hypothetically

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

hypothetically

As of right now with Sarvard's career still in limbo the B's can't really say if he staying or retiring, so his 5 mil a year or there abouts really can't be spent long term on a player. But if tomorrow he announced that he has to retire should the B's go after Stamkos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: hypothetically

ahhhh, a new bruins fan. nice of you to join the group. it 4 mill. they can spend his money as he is on LTIR, and no they couldn't go after stamkos.....to quote NAS - read and learn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

But i guess I wasn't clear the B's can spend his money as long as he is LTIR, but being on LTIR means he could come back correct? So if they spent thier 8 mil plus or so of cap space and his 4 mil to sign other players and he was deemed fit to play they would have to move some salary around for him to come back. Seeing he has a no movement claus they just can't stick him in Prov. not that they would. So even though they can spend his money it may not be in there best intrest to.

Now on the other hand I know I used the word hypothetically in the title so it may have thrown you but it means basically "what if" if he retired the B's could use his full amount and not have to worry year to year that he may come back. So now they would have roughly 12 mil to spend minus 3-3.5 for Marshmount and that leaves them in the the 9 mil range left. So I suppose there is a chance that the cap will be lower than the 64 mil it is for this year but I don't see that happening. So with 9 mil to spend they could make a decent offer to Stamkos probally not enough to get the deal done but it never hurts to try.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

you just dont get it. even if TB didnt match 9mill, and they 10000000% will, wed stuck with 0 cap space with a lot of players to sign next year.

In Response to Re: hypothetically:
    [QUOTE]But i guess I wasn't clear the B's can spend his money as long as he is LTIR, but being on LTIR means he could come back correct? So if they spent thier 8 mil plus or so of cap space and his 4 mil to sign other players and he was deemed fit to play they would have to move some salary around for him to come back. Seeing he has a no movement claus they just can't stick him in Prov. not that they would. So even though they can spend his money it may not be in there best intrest to. Now on the other hand I know I used the word hypothetically in the title so it may have thrown you but it means basically "what if" if he retired the B's could use his full amount and not have to worry year to year that he may come back. So now they would have roughly 12 mil to spend minus 3-3.5 for Marshmount and that leaves them in the the 9 mil range left. So I suppose there is a chance that the cap will be lower than the 64 mil it is for this year but I don't see that happening. So with 9 mil to spend they could make a decent offer to Stamkos probally not enough to get the deal done but it never hurts to try.
    Posted by BuckNakie[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

yes, it does hurt.....paying players that much money could definitely hurt......0% chance the bruins entertain the thought of acquiring stamkos

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Bruins have an interesting core players group to be signed at the end of next season (i.e. Krecji, Rask, Lucic, etc...)

I would have a hard time getting rid of one of these 3 players (and maybe more) because I have to make room for Stamkos

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think PC and CJ are comfortable with the core players (Chara, Bergy, Krecji, Lucic, Rask, Thomas, Horton, Savard) they have under contract. I don't think there is any room for a superstar player. PC is very good in getting some mid-range players such as (Boychuk, Peverley, Kelly, Seide, Paille, etc...) and so far it really worked. I don't think he'll change his game plan, unless a crazy deal that he just can't ignore, or one of our core player that doesn't produce like it should.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

So much negativity on these boards...it's depressing...

I wouldn't consider 100+ posts for Buck a new B's fan but even if he is, who cares?

The B's are sick right now and it's a good time to watch...

But even though every team in the NHL would want Stamkos, the B's just have too many important pieces to lock up next year...

So it kind of sucks that the off season was so uneventful, but it will probably be for the best once PC has to re-sign like half the team next year and has plenty of cap space to do so...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

To answer the question, yes, the Bruins can pursue Stamkos using Savard's money as part of what it would take if he retires.  Yes they can do it even if he's just on LTIR, but it would require additional moves if he came back to play.  But no, it would be a terrible idea.  They don't need him, he would take up a huge portion of the cap and there would be a pile of 1st rounders going to TB as compensation.  It would ruin everything PC has built over the last 5 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Even though this is just fun speculation, it should be noted that Savard no longer has a no-movement clause, but a limited no-trade clause which becomes increasingly limited each year of his contract until it is gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: hypothetically:[QUOTE]ahhhh, a new bruins fan. nice of you to join the group.  no they couldn't go after stamkos.....to quote NAS - read and learn Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Ahhh bucknakie has been posting here longer than you dauber and way to make him feel welcome. Just because he doesn't post every day doesn't mean he/she can't ask a legit question. The Board already has one NAS no need to quote him.

As OatesCam just explained the cost would be too high for Stamkos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

we don't need more absurd threads

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]we don't need more absurd threads
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it absurd...

The Bruins have the assets and the money to go after Stamkos...

It probably won't happen, but they could if they wanted to...

Haggs wrote an article about it like a week ago and I value his opinion above most when it comes to the B's...

http://www.csnne.com/07/01/11/Haggerty-Bruins-should-go-after-Stamkos/landing_bruins.html?blockID=538617&feedID=3352

Also, I never thought I would say this, but after seeing the Bruins win the Cup with depth, balance, and goaltending, I kind of wouldn't want Stamkos right now...

Just way too much committed to one guy...

Does anybody else feel that way?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

May sound crazy but even if the Bruins could sign Stamkos I wouldn't want him. Nothing personal. Just think the buzz he'd make would upset the Bs Stanley Cup winning equilibrium.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Certain players have hype that make their pay disproportionate to what they contribute.  Stamkos is going to be one of them.  Excellent scorer but he doesn't control the play in a dominant way.  Not yet anyway.  There are very few players I would give huge cash to.  Crosby.  Chara.  Other than them it's best to balance out your payroll.  DK can produce almost as many ppg as Stamkos, plays a complete game, was better in the playoffs and makes half the salary.  Much better way to build a team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No.  No need for another center and the price is too high.  Seguin will be Stamkos in 2-3 years.  Avoid big contracts, so that Krejci, Seguin, Rask, Marchand, etc. can be re-signed in the coming years.  The current team should be even better than the one that hoisted the Cup last year as is, so there is no reason to make drastic changes.  Stay the course, stick with the plan. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]No.  No need for another center and the price is too high.  Seguin will be Stamkos in 2-3 years.  Avoid big contracts, so that Krejci, Seguin, Rask, Marchand, etc. can be re-signed in the coming years.  The current team should be even better than the one that hoisted the Cup last year as is, so there is no reason to make drastic changes.  Stay the course, stick with the plan. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

great post fletch. its pretty much what i have been saying also. when chiarelli let everyone know before the draft that the bruins would not be a major player in free-agency i was relieved, and that was before the rediculious contract sighings had even started.

promote from within! the core is set. lets see the bruins prospects(sauve,caron,knight,arneil,and who ever else the bruins are grooming for the future) if they arent good enough and the bruins need help then use what cap space the team has during the season or at the deadline.

savard i wish he was healthy or i wish he would retire and not risk any more injury. i know that sounds nuts but this purgatory throws a wrench into the works. personally i dont think he will ever be the player he was before that loser cooke hit him in the head. with his situation is even more reason to stay the course like u said until his status for this year and the future is resolved.

these players that people want but need offer sheets(doughty,stamkos etc,etc) its not going to happen. these gm's have this secret understanding not to go after each others restricted free agents, and honestly i would rather the bruins gm to stay to that! would bruins fans like to see marchand playing other colors? if u do it to them then the bruins will have an even bigger bull eye then they already do! stick to the plan chairelli, the bruins will be a cup contender next year if he does.