How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??:
    [QUOTE]   Let me explain something to you because you might be too young to understand that hockey is a business.  TT makes more than 5 million a year.  Who gave him that much money...Chiarelli.  Who is Chiarelli... yeah it is Julien's boss.  The same guy who extended Julien's contract for 3 years.  As soon as Rask failed to deliver in the beginning of the year they went back with Thomas.  And everytime Thomas was bad they play Rask but still cameback with Thomas.  Why...because Julien will not make is GM look bad.  No way in Hell that if Rask would have been cold that long during the regular season that he would have kept his number 1 job last year.     They might fool the regular fan who does not understand the nature of the sport but they will not fool me with that!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]
    ya no way the bruins are going to fool such a great hockey mind like yourself. lucaooo u are the dumbest poster on here. name one time during these playoffs u have been right. how about last night when u started this stupid thread. let me ask u "how much time did it take thomas to allow the first goal?" huh pinhead answer! 5 million for thomas this year do think he has earned it? 3 year extension for julian how's that looking now huh? your not a fan your a troll who comes on here with zero hockey knowledge with an agenda against thomas and hows that working out. ill tell u, your the joke of the forum and the last post sums it all up the Boston bruins are up 2-1 in the conference finals off a shutout from the goalie and your still being a tard. go away moron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

Four!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??:
    [QUOTE]   Let me explain something to you because you might be too young to understand that hockey is a business.  TT makes more than 5 million a year.  Who gave him that much money...Chiarelli.  Who is Chiarelli... yeah it is Julien's boss.  The same guy who extended Julien's contract for 3 years.  As soon as Rask failed to deliver in the beginning of the year they went back with Thomas.  And everytime Thomas was bad they play Rask but still cameback with Thomas.  Why...because Julien will not make is GM look bad.  No way in Hell that if Rask would have been cold that long during the regular season that he would have kept his number 1 job last year.     They might fool the regular fan who does not understand the nature of the sport but they will not fool me with that!!

Hockey is a business. This is true. And any owner who tells you that he's not looking to reap maximum profit is yanking your chain.

Thomas has a $5 million cap hit this year, and is the best regular season goaltender (except Rinne obviously. He should have been the undisputed, consensus Vezina winner this year. It's too bad all the voters have a bias against technically sound goaltending and prefer Thomas's bellyflop style).

Thomas just doesn't bring it in the postseason though, as evidenced by games 1 and 2 of the MTL series, and games 1 and 2 of this series. Nevermind the other games. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut 10 out of 14 attempts, right? There's no way to justify having the 10th largest salary cap hit of all goaltenders on your team (source: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/players?position=Goaltender&sort=&year=2011)

But more importantly, of the four teams left, Thomas is the second highest paid goaltender after Luongo. And really, wouldn't we all rather have Luongo (http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201104190CHI.html) in net?

Luongo: Save percent 0.917, GAA 2.28

Thomas: Save percent 0.932, GAA 2.23

Source: http://www.hockey-reference.com/

Notes:

Yes, Patrick Roy only made $4.567 million the season after winning the Stanley Cup. But gasoline was also $1/gallon back then.

And yes, sarcasm is strong with this one :p

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Hockey is a business. This is true. And any owner who tells you that he's not looking to reap maximum profit is yanking your chain. Thomas has a $5 million cap hit this year, and is the best regular season goaltender (except Rinne obviously. He should have been the undisputed, consensus Vezina winner this year. It's too bad all the voters have a bias against technically sound goaltending and prefer Thomas's bellyflop style). Thomas just doesn't bring it in the postseason though, as evidenced by games 1 and 2 of the MTL series, and games 1 and 2 of this series. Nevermind the other games. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut 10 out of 14 attempts, right? There's no way to justify having the 10th largest salary cap hit of all goaltenders on your team (source: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/players?position=Goaltender&sort=&year=2011)   But more importantly, of the four teams left, Thomas is the second highest paid goaltender after Luongo. And really, wouldn't we all rather have Luongo ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201104190CHI.html) in net? Luongo: Save percent 0.917, GAA 2.28 Thomas: Save percent 0.932, GAA 2.23 Source: http://www.hockey-reference.com/   Notes: Yes, Patrick Roy only made $4.567 million the season after winning the Stanley Cup. But gasoline was also $1/gallon back then. And yes, sarcasm is strong with this one :p
    Posted by sawxBsPats[/QUOTE]

Good post, rookie! I love the sarcasm and enjoy your intelligent comments backed up by facts..... Locaooo, did you gat that?? Intelligent comments backed up by facts!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Is that the best you guys can come up with in all day?  We clearly dont have the same definition of facts and intelligent but it was a good try!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys should forget about the job at Comedy Central.  Is is clearly not your strenght!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Is that the best you guys can come up with in all day?  We clearly dont have the same definition of facts and intelligent but it was a good try!!

I guess we don't. I usually prefer facts with citation so that everyone can do their own research. But I guess hearsay was also popular once. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

If the Bruins win the Cup this year, Lucaoasz' first post will be:

Thomas barely got that cup over his head. Did you see how low it was? His arms were all shakey and stuff, he easily could have dropped and dented it. His cup holding skills are even worse than his goaltending, if thats possible. What a loser!  So glad he is gone next year, cause I know for a fact Cam Neely hates his guts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins win the Cup this year, Lucaoasz' first post will be: Thomas barely got that cup over his head. Did you see how low it was? His arms were all shakey and stuff, he easily could have dropped and dented it. His cup holding skills are even worse than his goaltending, if thats possible. What a loser!  So glad he is gone next year, cause I know for a fact Cam Neely hates his guts.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

tim thomas 14 games started-10 wins-4 losses-1 shutout-.932 save %-2.23 GAA In the playoffs this year. mike i think lucadoucheoooo is right this guy isnt worth money! what a laugh who should quit there comedy act again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Rarely is a Stanley Cup won by one guy.  I will, grudginly (sp), agree that Roy and a couple others have.  Even Orr had help, so did the Great One and Mario.  

The B's have a great blend of being able to turn up the scoring and have the luxury of a stellar goalie in Thomas.  Thomas' superior goaltending has clearly been the difference in the Philly series and so far with Tampa.   Rolaston has looked like the journeyman he is and Thomas won game 3, and probably game 2 despite giving up a softie. 

Bruins in 6, with Thomas stone walling in another!!!

Let's Go B's!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Guys, just don't respond to him. He's a troll looking for attention. Without it he'll whither away and leave the board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, just don't respond to him. He's a troll looking for attention. Without it he'll whither away and leave the board.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Or the Ole Ned Bradon (Slap Shot for the rookies)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, just don't respond to him. He's a troll looking for attention. Without it he'll whither away and leave the board.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Your an habs fan... much worse than being a troll!! 
       BTW are you guys for real with the troll thing?  Is that suppose to hurt my feelings.  Calling peeps trolls is the the easy escape for all the TT lovers when they know the other person is right and they have nothing to say about it!! 
       You keep saying to ignore me but you post on my threads all the time.  Just go find yourself others friends or buy a dog!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Calling people "peeps" is for the Celtics forum. Are you wearing your hoodie right now?
    Saying a Habs fan is worse than a troll is an insult to Kennedy who brings much more to this forum than you ever will. TT lover?? Guilty. Awesome goalie on my home team.Fun goalie to watch and root for, you should try it sometime.  Yep, thats me. bruins lover? got me again. If your such a TT hater and Tuuka lover, purchase a ticket behind the bench and stare at him all game. Nobody will notice since you'll be indoors with your sunglasses/hoodie on.Your peeps will never know it's you.  (No disprespect to Tuuka)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Your an habs fan... much worse than being a troll!!     BTW are you guys for real with the troll thing?  Is that suppose to hurt my feelings.  Calling peeps trolls is the the easy escape for all the TT lovers when they know the other person is right and they have nothing to say about it!!     You keep saying to ignore me but you post on my threads all the time.  Just go find yourself others friends or buy a dog!!

So reply to my post where I detail the flaws in the arguments you've presented.  Right now, it looks like you're ignoring it because you have no answer.  Let me add to it: your little chain of command argument is a perfect example of false logic much like the terrific South Park Johnny Cochrane "If Chewbacca does not live with the Ewoks on Endor, you must acquit!" rant.  Basically, you're saying that Chiarelli tells Julien to play Thomas so he doesn't look foolish for signing him to a big contract?  And the evidence for the key piece of this - that Thomas is only playing because of his contract - is that Chiarelli is Julien's boss?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chiarelli also sign Rask?  Didn't he sign all of the players?  So...wouldn't he want the guys who will bring in maximum playoff revenue to play?

That's the other part that amuses me: hockey is a business.  This little truism then is used to support an argument that has nothing to do with business and everythint to do with a guy wanting to protect his rep.  Problems with that argument abound, but start with the idea that if Chiarelli's motivation is that he doesn't want to look like he made a bad decision on the Thomas signing, and Thomas is a bad goaltender, wouldn't playing him show everyone he wasn't worth the money?  Since that hasn't happened, and he had one of the all-time best statistical seasons (regular - the season you get paid for), and has now assured the Bruins of no fewer than 11 home playoff gates generating millions in profits, it sure looks like a pretty smart business decision if you want to look at through that lens.

Stop.  Think.  I can do this all day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Your an habs fan... much worse than being a troll!!     BTW are you guys for real with the troll thing?  Is that suppose to hurt my feelings.  Calling peeps trolls is the the easy escape for all the TT lovers when they know the other person is right and they have nothing to say about it!!     You keep saying to ignore me but you post on my threads all the time.  Just go find yourself others friends or buy a dog!!
    u make it sound like people are posting on this thread to point,counter point with u. nothing could be further from the truth, just read all of the posts. everyone is calling your being a bruins fan into question,calling into question your little hockey knowledge and the fact that u keep the Ebonics talk up with calling everyone peeps. forget about that lucadoucheooo why don't up answer the thread?"how much time will it take Floppy-no neck-Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? answer the question? lets hear it troll? mr.hockey knowledge tells us how long? tim thomas 14 games started 10 wins 4 losses 1 shutout .932 save % 2.23 GAA and u start threads like this=TROLL WITH AN AGENDA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : So reply to my post where I detail the flaws in the arguments you've presented.  Right now, it looks like you're ignoring it because you have no answer.  Let me add to it: your little chain of command argument is a perfect example of false logic much like the terrific South Park Johnny Cochrane "If Chewbacca does not live with the Ewoks on Endor, you must acquit!" rant.  Basically, you're saying that Chiarelli tells Julien to play Thomas so he doesn't look foolish for signing him to a big contract?  And the evidence for the key piece of this - that Thomas is only playing because of his contract - is that Chiarelli is Julien's boss?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chiarelli also sign Rask?  Didn't he sign all of the players?  So...wouldn't he want the guys who will bring in maximum playoff revenue to play? That's the other part that amuses me: hockey is a business.  This little truism then is used to support an argument that has nothing to do with business and everythint to do with a guy wanting to protect his rep.  Problems with that argument abound, but start with the idea that if Chiarelli's motivation is that he doesn't want to look like he made a bad decision on the Thomas signing, and Thomas is a bad goaltender, wouldn't playing him show everyone he wasn't worth the money?  Since that hasn't happened, and he had one of the all-time best statistical seasons (regular - the season you get paid for), and has now assured the Bruins of no fewer than 11 home playoff gates generating millions in profits, it sure looks like a pretty smart business decision if you want to look at through that lens. Stop.  Think.  I can do this all day.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    great post book but that is way over the head of this troll. just look at the heading on the thread thats all u need to know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

TT giving me arguments today.  You guys now understand why you can't give up any gifts to the other team in the playoffs.  Bs where fully in control until TT's mistake and you see how momentum shifts quickly when you give up a softie!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Had to wait 4 and 1/2 periods for that one!!!! Your nothing if not predictable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Can you tell anyone in there that he has been MVP today!  I am just asking him to make the first saves and he always comesback with those softies!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : So reply to my post where I detail the flaws in the arguments you've presented.  Right now, it looks like you're ignoring it because you have no answer.  Let me add to it: your little chain of command argument is a perfect example of false logic much like the terrific South Park Johnny Cochrane "If Chewbacca does not live with the Ewoks on Endor, you must acquit!" rant.  Basically, you're saying that Chiarelli tells Julien to play Thomas so he doesn't look foolish for signing him to a big contract?  And the evidence for the key piece of this - that Thomas is only playing because of his contract - is that Chiarelli is Julien's boss?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chiarelli also sign Rask?  Didn't he sign all of the players?  So...wouldn't he want the guys who will bring in maximum playoff revenue to play? That's the other part that amuses me: hockey is a business.  This little truism then is used to support an argument that has nothing to do with business and everythint to do with a guy wanting to protect his rep.  Problems with that argument abound, but start with the idea that if Chiarelli's motivation is that he doesn't want to look like he made a bad decision on the Thomas signing, and Thomas is a bad goaltender, wouldn't playing him show everyone he wasn't worth the money?  Since that hasn't happened, and he had one of the all-time best statistical seasons (regular - the season you get paid for), and has now assured the Bruins of no fewer than 11 home playoff gates generating millions in profits, it sure looks like a pretty smart business decision if you want to look at through that lens. Stop.  Think.  I can do this all day.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are watching the game and another stellar performance by your lover!!  Bs have completely lost their momentum thanks to him!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Hey where are all the smart @sses today??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Let me be a smart @ss too.  No one is talking because they know I was right once again!!  Of course because I am ALWAYS right.  Too bad because all I have asked from TT was to prove me wrong because i want to see a Cup and i can't accept to get that close and see it slip away.... but he just can't.  His style is leading him to failure!!