How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?

I love my father to death but he is the typical scorned bruins fan.  Last night while BBQ and talking bruins hockey my dad went off about how theres no reason to even play this game, his point being that he has watched the bruins religiously for 40 years and claims that he knows how this story ends.  My father by the way is not a wishy washy fan either.  He is a 12 year season ticket holder and hasnt missed a game in even longer than that.  SO my question is to bruins fans young an old.  Do you guys feel like my dad, the bruins have blown games for 40 years and theres no reason to think it will change, or do believe this team is different.  How much faith do you have in this team, tonight, to pull off the the game 7 win for a chance to play for the cup?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?

Bruins fans have to be positive and feel it is our time to win. We have to help them as much as we can, GO BRUINS!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Im very confident. Bruins win tonight 4-2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

very.  game 7 home ice.  we got this

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

A wise man once said 'Always expect the worst because if the worst happens then its expected and you're ready for it. But if something good happens its a bonus.'

Despite being a hardcore Bs fatalist tonight I'm still going with the bonus.
    Go Bs! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I have plenty of faith in the Bruins wihtout disparaging Tampa Bay; they are both very good teams...I think the Bruins are a better team, while Tampa is a bit faster and has one or two more high skilled players, but if the Bruins play to their phsyical, disciplined, and aggressive style they should win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?:
    [QUOTE]A wise man once said 'Always expect the worst because if the worst happens then its expected and you're ready for it. But if something good happens its a bonus.' Despite being a hardcore Bs fatalist tonight I'm still going with the bonus. Go Bs! 
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

As I have said to other people on this board, that methodology works in life but not being a sports fan. The actual saying is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Since the worst scenario doesn't affect my way of life, I'm all in.

And King, enough with your Jacobs rant. JJ could have easily just sat on his hands after Savard went down and instead he allowed PC to go out and acquire Kaberle and Kelly. If he's such a penny pincher, he wouldn't have done that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

How can you not hope for a win ,lets go bees , Muhammad Ali quote :Don,t  count the minutes make the minutes count                                             

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?:
    [QUOTE]I love my father to death but he is the typical scorned bruins fan.  Last night while BBQ and talking bruins hockey my dad went off about how theres no reason to even play this game, his point being that he has watched the bruins religiously for 40 years and claims that he knows how this story ends.  My father by the way is not a wishy washy fan either.  He is a 12 year season ticket holder and hasnt missed a game in even longer than that.  SO my question is to bruins fans young an old.  Do you guys feel like my dad, the bruins have blown games for 40 years and theres no reason to think it will change, or do believe this team is different.  How much faith do you have in this team, tonight, to pull off the the game 7 win for a chance to play for the cup?
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent post and a great question. (Your Dad sounds like a kindred spirit and I know exactly how he feels.)

But if you speak to him b4 tonight's game, tell him this:

As a Bruins fan who has expected the absolute worst ever since crying myself to sleep as a 12-year following Too Many Men in '79, I am choosing to believe in the Bruins success this year--and yes, for Game 7 tonight.

My reasoning (such as it is) is this: No Bruins team but this one has ever come back from 0-2 to win a series. They survived a Game 7 (and OT at that ) against the Habs.  They avenged the 3-0 collapse last year against the Flyers by sweeping what was virtually the same team.

We may be looking at destiny here. That said, I don't blame your father at all for expecting failure. It's hard to take that leap of faith. But there are good reasons for doing so this year--and this long-time skeptic--who had the B's dead an buried after being down 0-2 to the Habs, is choosing to BELIEVE.

Go Bruins!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Very confident the Bs will win and it has nothing to do with faith.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I think it's all about TT, whether the has an average game or an exquisite one -- and I'm not confident.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

They will destroy Tampa this evening!  Roloson will get pulled again!  Bring on Vancouver, the B's are going to handle them as well!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Faith, I was ten years old when Johnny Bucyk took the Cup for the tradditional first skate around Madison Square Garden in 72.  Now imagine Chara doing the same thing in Vancouver in a couple of weeks.  Give your dad a dope slap to stop whining and enjoy the game.  The Patriots were never going to win a superbowl, the Sox were never going to win another world series. We have heard it all before. Well someones going to win this Cup and the B's are still in the mix.  Thats good enough for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]
    PLease stop acting like we aren't entering really bad territory here in terms of duration in which this team hasn't been legit.  It's been 20 years since the last Conf Finals appearance and 38 since a Cup. You cannot remove this context from what this game means right here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If you want to live in the past and heap all of the team's mistakes over the past 20 years on this team. That's your perogative, I just think it's stupid. I remove the context of the past 20 years because I don't see how anything past 5 years has any relavence on this team.

And the JJ factor is moot right now, we disagree on that one and likely always will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Faith, I was ten years old when Johnny Bucyk took the Cup for the tradditional first skate around Madison Square Garden in 72.  Now imagine Chara doing the same thing in Vancouver in a couple of weeks.  Give your dad a dope slap to stop whining and enjoy the game.  The Patriots were never going to win a superbowl, the Sox were never going to win another world series. We have heard it all before. Well someones going to win this Cup and the B's are still in the mix.  Thats good enough for me.
    Posted by rmcd[/QUOTE]

I'm as old as you are, and yes, his dad deserves a dope slap.

There is a new reality now.  This is not the NHL of 1972, 1980, 1999 or even 2003.

They may lose tonight, that is a reality.  If they lose tonight it will be entirely different from those playoff losses before the CBA and lockout.

The world has changed.  I still have the newspaper from 1972.  I read it.  I see misspellings because they didn't have spell check.  I read about hippies.  I see prices on stuff that is really really cheap.  The world has changed.

What does he do for a living?  What computer skills did you need in 1995?  And today?

It's a different world, and the NHL is about getting young talent relatively cheap and fitting players under a cap.

And the Bruins have accomplished that as well as any team in the league.

Go look at the league and who is signed for how much and how long.  See how many teams have to do the Chicago thing and dump salary and see where the Bruins are.

This is not a one and done this year.

They won.  Win or lose, they won.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?:
    [QUOTE]I love my father to death but he is the typical scorned bruins fan.  Last night while BBQ and talking bruins hockey my dad went off about how theres no reason to even play this game, his point being that he has watched the bruins religiously for 40 years and claims that he knows how this story ends.  My father by the way is not a wishy washy fan either.  He is a 12 year season ticket holder and hasnt missed a game in even longer than that.  SO my question is to bruins fans young an old.  Do you guys feel like my dad, the bruins have blown games for 40 years and theres no reason to think it will change, or do believe this team is different.  How much faith do you have in this team, tonight, to pull off the the game 7 win for a chance to play for the cup?
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]
    I have yours and dad's back. B's will win. .."Follow me men and you will be wearing radishes the size of DIAMONDS!!!" KABERLE will fool rollie when he finally shoots the puck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

If the B's play like they did in the low scoring affairs and won, they will win tonight. I think they have the stronger team and when they play that way, they dominate. I dont think the lightening have dominated the B's in any of the games. They have just gotten more lucky it seems when it has mattered. The Lightnings 1-3-1 is simple to beat. When the Defense slows the rush and moves the puck up slower or back and forth to each other, it puts tampa on there heals and flatter footed than if their is more flow. By the time Boston gets to the red or blue line, tampa is so jammed in next to themselves, they have a harder time breaking out. At least that is what I have witnessed with the B's taking more time to come out of their own end.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

[QUOTE]Faith, I was ten years old when Johnny Bucyk took the Cup for the tradditional first skate around Madison Square Garden in 72.  Now imagine Chara doing the same thing in Vancouver in a couple of weeks.  Give your dad a dope slap to stop whining and enjoy the game.  The Patriots were never going to win a superbowl, the Sox were never going to win another world series. We have heard it all before. Well someones going to win this Cup and the B's are still in the mix.  Thats good enough for me.
    Posted by rmcd[/QUOTE]

Congrats, rmcd, best post on this board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight? : I agree with this. They also need to hit. And not just here and there or in the 1st period only. It's annoying they think they can turn it on and off in the postseason. Play within the system and trust your teammates. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    There's nothing better to cure the jitters than a good clean hit. They need to slow TB down, just like they did to the Habs. The crowd will keep them sky high. Be a little more aggressive on the PK. It seems to work for the Bolts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

[QUOTE]They will destroy Tampa this evening!  Roloson will get pulled again!  Bring on Vancouver, the B's are going to handle them as well!  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Agreed - B's 5 on 5 are the best in the league; Roloson's GAA is over 4 against Boston & not likely to be reduced tonight! Bruins 4-1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight? : If you want to live in the past and heap all of the team's mistakes over the past 20 years on this team. That's your perogative, I just think it's stupid. I remove the context of the past 20 years because I don't see how anything past 5 years has any relavence on this team. And the JJ factor is moot right now, we disagree on that one and likely always will.Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

That's all BBeigns has along with his posters of Dirty Sanchez and Bob Kraft. Always trying to drive his point home about JJ in compared to the other Boston sports teams owners in a futile attempt with no objectivity.

Correct it is just stupid let the Rides stay in the past. The other Boston owners are just as greedy cause there are no nice guy Billionaire's.