Huge game tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Huge game tonight

B's must win tonight vs NJ to insure they are in 3rd place in the conference on Thursday vs. MTL.

there is a scenario where if the B's lose, MTL & TB win, we could plummet to the 6th spot in the conference.

Hopefully they will snap out of their current funk with this nice string of home games coming up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Huge game tonight

I am not so sure it is a bad thing to be in sixth. It may give the B's some perspective they are badly missing at the moment.

Besides, there is no such thing as a must-win game against a non-playoff team in a late-march game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's a win win tonight.  NJ wins, Leafs lose, one better spot in the draft.

They have plenty of time to win more games yet.

I want that draft pick more than Charlie Sheen wants controlled substances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That is what I was thinking BadHab. I do not mind either way although I would be highly satisfied if the B's come out and destroy NJ. This may be impossible due to Lemaire, man I hate that guy.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Huge game tonight:
    [QUOTE]That is what I was thinking BadHab. I do not mind either way although I would be highly satisfied if the B's come out and destroy NJ. This may be impossible due to Lemaire, man I hate that guy.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Im so not worried about the draft pick, if its not Larsson or Landeskog Im not going to be super excited.

I want the B's to win badly tonight . NJ is clearly the hottest team in the league with serious Talent in Kovalchuk and serious Goaltending in Broduer. Never underestimate a hungry team especially when the B's are slumping this bad.

I want a 5-1 Win bad and more than that I want Seguin to score 2G 1A and lead the team in shots and compete level tonight. He could rite the ship if he can turn it on with the way he's been playing lately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ILH: I too want them to win but I am not going to gouge my eyes out, like others on this board, if they lose. you are right in that NJ is hot so I do not imagine it will be a cakewalk. If anything, it will be a good measuring stick to see where the B's are at for the present.

As for Seguin, do not count on that type of production. He will likely get neither the ice-time or linemates to have a multi-point game. The only way this may occur is through sheer force of will on his part which would be wonderful...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins were a six seed last year home ice isn't as important in the NHL playoffs besides the Boston's ice is atrocious one of the reasons the Bruins are so good on the road not concerned. My only concern is the Bruins D suddenly having amnesia about Mr. Cleans "system" something Boston fans are stuck with for now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The only thing I fear tonight is Jacques Lemaire. He knows how to extend an opponent's misery.

The Bruins players better come to play pro-active hockey or they won't stand a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Every game is a big game from this point on for one reason.  The Bs need to get ready for the playoff.  The regular season is a parity cap driven machine devised to make every game a masterful bore.  With ten games left though, time once again for the Bs to get ready for the real season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Playoffs is all that matter. And they have won enough must win games to make the playoffs. Whether they struggle into the playoffs or not. It shouldnt matter really. Everyone should be stepping up come playoffs and grinding out wins. Playoffs is completely different than regular season.

Hypothetically, if the Canucks get knocked out in the first round, then as a fan who really cares how they performed going into the playoffs. Its all for not. San Jose the other year was first overall and got knocked out in the first round. Yes it is nice to have home ice advantage, but its all the same size rink....Im really not concerned, until the play they bring to the playoffs, which we all hope will be better than they have been playing. But if they win the remaining games, does that really reflect how things will go in the playoffs. NO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I would say thursday against montreal would be classified as a "big game" for 2 reasons

1  they win they have a better chance at home ice against the team they will probably play in the first round.  we don't want 4 games in mtl thats for sure.

2  they need to mentally know that they can beat these little pukes going into the playoffs.  Thomas especially, he's terrible against them for whatever reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins were a six seed last year home ice isn't as important in the NHL playoffs besides the Boston's ice is atrocious one of the reasons the Bruins are so good on the road not concerned. My only concern is the Bruins D suddenly having amnesia about Mr. Cleans "system" something Boston fans are stuck with for now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Just as long at you get the home ice advantage especially againt Montreal.

I don't like Boston's chances if they have to play Montreal without home ice advantage.

Montreal, as much as I hate them, just seem to raise it to another level in the playoffs no matter who they have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins do need to right the ship. Seguin could get good ice time with Kelly and Paverly. If Claude keeps Marchand on the bench he really is a dunce. Marchand may be on the 4th line, which will help Campbell, but until the Bruins move Thornton to the bench, they will still have a glaring weakness. LeMaire has done,with a defensive allignment, what Claude can only wish for. Jaques has remolded the Devils without Parise for which he deserves kudos. The toughest problem IMO is that Bergeron has two ponderous anchors on his wings in Ryder and Recchi. Ryder from lack of commitment and Recchi from age depletion of skills, although REX is a battler.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i agree home ice against the habs is more important than against ANY other team. but i think everyone forgets the habs haven't won a cup in almost 20 years, and the b's have had the better of their series since '88. this francise is NOT your fathers' habs. btw, the b's did sweep them in their most recent series! bring on the habs!!!!!! as far as must win...that only applies to needing to win a game to get in the playoffs or stay in the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]i agree home ice against the habs is more important than against ANY other team. but i think everyone forgets the habs haven't won a cup in almost 20 years, and the b's have had the better of their series since '88. this francise is NOT your fathers' habs. btw, the b's did sweep them in their most recent series! bring on the habs!!!!!! as far as must win...that only applies to needing to win a game to get in the playoffs or stay in the playoffs. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

However, the most recent playoffs for the Canadiens resulted in them knocking off the #1 and #2 teams, and that team is much more related to this Habs team than the mess the Bruins beat easily in their last matchup.

'Bring on the Habs' is a death wish for this year's Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That was Halak not Price big difference from last year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]That was Halak not Price big difference from last year...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

We'll see....Price certainly has the talent to play at the same level Halak did last year.  The rest of the team is better than they were last year.

Hockey being what it is, it wouldn't surprise me if this team (better) doesn't go as far as last year's went. That said, the Habs could go just as far (I don't see it likely that they go further, though).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I for one, as well as many more, want the Bruins to go deeper in the playoffs.  they need to win games to gain confidence, there are only 10 or so left.

I prefer they boost themselves up in the standings and montreal stays where they are, as long as we are not playing them for two reasons 1- we haven't had the best of luck in the playoffs agains them ever 2- i hate listening to the CBC announcers and their love of montreal sickens me, i'll throw in a 3rd - PK subban and Pacioretty will be ripe to be the heroes if this series materialized and it would throw more salt in the wounds if we lost.  I'd like buffalo again in the first
    :)