How easy you forget...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

How easy you forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjVQP4FQak&hd=1

Well not me, BRUINS WILL BE BACK HERE SOON!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: How easy you forget...

not even a year ago...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How easy you forget...:
    [QUOTE]not even a year ago...
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    It still feels like yesterday to me. I'm not bitter today at all. They tried and they lost. I'm still proud to be a Bruins fan. Cheers to a good summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : It still feels like yesterday to me. I'm not bitter today at all. They tried and they lost. I'm still proud to be a Bruins fan. Cheers to a good summer.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Cup repeat is the hardest thing to do in sports, these guys go through 8 weeks of a natural disaster against each other, and inevitably every winner needs bounces along the way.  We didnt give the effort this year like last, but I'm with you, hard to be dissatisfied, still have that cup run in the front of my mind.

I look forward to a fun offseason atleast, many movements and big decisions coming for the b's.  Here's to improving the offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : Cup repeat is the hardest thing to do in sports, these guys go through 8 weeks of a natural disaster against each other, and inevitably every winner needs bounces along the way.  We didnt give the effort this year like last, but I'm with you, hard to be dissatisfied, still have that cup run in the front of my mind. I look forward to a fun offseason atleast, many movements and big decisions coming for the b's.  Here's to improving the offense.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    I was more Ok with this loss than in any other year as a fan. Like Nas mentioned on another thread, the Orr-Espo Bruins couldn't manage a repeat either. This team will still be considered one of the favourites again next year too. A reasonable chance to win is all we can ask for. PC and the Bruins deliver that at least.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : I was more Ok with this loss than in any other year as a fan. Like Nas mentioned on another thread, the Orr-Espo Bruins couldn't manage a repeat either. This team will still be considered one of the favourites again next year too. A reasonable chance to win is all we can ask for. PC and the Bruins deliver that at least.

Was it disapppointing that the team didn't advance to the second round? Absolutely. Was this anyone's fault? No way. The team lost and won as a team. And as I stated in another thread to play seven 1-goal games with four decided in OTs, how can you feel anything but it wasn't meant to be. That's all there was to it, including the 2 Caps goals. One was a ridiculously great tip-in and the other was an alltime bizarro play where a guy trys to slap it into the zone prior to a shift change, it is somehow blocked completely bounces to a guy who goes on a breakaway and even after TT makes the save, it's immediately cashed in on a great backhand by Ward. But it's the B's who lost, so therefore the 25 new experts in here will blame PC, Julien, the PP, the top lines, the fourth line and pretty much anything else that can excuse losing. Dez, I totally agree. The B's lost and it wasn't as bad it could have been, certainly I can feel good about Seguin's OT goal to even have a game 7. The B's played hard and had a good reg. season and will be strong next year. Let's go B's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : I was more Ok with this loss than in any other year as a fan. Like Nas mentioned on another thread, the Orr-Espo Bruins couldn't manage a repeat either. This team will still be considered one of the favourites again next year too. A reasonable chance to win is all we can ask for. PC and the Bruins deliver that at least.

I've never been this content after a Bruins playoff ouster in my life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I feel almost guilty to admit it but the Bs exit is almost a relief. No hockey stress in May and June and Suzanne will be happy there's no repeat of last year's Stanley Cup Champions merchandise Smorgasborg.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]It might not feel so good in a few weeks when the NYR sweep the Caps aside in 4 or 5 games.  Call me crazy, but the NYR are bigger up front than the Bs and will just knick the Caps aside. Then the Flyers and NYR can knock the daylights out of each other and let the West team win the Cup. 
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE

Sounds about right

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]It looks more and more that last year was a fluke in Thomas' career -- I guess we should probably just feel lucky that we got that one Cup.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Wow.....no really... wow.....

Guess the Vezina in 2009 was a fluke too huh?  Too bad he wasn't perfect....damn him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]It looks more and more that last year was a fluke in Thomas' career -- I guess we should probably just feel lucky that we got that one Cup.

He can now go back to playing like Jiri Crha like before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

There's always gonna be someone who blames the goalie...

But, I think guys like Seguin and Marchand needed to lose like this to grow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Interesting to hear many of you echo my feelings. This is the least broken up I've been about the Bruins losing the last game of the year... in my life. It feels like just yesterday they won it all. In fact, I was a lot less pumped for this year's season and playoffs than in the past. The two-month post season run really drained me emotionally - it was hard to get up for Bruins hockey after that. I can only imagine what it was like for the players. This loss was lousy, but the team will probably be better next year, I can't wait to see Hamilton try out for the team and Seguin I think is ready to take off. Next season is going to be awesome, and after a long summer with proper beach time, I will be pumped!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting to hear many of you echo my feelings. This is the least broken up I've been about the Bruins losing the last game of the year... in my life. It feels like just yesterday they won it all. In fact, I was a lot less pumped for this year's season and playoffs than in the past. The two-month post season run really drained me emotionally - it was hard to get up for Bruins hockey after that. I can only imagine what it was like for the players. This loss was lousy, but the team will probably be better next year, I can't wait to see Hamilton try out for the team and Seguin I think is ready to take off. Next season is going to be awesome, and after a long summer with proper beach time, I will be pumped!
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    what oates said ^^^^^^^^agree on all counts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A fluke would be Blaine Lacher not a goalie who's been awarded 2 Vezina's, a Conn Smythe and was the main reason his team won a Cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : A fluke would be Blaine Lacher not a goalie who's been awarded 2 Vezina's, a Conn Smythe and was the main reason his team won a Cup.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]
    That's right Stan. You don't "fluke" 2 Vezinas in 3 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : He can now go back to playing like Jiri Crha like before.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Nice reference, hadn't heard that name in a while.

Looking forward to next year. The core is young and signed (for the most part), and they should be well rested and hungry for redemption. Add a couple roster tweaks and viola. Contention in 2013.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Dez it amazes me that some people are ready to kick Thomas to the curb so easily. .921 reg season SP, .933 in post season. Those are fantastic numbers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to How easy you forget...:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjVQP4FQak&hd=1 Well not me, BRUINS WILL BE BACK HERE SOON!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    Definetly havn"t forgot i sure hope so

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Timmy has brought lots of smiles to our critical faces. Now, because he still has value, Peter may be able to swap him for atop notch sniper. Not Parise, Nash, Iginla, but maybe someone like St. Louis, who would fill in nicely until Spooner or Sauve is truly ready. After reading Chiarelli's comments, on the bottom six, I'd love to see a Nate Thompson between Caron and Hendrickson. Why did you tie up Thorny, Peter???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

bogie, i don't want to see TT gone just yet but it would take much more to get St.Louis out of TB....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In previous years when the Bruins would be eliminated there would always be a dull ache inside of me for a day or so because it would be yet another year in a long line them of not winning the Cup.  Last year's championship has tempered this year's defeat for me as they're less than a year removed from taking it all.  Plus my expertations were not as high. 

We now know the euphoric feeling of being fans of the best NHL team of last season after waiting for so long.  It's still fresh.  It's also comforting to know the Bruins barring anything unforseen will be in the serious hunt to regain the Cup next year.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Surprised to see how ok everyone is with a 1st round knock-out by a very mediocre Caps team.

I get the good will of the Cup win from last year, but still very disappointed that they played that poorly in the 1st round.

Not jump off the roof disappointed as in year's past, but still not happy.