How has Greg Zanon looked?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: How has Greg Zanon looked?

In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : Please isla, don't humour him. He certainly isn't bringing any. I'm beginning to think Badhab is Pee-Wee Herman.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I still think Jordan left his Caron is hillarious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : I still think Jordan left his Caron is hillarious.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Different strokes I suppose. I think it's funny if my 6 year old neice says it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

looking down the road, next year I would be happy with a Charo/Boychuck first pair and a Zanon/McQuaid third pair....but I really hope we upgrade our second pair from the Sieds, Ferrence group. ANd Corvo gone. I doubt Hamilton would be NHL top four ready, a year at Providence would do him good. So here's hoping Pete C signs one top four free agent d-man and maybe trades for another.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : He came for Kampfer who was a good prospect, but not ready for the playoffs.  I hate watching Corvo make mistake after mistake, game after game.  Zanon will prove to be a positive as the season closes and the post-season begins, because he's steady, provided Claude gives him some minutes with Ference and Boychuk not at 100%.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Kampfer started out pretty good last year but I thought never really was the same after that first concussion he got midway through the season. He seemed like a Hunwick type player, not always dependable defensively and not offensive enough to compensate.

Zanon will be fine once he learns the system and CJ gets more comfortable with him. He has had the misfortune of playing almost his entire career with expansion teams now is his chance to prove his worth.

Now, if only something could be done about Smilin' Joe Corvo....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : Different strokes I suppose. I think it's funny if my 6 year old neice says it.

And who are you to be saying anything about humor at all?
    You have none.  Nada.  Zero.  Zip.
    And there is nothing funny about your 6 year old niece stealing my best material.

Or are you in a particularly bad mood because this all hit too close to home?

You have to walk home tonight because you ran out of gas or something?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have no complaints at all about Zanon.  We've seen some pretty poor defensemen over the last few years.  Whenever someone is terribly out of position, and I think to myself, "Oh my, who was that?" I always replay the situation to see.

I have yet to have an issue with any play Zanon has made.

Those that are touting his +/- or suggesting anything but solid play are in desperate need of a Bartkowski video tape.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I would guess that his plus/minus has more to do with him still learning the system or having Corvo as a D-partner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I think he has come as advertised. A guy who takes care of his own end. A defenceman with a lot ( there's that phrase again ) of vanilla to his game.

The one criticism of him for me would be he's not that fleet of foot. But he keeps himself , for the most part in good position so it doesn't tend to be a problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

He is doing an acceptable defensive job, and learning Claude's " system".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I would guess that his plus/minus has more to do with him still learning the system or having Corvo as a D-partner.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

I would guess that his plus/minus has more to do with sample size than anything else.  There are a ton of variables (and a ton of luck) that affect plus/minus.  Its really not a valid indication of anything unless you are looking at it over a larger sample.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

[QUOTE]looking down the road, next year I would be happy with a Charo/Boychuck first pair and a Zanon/McQuaid third pair....but I really hope we upgrade our second pair from the Sieds, Ferrence group. ANd Corvo gone. I doubt Hamilton would be NHL top four ready, a year at Providence would do him good. So here's hoping Pete C signs one top four free agent d-man and maybe trades for another.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Except for fact that he'll still be too young to play in the AHL in '12-'13, so scratch that idea...Hamilton should be #6 or #7 d-man next year.  Another year in juniors won't do him any good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Plugging in Zanon for Corvo come playoff time would give the B's a very very solid 6-man D group...

Especially when you recall that Chara and Seids were phenomenal in last year's playoffs, and Ference and McQuaid did a solid job also...

So that leaves Zanon and Boychuk, which lends itself to Boych's game of sometimes going for the big hit or stupidly being out of position at times...

Or taking the puck all the way down to the goal line like he likes to do these days...

Zanon will always be back for those situations...

Chara-Seidenberg
    Ference-McQuaid
    Zanon-Boychuk

Not bad...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : Except for fact that he'll still be too young to play in the AHL in '12-'13, so scratch that idea...Hamilton should be #6 or #7 d-man next year.  Another year in juniors won't do him any good.
    Posted by inflamedcolon[/QUOTE]

He's going to be our #2 defenseman next year.  His offense is more than NHL ready and Chara will compensate on D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : I would guess that his plus/minus has more to do with sample size than anything else.  There are a ton of variables (and a ton of luck) that affect plus/minus.  Its really not a valid indication of anything unless you are looking at it over a larger sample.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

True, that is a good point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : And who are you to be saying anything about humor at all? You have none.  Nada.  Zero.  Zip. And there is nothing funny about your 6 year old niece stealing my best material. Or are you in a particularly bad mood because this all hit too close to home? You have to walk home tonight because you ran out of gas or something?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I find it interesting you complained ad nauseum about trade talk over running the board when all that bothered you was a lack of interest in your "material". Hey, good for you that you attained Tukka-fail level in the laughs department.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've barely noticed him, which for a stay at home D is a good thing. I tend to only really notice stay at home depth D when they screw up. That Zanon has flown under my radar so far says that this has not been the case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I've barely noticed him, which for a stay at home D is a good thing. I tend to only really notice stay at home depth D when they screw up. That Zanon has flown under my radar so far says that this has not been the case.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, you're spot on. Zanon has been solid yet unspectacular. I've seen him step up with some solid hits but he's done a good job of keeping it simple out there. I like what I've seen so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How has Greg Zanon looked? : I find it interesting you complained ad nauseum about trade talk over running the board when all that bothered you was a lack of interest in your "material". Hey, good for you that you attained Tukka-fail level in the laughs department.

ouch.  I've just been knocked out of the game by Dez a la Seids v. Colby.
    I'll be in the training room nursing my injuries for a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Alright I'm done traveling !!! I can see this game from puck drop.
    Thanks guys (and Red) for your input. 
    I was just afraid it would turned into the Montador experience . Glad to see it's not turning into that .

And LMAO Dez someone always pulls you into the Kaberle debate.  I agree with you like Corvo you cannot compare Zanon.  They just play a different game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So much for that, Zanon scratched tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Have to keep Mottau in some games to keep him fresh so it doesn't mean Zanon did anything bad or wasn't playing well to be a healthy scratch. then confirmed...

Edit: “We don’t want a guy sitting out for a month, then all of a sudden you get into the playoffs and you’re asking him to step in,’’ Julien said. “Hopefully we’re in a position where we can monitor that and continue to do a good job of putting those guys in the lineup and keeping them as sharp as we can.’’

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Zanon looks dependable as does Mottau. Rolston looks serviveable with kelly. Good job PC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I thought Mottau had a quietly good game last night. Kept it simple and efficient with just under 15 mins of icetime.

Zanon needs to follow Mike's lead on this. I thought he (Zanon) was trying a little too hard to be phyisical which took him out of position on a number of occasions the last couple of games.