How will the Bruins fare in this year's 48-game schedule ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How will the Bruins fare in this year's 48-game schedule ?

31-13-4, 66 points, top contender ?

27-15-6, 60 points, solid playoff team ?

24-16-8, 56 points, scrambling to get in ?

20-18-10, no postseason ?

Stole this form Sports Nation. Every the optimist, or hoping really, i'm going with #1 becuase of what the Bruins have on paper. Julien got the Bs in the playoffs in 2010 with all those injuries plus Boston has the cap room with Savard's LTIR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: How will the Bruins fare in this year's 48-game schedule ?

There is parity in the league, the NHL has made sure of that.

With the compressed schedule - a few good or bad bounces, run into a few goalies that get hot for one night, your goalie goes hot or cold...

I say it's a total crap shoot, anyone of those scenarios could easily happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boy you really know how to hedge your bets. You should be a speech writer for a Bulger esque state senator. I would have much rather you just pick one of the above.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Seeing how the B's have 9 afternoon games this year they better be really good in the other 39 games as we all know afternoon games aren't the B's friends.  They should be a solid playoff team though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They have the fewest back to backs though in the league - only 6. That's not bad. And two of those afternoon games are against the Jets, and their matinee record makes the Bruins look stellar by comparison.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy you really know how to hedge your bets. You should be a speech writer for a Bulger esque state senator. I would have much rather you just pick one of the above.

[/QUOTE]

Solid playoff team,

but then Rask gets hurt and things are iffy

out in first round,

Hamilton wins Calder.

Khudo shows signs of brilliance 

One of the prospects looks good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

31-13-4, 66 points, top contender ?

27-15-6, 60 points, solid playoff team ?

24-16-8, 56 points, scrambling to get in ?

20-18-10, no postseason ?

Stole this form Sports Nation. Every the optimist, or hoping really, i'm going with #1 becuase of what the Bruins have on paper. Julien got the Bs in the playoffs in 2010 with all those injuries plus Boston has the cap room with Savard's LTIR.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just bust my balls last week for using Sports Nat................ah never mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

My crystal ball says --  46-1-1, 97 pts.

It is a bit fuzz, however.

Without my crystall ball I will say --  30-10-8, 68 pts.

However, if Hamilton doesn't make the grade, there is nothing on the farm on defense. One extended injury to either Chara, Seidenberg, Ference or Boychuk could turn this shortened season into a nightmare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Making predictions, is silly (see Stanley). This team could contend for the cup, but are a Chara injury, away from not making the playoffs. Khubodin better be good, because playing Rask alot, in a condensed season, is asking for an injury.

Having the 5M Tim Thomas cap hit, sure doesn't help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]Didn't you just bust my balls last week for using Sports Nat................ah never mind. [/QUOTE]

SBnation and Bleacher Report both rip links from the big sporst sights. The poll was on ESPN which most Canadian hockey fans don't really respect  for hockey anyways.

I need  a reason to bust the chops of a street hockey player LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]Didn't you just bust my balls last week for using Sports Nat................ah never mind. [/QUOTE]

SBnation and Bleacher Report both rip links from the big sporst sights. The poll was on ESPN which most Canadian hockey fans don't really respect  for hockey anyways.

I need  a reason to bust the chops of a street hockey player LOL

[/QUOTE]

And my post was a date (  because of posting a date on the calendar from them..... uggggh ) on when Team USA was making their cuts. You were in the arguing mood.

And I don't mind my chops being busted............but from a speedo wearing California beach volleyball player who probably skates on his ankles ????? Ouch, now that hurts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm going off the chart & say 36-10-2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Have to say a solid playoff team. The problem is with a truncated season there is always room for surprises. Remember TO and Dallas doing pretty well in the first half of last year until the wheels fell off.

That said, the B's are looking real good to seriously challenge for its second cup in three years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It's tough to judge because they have a few question marks. I'd definitely consider them a top 5 team in the NHL though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Since Bleacher Report was brought up, thought I'd mention that CNN now links it's sports news to Bleacher Report - "Most Trusted Name In News"? Yeah, right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Will make playoffs, and depending on injuries, goaltending, PP, and players making outrageous comments on facebook, could go a long way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment: [QUOTE] Making predictions, is silly (see Stanley). This team could contend for the cup, but are a Chara injury, away from not making the playoffs. Khubodin better be good, because playing Rask alot, in a condensed season, is asking for an injury.

Having the 5M Tim Thomas cap hit, sure doesn't help. [/QUOTE]

Well making as many as Stanley makes is silly that's correct but saying were you think the Bruins might end up isn't. Chiarelli hasn't placed Savard on LTIR yet but he could if injuries occur.

I'm seeing a trend that suddenly Tuukka has Ference's ol groin. Rask to comment after practice, teammates to raz him immediatly.