How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?

the goal that lost the game was becuase thomas was out of position. Granted TT was the only reason this game was close but he blew it on the one goal he let in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Your post is hilarious.  You blame Thomas for the loss, and admit that he kept the Bruins in the game, all in one sentence.  You can't have it both ways.  Thomas was his usually-solid self in this game.  A Lucic error led to a lot of confusion in the defensive zone, with many players out of position.  You can't blame Thomas for this one.  Game 2, absolutely.  But not this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?:
    [QUOTE]the goal that lost the game was becuase thomas was out of position. Granted TT was the only reason this game was close but he blew it on the one goal he let in.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

exactly. take all the great saves, subtract the weak goals. take all lucics' assists and goals, subtract the turnovers.

ill take both of those guys on my team, in any game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

He should have not let in the goal that he did but if ur reading my posts this loss is on claude i blame

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Of course this loss is Claude's fault.  Your boy Lucic made a crucial error in the game, and you obviously don't want to admit that, so you blame the coach.  Why exactly?  Just for the fact that the defensemen didn't pinch?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Of course this loss is Claude's fault.  Your boy Lucic made a crucial error in the game, and you obviously don't want to admit that, so you blame the coach.  Why exactly?  Just for the fact that the defensemen didn't pinch?
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Error by looch and thomas and  i am   a bruins long before looch came andwill be after. If thomas stays in his creacse the bruins would have won this series all ready but I blame claudes passive tenative play not to lose instead of being agressive

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : exactly. take all the great saves, subtract the weak goals. take all lucics' assists and goals, subtract the turnovers. ill take both of those guys on my team, in any game.
    Posted by BCeagles01[/QUOTE]

Do you know how many points Lucic has in this series?  2.  He has 11 total in 23 playoff games.  Tim Thomas has a sub-1.50 GAA in this series and is on his way to winning the Conn Smythe.  Lucic is not playing well right now, Thomas is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : Error by looch and thomas and  i am   a bruins long before looch came andwill be after. If thomas stays in his creacse the bruins would have won this series all ready but I blame claudes passive tenative play not to lose instead of being agressive
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

fair enough

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinhypocracy. Show bruinhypocracy's posts

LOL!!! He did! He compared Lucic to Ovechkin and Crosby! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Everybody loves Lucic. Its easy to see why. And he is like Neely was when he was young. Caught between wanting to be a mean intimidating b*stard and a goal machine. Hope he gets the balance right in game 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I fully expected this thread to be a joke. Lucic has been getting ripped constantly on here since he was a rookie. The criticism has only been amped up for the playoffs. I don't know how anyone could miss all of the negative comments that have been made about him.
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I've never been a big fan of Lucic.  Typical "Bruins type" forward - big, slow, with average skill and tons of grit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I've never been a big fan of Lucic.  Typical "Bruins type" forward - big, slow, with average skill and tons of grit.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Bim, I'm a fan of Lucic but I readily admit that your opinion of him is shared by many.
      GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : Do you know how many points Lucic has in this series?  2.  He has 11 total in 23 playoff games.  Tim Thomas has a sub-1.50 GAA in this series and is on his way to winning the Conn Smythe.  Lucic is not playing well right now, Thomas is.

do you know who is leading the team in hits and second in plus/minus?

and is on the ice with the leading scorer in the playoffs, every shift?

lucic is not playing to his potential, im not gonna argue that. im jsut stating he is one of the last players i would be criticizing for the bruins loses in vancouver. thomas has giving up weak goals in all 3 of the bruins loses and should standing next to him on the sidewalk if your gonna throw someone under the bus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Lucic skated wonderfully in game 5, very fluid beautiful shifts. But last night, he stopped skating. Mistakes happen in all facets of life, so blaming the guy for a missed play or two, whatever. It's about skating and when he skates he's great, and when he doesn't he ain't...Lucic had lots of company in the not skating, and not hitting department in last night's good-enough-to-lose effort.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?:
    [QUOTE]Tim Thomas gets a lot of flack on these boards whenever he lets in a softie.  Claude Julien is criticized for his unwillingness to make lineup changes.  People are constantly b_tching and moaning about Kaberle's ineffectiveness of the powerplay.  But rarely (if ever) do I see anyone say one negative word about #17.   Yes, Milan Lucic.  The same player who has proven time and again in these playoffs that he is a major defensive liability.  I would go as far as to say he is our team's worst defensive player.  His performance in tonight's game did nothing to change my opinion of him.  In fact, it only reinforced it. If it weren't for Lucic's sort-of-kind-of "pinch" late in the 3rd period, the Bruins may have had a chance to win the game.  Instead, his error resulted in an odd-man rush for the Canucks, who were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone until Lapierre ultimately scored the GWG.  Eddie Olczyk pointed out Lucic's error on the NBC broadcast, but I doubt I will hear about it tomorrow in the Boston Globe or on the Sports Hub. But why?  Lucic is constantly making bonehead plays, errant passes into the neutral zone, and shows an overall lack of effort on the backcheck.  It's about time someone held him accountable.

You just did.

Great time to go negative, as the team has their backs against the wall.  Says more about you than it does about any of the players. 

Lucic takes heat out here on a fairly regular basis, sorry you haven't seen it. He did not have a strong game last night, and would likely agree with that assessment based on his post-game remarks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Lucic was horrible. He was not a pro.
    At one point during his penalty he was sitting in the box taunting the green men and measuring things in length with his fingers, I think his nose, just being silly and joking around looking all happy. MILAN, your team is in the stanley cup playoffs you rich little bashtird!!!

LETS F GOOO!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : You just did. Great time to go negative, as the team has their backs against the wall.  Says more about you than it does about any of the players.  Lucic takes heat out here on a fairly regular basis, sorry you haven't seen it. He did not have a strong game last night, and would likely agree with that assessment based on his post-game remarks.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because I'm sure all of the players are reading these posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : Yeah, because I'm sure all of the players are reading these posts.

What does that have to do with anything?  My guess is that they read none of these posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

So what was the point of the "Great time to go negative, as the team has their backs against the wall" comment?  I really do not understand where you're coming from.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Not that your post has an impact on the team, just sounds like a bailing on the team type of comment.  There will be plenty of time to be critical, hopefully after a Cup victory on Wednesday night. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I agree about Lucic.  He's made some nice passes and plays, but yes he has been a turnover machine, and hasn't acted at all like the leader -- in terms of intensity -- that we thought he could be.

I was going to wait until the series was over to see if indeed he is playing hurt.  I hope he is, because if he's not hurt, then he's shown me enough to say let's trade him before next season.

His 30 goals aren't worth much of he's decided to be a (30 goal) lover rather than a fighter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Looch's woes go way back into the 60th or so game of the season. From that point on he's been really unproductive. I'm a HUGE Looch fan however, and I think after the playoffs someone needs to evaluate what type of center Looch needs to be more effective. Obviously the chemistry with Krecji has diminished. I would like to see how he'd do with a big center like Arnott setting him up. I think Looch would thrive on an ultra physical "700 pound" type line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Because he is saving his best for last....

Look for his 'Conn-Smythe-In-Two-Nights' performances in Games 6 and 7