How good is Tuuka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

How good is Tuuka?

I now live outside the u.s. , love the bruins,but do not  get a chance to watch them. How good is Tuukka? Btw,i watched the bruins playoff run to the stanley cup in Ghana on a south african cable station. i personally  never saw a better  playoff performance by a goaltender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: How good is Tuuka?

It's "Tuukka" and he's very good

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Relax.  The dude watched the Cup run in Ghana.  If he's missing a "k", it's fine.

SHT, he's playing very, very well.  The bad goals that he's been prone to in the past are saves this year so far.  He hasn't been completely tested on back to back nights, but I'm pretty confident in him right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

"The bad goals that he's been prone to in the past are saves this year so far."

^Good point, I can only think of one soft goal off the top of my head (though I've been unable to watch as often this year). He's been great.

He's very good and has good defensemen and defensive forwards in front of him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Goaltending has been great by Khudobin & FANTASTIC by Rask! Love how the most important position is taken care of. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Better than Thomas's first 100 games on the Bruins. Take that Nite LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Better than Thomas's first 100 games on the Bruins. Take that Nite LoL!

Ur a dink!! LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If they were to lay odds on Thomas coming back and playing well, I would bet on Thomas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If they were to lay odds on Thomas coming back and playing well, I would bet on Thomas.

out of curiosity what odds would you need for that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

out of curiosity what odds would you need for that

Not much after Thomas has proven to all his doubters how good he is.

PS. Do did you notice how I deleted the spacing and comments that didn't pertain to my reply ?

That makes the board nice n clean...see ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

he's gone and I dont like how it ended, but i agree with this. If I were the Lightning I'd ship a second rounder to long island and beg him to come back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Ah but the Islanders would then be under the Cap floor. How long do they have to get back over or can they even make that trade?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

he's gone and I dont like how it ended, but i agree with this. If I were the Lightning I'd ship a second rounder to long island and beg him to come back.

Ahhhh...reuniting TT and Martin St. Louis - interesting prospect, kel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Shtarka's comment:

...shnipped...

BTW - Is your username a reference to Siegfried's sidekick on Get Smart?

Great show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Believe it or not...he is as good as Khudo ! , !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

But Stan, according to your recent posts, you gave numbers to show that Khudo (after 2 starts) was superior.

as of today:

Rask 1.97gaa and .925sv%

Khudo 2.70gaa and .905sv%

I bring this up because you were quick to flaunt the stats after Rask had his one bad game...so no, Tuukka is not as good as Khudo, He is better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

But Stan, according to your recent posts, you gave numbers to show that Khudo (after 2 starts) was superior.

as of today:

Rask 1.97gaa and .925sv%

I bring this up because you were quick to flaunt the stats after Rask had his one bad game...so no, Tuukka is not as good as Khudo, He is better.

If Tuuka is better than Rask ...its 100 % sure that we will beat the Hawks in the Stanley Cup final...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

as of today:

Rask 1.97gaa and .925sv%

Why waste your time?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Ok, we've established how good he is, so what does this contract extension look like? 

KPD wrote yesterday it could be big. He's talking 6 mil per.  He compared it to the top goalies in the league. 

I think this is crazy talk.  All those players signed in a 70 mil + cap world.  Does anyone think Chiarelli will offer anything that large, and will Tuukka accept much less? 

This could get nasty, and if it is north of 5 mil who is gone?  A quick look at capgeek says it would leave 2 mil plus Savards 4 to sign Horton, a defenseman, and a backup goalie.  Tough.  Then you have Bergeron due the following year. I can't stop looking at Johnny Boychuk's 3.3 mil.  I like him but if it means keeping Horton, he goes. 

Chialrelli has some work to do, and the better Tuukka plays the harder this work will be. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How can anyone not be impressed with the way Rask has played this year ?

Whatever it takes to sign him, PC has to buck up. Even if it means moving a few bodies around to meet cap requirements. And one thing about PC, he has maneuvered the Bruins cap perfectly so far. 

I'm anticipating a smart signing once again for the right dollars by him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think he's getting better game by game, he's not improving by leaps and bounds, but it's just a bit better.  Those improvements are that he's getting more aggressive, and doing that better and smarter, his puckhandling has improved 100% - I used to cringe when he handled the  puck and now he does it well.  I don't believe I've seen him mishandle it once this year, maybe he has, but I don't recall it.  He looks to be more in control, he seems to exude confidence and appears more 'stable'.  He could be a Vezina contender by the end of the season, he's 9th in save % - considering the bad game against the Sabres that might improve quite a bit and currently tied with most wins at 10.  Lots of sifting out to do, but he could very well be in the mix at the end of the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The Cap is stupid for the fact that is has to change. Baiscally it breaks up what the B's have worked so hard to get and keep. Just grinds my gears.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Relax.  The dude watched the Cup run in Ghana.  If he's missing a "k", it's fine.

SHT, he's playing very, very well.  The bad goals that he's been prone to in the past are saves this year so far.  He hasn't been completely tested on back to back nights, but I'm pretty confident in him right now.

March will be Tuuka's litmus test. The Bruins have 3 sets of 3 games in 4 nights. khudo will need to add some help also.