How will the Versteeg deal influence the trade market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

How will the Versteeg deal influence the trade market

I really like Versteeg and think he'd have much better numbers on a better team.

However, it seems like Philly gave up quite a bit with a 1st rd and 3rd rd.

Will this drive up the price for a player like Richards?  I doubt that the B's 1st rd(from Tor) wouldn't be nearly enough for this guy now.

I hope Chiarelli learned from the Flyers that you have to have some urgency when your team is a top notch team in line for a Cup...2 years ago.....well, won't go there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: How will the Versteeg deal influence the trade market

Versteg is not a rental which is why he brought back more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Phi 1 and 3 is like a 2nd and 4th rounder top pick, def not a Seg type pick.

2 guess picks for a roster player under contract, not bad and given in a supposedly weaker draft year, maybe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

At first I thought it was a gross overpayment but No4 has a good point about the picks being very late in each round.  I do think it drives the market way up though.  The last few years there were hardly any first round picks being traded near the deadline and there have already been two in the last week.  The only difference, which is probably a big difference, is these 1st rounders were both traded for players signed past this season. 
    I'm hoping the UFA market won't be driven up because of this deal but it I think it definitely will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Lucic was a 2nd rounder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think Phily overpayed for Versteeg..no way he is worth a first and third..Burke won this trade hands down..  He wasn't doing it in Toronto.. he is at best a complementary player who needs to play with a lot of good players for him to be successful.. He is unable to shoulder a larger role and carry a team... but he is versatile player who can kill penalties, do some PP etc,, and Phily can have him take over for Zherdev's spot who has fallen out of favour in Phily with Laviollette.. I think Zherdev moves by the 28th.. I am also gathering that Phily has realized they can't carry two goons on their team anymore like Carcillo and Shelley.