HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!!

I know he is still learning and there are veterans on the Bruins who Clod (spelled this way on purpose) trusts more in key situations, but this is ridiculous!!  Less than 10 minutes last night and 3 seconds of power play time against the worst team in the league.  The kid has done everything you have asked, you can see him making an effort to play better defense, he is winning a few more puck battles and his reward is less ice and definitely less power play time.  I am sure it will be Seguin who is blamed for the Savard line not scoring when really it is Savard with terrible passes and no jump that is holding them back.  I am not trashing Savard as he needs 10 games under his belt to get back into things.  I just can't stand coaches like Clod that give every benefit of the doubt to veterans at the expense of a talented kid with the speed and skill of a Seguin.  Yes he will make youthful mistakes but he will also amaze with his skill and enthuiasm.  Let him bloody well play you tub of goo!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!!

And it's no coincidence that he got fired with 3 games left before play-offs. It's no coincidence that his team did the worst collapse in sports history! He is a great systematic coach. I will not take that away from the man. However, where you mention his always calm approach? That's just it! No emotion! That's why there's so many nites this team plays with none! His system takes away the emotion. His inability to adjust during a game is his biggest downfall. His relucant attitude about not calling a timeouts early in games, how he refuses to hold players accountable for poor play. Marty Brodeur went to Lou for a reason. He saw that the team was playing with no emotion. Looking at the standings on paper. Yea, the B's are in GREAT shape! When you watch the team play though. That team on paper looks like some fantasy team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This is EXACTLY the problem with CJ & his coaching style! the lack of URGENCY & FOCUS are big issues! I will certainly listen to a guy by the name of Lou Lamoriello over ANYBODY on this board! I see this team play with this lack of urgency & focus, not engaged enough. This has been going on since game 4 of the second rd last year & it continues to happen more often than not this season as well. PC has put together a team that can win it all except behind the bench!

Incorrect--- Its been happening since the Carolina series in the 2nd rd 2008 playoffs. ALSO Seguin should be on the power play and whenever there is a 4 on 4 situation including overtime.  The more space he has the more dangerous he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!! : Team more motivated than us: 3 from the east Montreal, Atlanta and New York Rangers, and 3 from the west Dallas, Nahville and Columbus.  So I guess the other night when we lost to the leafs it was because the leafs have superior talent.  I suppose when Carolina beat us in the playoffs it was because of their superior talent.  I have watched hockey for almost 40 years, I can tell the difference between a team that is playing their best and a team doing just enough to win.  The Bruins are just doing enough to win.  If it was not for the out standing play of Thomas so far this year this team would probably be 500 or less.  They start off almost every game slow and hardly ever play a full 60 minutes.   If you don't think that is due to coaching please explain.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

I agree with much of what you say.  The league, however is much more balanced than many of us would like to think.  Success, like effort, ebbs and flows.  When I look at Clod's record since he's been in the league though, I find it difficult to "singularly" blame him for those obvious team shortcomings you've listed above.
    Regarding other posts on this thread regarding Seguin, I'm very comfortable with how the b's are bringing him along. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I can understand CJ being alittle cautious with Seguin but the kid needs more ice time and be played in different situations. Hall is the better player right now because he is getting the experience of more ice time and Seguin also needs the same chance. The Bruins when ahead a bit should play him more and put him on the power play, this would give him confidence and he would become the player we all know he will be sooner.
    CJ has to be more creative when playing this young man. Maybe less 4th line and alittle more Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!! : I agree with much of what you say.  The league, however is much more balanced than many of us would like to think.  Success, like effort, ebbs and flows.  When I look at Clod's record since he's been in the league though, I find it difficult to "singularly" blame him for those obvious team shortcomings you've listed above. Regarding other posts on this thread regarding Seguin, I'm very comfortable with how the b's are bringing him along. 
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    I also have no problems with Seguins development right now.Hall has more points on a losing team but I suspect Seguin wouldn't trade places with him right now.If the kid was regularly getting under 8 minutes a game I would be upset butthat's not the case.His minutes are usually in double digits with some PP time sprinkled in.I expect an increase in his ice time in the 2nd half(once he proves he's earned it).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

All i care is that Seguin will be ready to carry us through the playoffs to the Stanley Cup

GO BRUINS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Someone please tell me who has had more success since they parted ways: Claude Julien or Lou Lamourrwhatever-his-name-is.

Listen, Lou has had a great career with many great accomplishments, but he screwed up. And he's continued to screw up since...Julien /> Sutter> McLean. Heck, his greatest accomplishment might be locking up Brodeur for as long as he did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Claude was actually fired in NJ because he wanted to play a more up-tempo style, believe it or not. Well according to Lou in this article he was fired for this: Lamoriello said he did not have a good feeling about his team, suggesting the issues were mental and on ice, that overall there was a lack of urgency and focus to the team. "It's surprising to people but they only have the surface and not the knowledge," Lamoriello told reporters. "This was an easy decision not to make. It's certainly a decision that's more difficult to make...You can look at 102 points any way you want but it's my responsibility is to give us the best possible chance of winning."  This is EXACTLY the problem with CJ & his coaching style! the lack of URGENCY & FOCUS are big issues! I will certainly listen to a guy by the name of Lou Lamoriello over ANYBODY on this board! I see this team play with this lack of urgency & focus, not engaged enough. This has been going on since game 4 of the second rd last year & it continues to happen more often than not this season as well. PC has put together a team that can win it all except behind the bench!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    People sure attatch a lot of credibility to CJ being a poor motivator based upon these comments from Lamoriello when in the overall scheme of things it was an incredibly bone-headed move on Lou's part.I mean he says in the quote it's his "responsibility to give the team the best possible chance of winning" and he really thought firing the coach of a 104pt team would accomplish that?I'd believe Lou if NJ didn't fail miserably after he took over.CJ had the team in first place and Lou,in my opinion,blew their chances by letting his own ego get in the way of making a sound hockey decision.So forgive me if I don't put much weight in that quote.I guess to me it's a fine balance with a coach.Do you want a guy that's a rah-rah motivator or a guy that's reserved yet great with x's and o's.Argument can certainly be made both ways.Scotty Bowman was as good as any coach ever and he was more of a system over emotion guy.You never saw him lose his cool.I appreciate that CJ dosen't let emotion dictate his decisions.I also feel it's the head coaches job to employ a system and the player's job to perform.At what point do the players take responsibility for not performing up to snuff with a system that obviously works? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HUMPTY DUMPTY - PLAY SEGUIN YOU CLOWN!! : People sure attatch a lot of credibility to CJ being a poor motivator based upon these comments from Lamoriello when in the overall scheme of things it was an incredibly bone-headed move on Lou's part.I mean he says in the quote it's his "responsibility to give the team the best possible chance of winning" and he really thought firing the coach of a 104pt team would accomplish that?I'd believe Lou if NJ didn't fail miserably after he took over.CJ had the team in first place and Lou,in my opinion,blew their chances by letting his own ego get in the way of making a sound hockey decision.So forgive me if I don't put much weight in that quote.I guess to me it's a fine balance with a coach.Do you want a guy that's a rah-rah motivator or a guy that's reserved yet great with x's and o's.Argument can certainly be made both ways.Scotty Bowman was as good as any coach ever and he was more of a system over emotion guy.You never saw him lose his cool.I appreciate that CJ dosen't let emotion dictate his decisions.I also feel it's the head coaches job to employ a system and the player's job to perform.At what point do the players take responsibility for not performing up to snuff with a system that obviously works? 
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Let me add if you will, CJ is not static.  He is a different coach than he was with NJ.  I dislike these types of analogies, but Bill Belichick was run out of town in Cleveland and now stands as one of the best in American football.  I am not a huge supporter of CJ, but I will not let him be judged by the past performances as a coach several years removed.  Does he need to be more creative on offense????, yes I think he does.  Should Seguin be allowed to make more mistakes like Ryder last year????, yup!  Needless to say he is doing what the NHL wants teams to do in the regular season.  Get points and move onto the playoffs.  I don't like the NHL regular season until around March then the real rush starts. It is bogus with the refreeing, discipline, and most of all the shootouts.  Give CJ his due for at least adapting to the circumstances given.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not bad Islamorda. Claude is not a HUMPTY DUMPTY or a clown. Claude has a system which he believes will keep GAA down, and it has worked as long as both Timmy and Tuuka play as well as their talents allow, which makes them the best goalie tandem in the NHL. I do not like Claude's coaching for reasons different from some elements of his system. I do not like the entire 4th line out late in a close game. I'm OK with Marchand and Campbell, but after midway in the 3rd he should sit Thornton. We cannot blame Claude for Wheeler and Ryder except you would think that in 2+ years someone on the coaching staff would solve Wheeler's puck handling, and shot direction of over/to the side/ or in the belly. And Ryder should be benched early in any game where he loafs and floats. It just might get his attention. His handling of Seguin is Ok but his restrictions sure seem to stifle a dynamic player with great instincts. I am also confused as to why an entire team is slow coming out of the box. It appears that there is too much emphasis on waiting to see what the other team does inplace of going out and setting the tone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

People sure attatch a lot of credibility to CJ being a poor motivator based upon these comments from Lamoriello when in the overall scheme of things it was an incredibly bone-headed move on Lou's part.I mean he says in the quote it's his "responsibility to give the team the best possible chance of winning" and he really thought firing the coach of a 104pt team would accomplish that?I'd believe Lou if NJ didn't fail miserably after he took over.CJ had the team in first place and Lou,in my opinion,blew their chances by letting his own ego get in the way of making a sound hockey decision.So forgive me if I don't put much weight in that quote

Well I put a lot of weight into it! Lou's quotes is a lot more in line with what this team is playing like right than any quote YOU or anybody else has said. Don't even dare put Scotty Bowman's name anywhere near the same sentence as Claude Julien unless it's to say they use the same brand of toilet paper! Look, if CJ can get this team a Stanley Cup. I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong about the guy. Until he's able to make this team compete to it's highest level at a more consistent basis, until he starts calling timeouts when needed. until he starts benching guys with lack luster efforts, until he stops playing the 4th line late in 1 goal games, until he starts letting the kid play more on the pp & 4 on 4 situations. I will want him GONE! So that's it from me. No more response from me on CJ & his way of showing no emotion, no sense of urgency & focus.