How about a thread for Campbell & Paille?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

How about a thread for Campbell & Paille?

Haven't seen one out there for these two guys, but their contributions on the PK were critical.

Paille played his best hockey of the season during these playoffs.

Campbell's PK against the Nucks was incredible.

Two lunch-pail guys deserving of some big-time credit.  Good for them and good for us!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: How about a thread for Campbell & Paille?

In Response to How about a thread for Campbell & Paille?:
    [QUOTE]Haven't seen one out there for these two guys, but their contributions on the PK were critical. Paille played his best hockey of the season during these playoffs. Campbell's PK against the Nucks was incredible. Two lunch-pail guys deserving of some big-time credit.  Good for them and good for us!
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Well said, Crowls.  They're unsung heroes, to be sure and massively important to the cause. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

No doubt. 

I was just watching NHL Live on NHL Network and Thomas was asked about the contributions of players like Paille and Campbell.  He said that "you can't win something like this without contributions from EVERYONE on your club". 

Campbell and Paille (and other unsung hero's) were HUGE for the B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

they were the depth difference.

Paille was an effective forechecker and Campbell was a tenacious PK'r

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Both played great.  Paille shocked me.  THAT was the guy he was supposed to be.  Campbell though, only slightly impressed me.  At times I found myself wondering if he was suited up.  He was instrumental in a number of regular season games, but seemed to fall out of the spotlight in the playoffs.  I really like him, he is a gamer.  Young, tough, energetic, skill, etc., and the list goes on.  I hope they lock him up for a WHILE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Kelly is another guy who hasn't gotten his due praise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Yet some of the GMs on these boards wanted Paille gone. Amazing what this kid can do when given the chance. These guys played hard and with Heart. Love it. Best 4th line I have seen in quite some time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I praised the Kelly & Peverly trades when most were trashing those guys.  They were all they were expected to be and possibly more.  The Bruins have an INCREDIBLE team right now, but MOST of us have known that for the past year and praised them and pointed out just how great they were.  I hope they dont make any major moves this summer.  I dont see why theyd need to.  Lock up Marchand.  Try to get Ryden for a cheap price.  Kaberle is what it is.  If he goes I dont care.  Anyway.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

been singing the praises of Paille since he got here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't seen one out there for these two guys, but their contributions on the PK were critical. Paille played his best hockey of the season during these playoffs. Campbell's PK against the Nucks was incredible. Two lunch-pail guys deserving of some big-time credit.  Good for them and good for us!

Good post Crowls ....Paille has been incredible against the Canucks ..he's got speed skills talent ..I wouldnt be surprised if he would score 20goals next season ..and Campbell so dedicated and valuable on the PPK....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Campbell basically played flawless outside of the faceoff circle.  He was a mastermind of keeping the other guys off the scoresheet.

Paille's penalty killing (lauded by yours truly throughout the season) was so textbook, they should hold classes on it.  When, by himself, he would hem the opposition in their own zone, I could just hear them saying, "Dude.  Seriously.  Get out of here.  DUDE!  COME ON!"  He was regularly scratched in the first half, but when he got his chance, he turned it on.  He was a pest to a high degree with his great play.  His play on the shorthand was a huge reason Vancouver failed so miserably on the man advantage. 

Great thread, Crowls.

Red, this is the Campbell and Paille thread.  Start your own for Kelly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Paille is a beautiful skater.I am convinced he could do more offensively if given a real chance .His play was surreal !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Paille played his best hockey of the season during these playoffs."

Worth much more than 1.1Mil for what he does on the PK but some will suggest that PC should package Daniel and Kelly to make room for someone else. I hope pie yah in the sky yah ends up with Axellson (sp?) tenure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

I don't want the best players, I want the right ones."  Herb Brooks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Even before the playoffs -- Cambo put me thru the roof on back in late March with the 5 on 3 shorty vs Montreal. Forget talent -- Both of these guys are as hard working as they come.

Last one of those that comes to mind was Steve Kasper -- early eighties -- vs Toronto a couple days before Christmas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Re: How about a thread for Campbell & Paille?:
    [QUOTE]Even before the playoffs -- Cambo put me thru the roof on back in late March with the 5 on 3 shorty vs Montreal. Forget talent -- Both of these guys are as hard working as they come. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKNWQ0LNdqM Last one of those that comes to mind was Steve Kasper -- early eighties -- vs Toronto a couple days before Christmas.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

I remember Kasper scoring two SHGs on the same penalty against Toronto. I think the goalie was Allan Bester, and if memory serves, he got hurt doing the splits trying to make the save on the second goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How about a thread for Campbell & Paille? : I remember Kasper scoring two SHGs on the same penalty against Toronto. I think the goalie was Allan Bester, and if memory serves, he got hurt doing the splits trying to make the save on the second goal.
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]
    oh yeah Allan Bester. he used to throw up a lot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls, good post as always.  Campy was a bit of a disappointment (i like him a lot) and believe Paille was excellent.
    Every piece is important to a teams success.  even my good buddy shawn thorton.  he played very good in his role. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]Paille is a beautiful skater.I am convinced he could do more offensively if given a real chance .His play was surreal !!
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Paille is a great defensive player but they don't call him Stone Hands for nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I could not agree more...two very smart, fast role players...
    Doc
    [QUOTE]Campbell basically played flawless outside of the faceoff circle.  He was a mastermind of keeping the other guys off the scoresheet. Paille's penalty killing (lauded by yours truly throughout the season) was so textbook, they should hold classes on it.  When, by himself, he would hem the opposition in their own zone, I could just hear them saying, "Dude.  Seriously.  Get out of here.  DUDE!  COME ON!"  He was regularly scratched in the first half, but when he got his chance, he turned it on.  He was a pest to a high degree with his great play.  His play on the shorthand was a huge reason Vancouver failed so miserably on the man advantage.  Great thread, Crowls. Red, this is the Campbell and Paille thread.  Start your own for Kelly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Did anyone else notice how much better Pallie started playing after Kelly was traded for ? Great pair to go into another Cup run with !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownbliss. Show btownbliss's posts

Very well said, they were SOLID!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Crowls, I would have called this thread "Fribbles for everyone!"

The forth line guys were great.  Campbell had his best game in game 7.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How about a thread for Campbell & Paille? : I don't want the best players, I want the right ones."  Herb Brooks
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding.

How do I link this to the "Which Free Agents Should the Bruins Sign" thread?