How good is Tuuka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: How good is Tuuka?

In response to bgrif008's comment:

The Cap is stupid for the fact that is has to change. Baiscally it breaks up what the B's have worked so hard to get and keep. Just grinds my gears.

Every team has the the same issue. See Chicago after their cup win. See Pittsburgh having to surround Crosby and Malkin with cheaper players because of their high salaries. It takes smart management of the cap to stay near the top.

It has become a big part in assembling teams. A team used to go out and just get the best players regardless of money. I like this system better. It keeps the NYR's of the hockey world from getting the best free agents every year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

^^^^^Perfectly written post^^^^

Here's the thing that people need to remember. Rask has had a fantastic attitude since he's become a Bruin. He didn't sulk when he was left in Provindence an extra year, he didn't demand big money after his decent yr in 2010. He didn't whine after he lost his starters role to TT. He's allowed the B's to dictate how his career has gone so far. As much as I want to see more from him in the play-offs. I think he's proving he is bonafide goalie & he deserves to paid like it. Imho I thought that Rask won this game against the Islanders last night. The score doesn't come close to indicating how close this game was. Rask was the difference. This is about the 4th time this season he's widely been the difference. This shouldn't be a tough decision for PC to make at all. Sign him & get it done. If it means we only lose a Horton, Boychuk, or a Ference than it's not that big deal. The B's could have it a lot worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Ihis puckhandling has improved 100% - I used to cringe when he handled the  puck and now he does it well. 

Well noted point. Everything goes to the corner. The stick work behind the net is vastly improved as well. He seems to really have studied TT extensively and incorporated what he learned into a hybrid style of his and TT's strengths. Exemplifies patience rewarded.

Chia will get him signed without killing the cap, I hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Button was on TSN last night raving about how Thomas did Boston a favour by sitting at home, so they could make Rask the starter instead. I think he called it a HUGE favour.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Button was on TSN last night raving about how Thomas did Boston a favour by sitting at home, so they could make Rask the starter instead. I think he called it a HUGE favour.

I saw that as well, either way the B's could have traded him if he had honored the last year of his deal. Him not showing up just made it easier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Red, before that he also said the Bruins weren't likely to trade TT had he decided to play so I'm not sure he's that well informed. It seemed pretty obvious the Bruins were going to trade TT regardless of what his plans were. You're point is true still though as Button was indeed impressed by Rask and the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Red, before that he also said the Bruins weren't likely to trade TT had he decided to play so I'm not sure he's that well informed. It seemed pretty obvious the Bruins were going to trade TT regardless of what his plans were. You're point is true still though as Button was indeed impressed by Rask and the Bruins.

I think this was the plan all along when the contract was put into place, hence the reason of the NMC removed in his final yr. PC got his goalie situation right & he still does. The play-offs will tell the final story for Tuukka, but right now he's playing world class. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I think this was the plan all along when the contract was put into place, hence the reason of the NMC removed in his final yr. PC got his goalie situation right & he still does. The play-offs will tell the final story for Tuukka, but right now he's playing world class. 

The stage that usually tells the story, when the real pressure is on and every mistake is highlighted.