How is there no Kessel vs. John Scott thread yet?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How is there no Kessel vs. John Scott thread yet?!

First, I haven`t seen a guy run away like that in ages - since Denis Savard in the early 80s.  Then Phil swings a wild two-hander out there, and then things go geek.  Give Phil credit - he opened up Flynn, but then what the f--- is he thinking going back after Scott and giving him a jab with the stick?  After everything is settling down?

Fun to see Miller tuned up by Bernier, though.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/1008937/clip/0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: How is there no Kessel vs. John Scott thread yet?!

Have to say it, that was very entertaining.  Sounds like the crowd enjoyed it too.   Clarkson going to get 10 games for ckming off the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Have to say it, that was very entertaining.  Sounds like the crowd enjoyed it too.   Clarkson going to get 10 games for ckming off the bench.

I'm not sure why Clarkson even bothered coming off the bench because all I saw him do was give Scott a stern talking to. If you come off the bench you should at least fight somebody.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

John Scott just doesnt belong in the league. I usually dont like the stick work but I loved what Kessel did here. Seriously John Scott? Tropp gets laid out in a fight in which he was a willing combatant and his response is to go after Phil Kessel??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the edict from the NHLPA is remove the other guys helmet as Phil did. Phil apparently played LaCrosse in Wisconsin (leg whack) and watched Ivan Putski give the eye rake quite a bit.

Scott, Thornton and the rest of the bozos know it's almost the end of the line. Get rid of these bums!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Jessel is going to get marked this year for being a dirty stick slashing twerp. 

He better have his head up ALL year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In some strange way, I actually gained some respect for Kessel, although coming back at the very end to get another spear in on Scott was just silly and pathetic.  

I just hate to see a useless thug like Scott trying to jump a star player, in the preseason.  It's awful.  Sure Phil ran and swung his stick, but what's he supposed to do?  Surprised he didn't just turtle.  Then he gave a pretty spirited fight to Flynn.  Good for him.

John Scott has no place in this league.  It's embarassing for the sport.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In some strange way, I actually gained some respect for Kessel, although coming back at the very end to get another spear in on Scott was just silly and pathetic.  

I just hate to see a useless thug like Scott trying to jump a star player, in the preseason.  It's awful.  Sure Phil ran and swung his stick, but what's he supposed to do?  Surprised he didn't just turtle.  Then he gave a pretty spirited fight to Flynn.  Good for him.

Exactly what I said to myself. Like I said, not a fan of the stick work, but maybe I'm a little suprised at how he stuck up for himself, showed some emotion and holy crap, fought well versus Flynn, I gave him the decsion.

None of this happens if a hockey player is on the ice instead of John Scott.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Fletcher I think you summed it up pretty well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I gained a little respect for Kessel as well, something I never thought I'd live to say. Why was Scott even out on the ice at that point of the game? That's on the coach, who needs his head examined as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

the late spear was just plain cowardly, c'mon Phil.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nothing better than seeing Miller get smacked around.

Thought Scott was a clown, as usual.

Kessel was great...loved his response.  No "spear" by the way, puts the flat part of his blade into Scott's pants, no harm there.

Biggest loser?  Flynn leaking after getting smoked by Kessel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Scott was sent onto the ice for what Buffalo thought was a clear mismatch and abuse of their team mate ~ Devane (6'5) vs Tropp(6')

You can argue till your blue in the face, BUT i'd be disappointed if the Bruins didn't do the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Anyone remember Tropp's involvement in this cheap-shot on Steve Kampfer from Michigan vs. Michigan State days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-sYE1DsMs

Tropp was suspended for the rest of the year for his actions.

http://www.uscho.com/2009/01/27/michigan-state-suspends-conboy-and-tropp/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:

Scott was sent onto the ice for what Buffalo thought was a clear mismatch and abuse of their team mate ~ Devane (6'5) vs Tropp(6')

You can argue till your blue in the face, BUT i'd be disappointed if the Bruins didn't do the same.

But Tropp clearly initiated the fight with Devane, and then lost.  How can Buffalo be mad at Toronto about that?  Kessel said that Scott told him "I'm gonna jump you".  It's a joke.  You lose a fair fight and then have your goon jump a star player to save face, in the preseason??  Buffalo should be embarrassed.

And as Crowls points out, Tropp is no saint either.  Sorry you lost the fight, it happens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Yeah i gotta agree with everything Fletch has said here.  

Tropp without a doubt initiated the fight. You cant get mad if you pick a fight and lose.

John Scott is the biggest joke in the history of the NHL. Scott is what 6'8? Kessel is at a towering 5'10 if im not mistaken and also has one career fight under his belt. I HATE when people use a stick for a weapon, but the first wack Kessel gave Scott i have no issue with. Scott deserved that.

Did Phil Kessel win a fight? HOLY CRAP! Never thought id see the day.

Seeing Miller get lit up was very satisfying. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

And there's always this for Phil.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyxLFD2IIw

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

John Scott just doesnt belong in the league. I usually dont like the stick work but I loved what Kessel did here. Seriously John Scott? Tropp gets laid out in a fight in which he was a willing combatant and his response is to go after Phil Kessel??

Same. If John Scott jumped me like that I'd probably react the same way. Not sure what the super goon is doing there, going after Kessel of all people. Love the little spear at the end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

It's possible Buffalo thought Devane drove Tropps head onto the ice, which was my first impression.

It's easy to look at it in slow mo and pick it apart, but things happen quickly and angles can be deceiving.

anyone else see that ??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Clarkson LOL...  maybe not the brightest bulb in Toronto

as for Kessel good for him although after the 1st whack and everyone came to his rescue end it there. 

Now Kessel has a rep , Chara will come calling LOL ...  would love that and then Clarkson coming to the rescue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hate that stick swinging, but I do like Phil's compete and he really tuned the guy up in the fight.  I'd give him a 2-game suspension for swinging a stick like a whimp, but a pat on the back for acting like a real hockey player in the fight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

On the otherhand can we see this as a preview , 5 , 10 years down the line when fighting is banned ? See Shupes comments on Skating Clowns thread. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow.  Kessel takes two two-handed chops at a player and he gets props here.  I don't care who you are or who's coming to get you, that's unacceptable.  Hey, if you want to skate away from a guaranteed beating, that's almost understandable, but swinging you stick like that is never acceptable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

The first whack gets a pass by me. Its something that shouldnt be in hockey. But also 7 feet tall apes shouldnt be looking to drop the gloves with 5'10 snipers that dont fight and arent interested. Scott is a joke. Its obvious phil wasnt going to fight him. Why did Scott drop the gloves like he had something to prove against lil Phil?