Hansen 1 game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656653&navid=nhl:topheads

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Exactly, i've never seen a coach who lobby's more for suspensions or non suspensions more than him, maybe Tortorella but Vigneault is bad.

I would put Ray Shero, as far as GMs, at the top as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I would put Ray Shero, as far as GMs, at the top as well.

I concur 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One game is fair.  It's saying, "Hey, I know you may not have meant this, but you're an idiot because it happened.  Go sit and think about it."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

One game is fair.  It's saying, "Hey, I know you may not have meant this, but you're an idiot because it happened.  Go sit and think about it."

Kinda like back in the day when your old man told you to go to your room.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

One game is kinda what I expected, 'cause it's Hossa. 

Watch the replay several times, the puck is up in the air, both players reaching for it, a flail by Hansen, and his elbow hits the back of Hossa's head, which, since it's like an eggshell, sends him down on the ice like he's been shot.

No malicious intent, just a careless play, and when a star gets hit in the head, someone has to pay.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Watch the replay several times, the puck is up in the air, both players reaching for it, a flail by Hansen, and his elbow hits the back of Hossa's head, which, since it's like an eggshell, sends him down on the ice like he's been shot.

No malicious intent, just a careless play, and when a star gets hit in the head, someone has to pay.

Intent is unknown.  I've reached for a lot of things in my life.  In doing so, I've never cranked someone so hard in the head that they were driven forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Brendan Shanahan broke it down pretty good, you can see both players reaching for the puck, then Hansen realizes he wont get it so he goes for Hossa head.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In case people havn't heard,  Hossa did take part in full practice today

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Intent is unknown.  I've reached for a lot of things in my life.  In doing so, I've never cranked someone so hard in the head that they were driven forward.

Well Put. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm not a league disciplinarian for the NHL, I just act like one on this forum.

However, that Shanahan guy is a league disciplinarian for the NHL - and I thought his explanation was exactamundo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Will get nothing was not a headhunter play. Hossa is doomed I have him in the pool.

Previously doomed Kiprusoff Visnovsky Fowler Letang Hartnell and counting

LOL Ok, I started laughing pretty good at this post.