Hossa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hossa

Been hearing Hawks fans claiming Marian is the best two way forward in the league.  Are all their fans this delusional?

But FWIW the final is gonna be tough and as much as I like the Hawks franchise their team's cockiness could be their undoing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Hossa

Hossa is like Malkin - I get edgy every time he has the puck on his stick in the offensive zone.  It's OK though, we have Z!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one cares what you think, Rusty.

As for Hossa, he's pretty awesome.  I'm not sure if he's improved his defense to the point of being Selke worthy, but he's never been a super floater.  He's solid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Malkin is the guy I always fear when has the puck, him and Gaborik. Hossa is right up there though. I'm more concerned about controlling Kane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Malkin is the guy I always fear when has the puck, him and Gaborik. Hossa is right up there though. I'm more concerned about controlling Kane.

Every damn time Malkin had the puck I was thinking (or shouting) "No no no no no no no no no!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I've always thought Hossa was one of the best two way wingers in the league. Most of the Selke guys are centers because they have so much more responsibility. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hossa is a two way player as much as Horton is.  He doesn't hang out at the other blue line, waiting for a pass, but he's not Marchand, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Hossa concerns me more than Toews & Kane....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Been hearing Hawks fans claiming Marian is the best two way forward in the league.  Are all their fans this delusional?

But FWIW the final is gonna be tough and as much as I like the Hawks franchise their team's cockiness could be their undoing.

He is one of the best two way fwds in hockey and has been for some time.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins continue to get stronger as the Cup gets closer. Never thought it would be easy... but it is the OTHER team that needs to step up their game if they want to win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hossa can kiss my ass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hossa is a terrific forward, take him on the Bruins anyday, and anyone who states he is a defensive liability has nbever seen him play. He's not going to win the Selke, but he isnt a liability either.

I hate when people do this. "so and so got 130 points last year but he sucks defensivley"...Get a life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Hossa is a terrific forward, take him on the Bruins anyday, and anyone who states he is a defensive liability has nbever seen him play. He's not going to win the Selke, but he isnt a liability either.

I hate when people do this. "so and so got 130 points last year but he sucks defensivley"...Get a life.

Half of the people who post don't know anything about any player that isn't a Bruin, outside of common rhetoric.  When we add in a team from the West, we're doomed with pending stupidty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hossa is an excellent all around player. I believe Chiarelli tried to sign him back around 09. Whenever I think of Hossa this hit always comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9CmK86fhs  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hossa is like Malkin - I get edgy every time he has the puck on his stick in the offensive zone.  It's OK though, we have Z!

Agree. Hossa is also a complete wuss and LA doesn't have the club to initimidate like Boston does. He had free rein all series. Take him out.

To answer Hanrahan's question above: Lived in Chicago for about 5 years. No one really cares that much about the Hawks or Bulls, unless those teams are frontrunners.  Of course there are diehards, but it's not like here.  They're casual winter time fans, except for the Bears.  It's Cubs and then the Bears in that city. Good fans, but not great fans like Bs fans.

Take out Hossa in Game 1 and get him off his game.   In many ways, they're jusy like Pitt.  Better D, better goalie, but very similar.  Bickell and Keith can throw themselves around, but Boston has an advantage in the physical area. Faceoffs and 4th line, too.

[/QUOTE]

More evidence that you don't know what your talking about. How is Hossa is a wuss? And if you've ever seen L.A play you would realize they are one of the more physical teams in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agree. Hossa is also a complete wuss and LA doesn't have the club to initimidate like Bostondoes. He had free rein all series. Take him out.

To answer Hanrahan's question above: Lived in Chicago for about 5 years. No one really cares that much about the Hawks or Bulls, unless those teams are frontrunners.  Of course there are diehards, but it's not like here.  They're casual winter time fans, except for the Bears.  It's Cubs and then the Bears in that city. Good fans, but not great fans like Bs fans.

Take out Hossa in Game 1 and get him off his game.   In many ways, they're jusy like Pitt.  Better D, better goalie, but very similar.  Bickell and Keith can throw themselves around, but Boston has an advantage in the physical area. Faceoffs and 4th line, too.

[/QUOTE]

More evidence that you don't know what your talking about. How is Hossa is a wuss? And if you've ever seen L.A play you would realize they are one of the more physical teams in the league.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is lost and just spews garbage with no meaning..

LA is in fact the biggest team on average in the NHL. Not saying they are more physical then Boston but they are comparable and that is a big part of their cup run..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

LA is in fact the biggest team on average in the NHL. Not saying they are more physical then Boston but they are comparable and that is a big part of their cup run..

As someone noted recently, bigger means nothing if it isn't backed with skill. 

See:  Boris Valabik

(I don't remember who referenced old Boris, but it sure made me laugh.)

I'll add Peter Worrell to the mix also.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

When Hossa is on his game he can be Malkin dominant, he's super dagerous and I'm actually more afraid of Hossa, Bickell and Sharp then I am Toews and Kane. I think it's going to be hilarious watching Maechand drive Toews and Kane nuts. Keith is a warrior and he's got a Pronger like nastiness to him. He'll do what it takes to win and the B's forwards berter be aware he's on the ice. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Hossa is not as good as Bergeron but he is a very good two way player.  He is not a floater.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

When Hossa is on his game he can be Malkin dominant, he's super dagerous and I'm actually more afraid of Hossa, Bickell and Sharp then I am Toews and Kane. I think it's going to be hilarious watching Maechand drive Toews and Kane nuts. Keith is a warrior and he's got a Pronger like nastiness to him. He'll do what it takes to win and the B's forwards berter be aware he's on the ice. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

I agree that stopping Sharp and Hossa are the keys to beating the Hawks because the team that gets secondary scoring will most likely win the series.  I checked to see who contributed on the score sheet in the Finals when the Hawks beat the Flyers in 2010 and although Kane ans Toews had some points they got a lot of contributions from a number of guys who aren't there anymore like Versteeg, Kopecky, Big Buff and Ladd.  Sharp who is there was a key guy and I think Boston really need to be tough on him.  Bolland also had a lot of points.  Keith is the key guy on defense.  He is almost as good offensively as Letang but he is a lot tougher and is good defensively as well.  Lucic and the other big Bruin forwards need to hit him every chance they get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I would Stamkos is this guy for me.  I can barely watch when he has the puck in a scoring position with even just an ounce of space.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would Stamkos is this guy for me.  I can barely watch when he has the puck in a scoring position with even just an ounce of space.

[/QUOTE]

Totally would add Stamkos to that mix. These guys get the puck and it's like let's face it, if they get loose in the zone, you are hoping upon hoping the puck isn't already in the back of the net. Scary guys Malkin and Stamkos.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously it will not be a cake walk. Both teams have quality and determination. I've never liked Kane because he is such a punk off the ice, but he can score, and does. Expect good tough fast hockey.