I can't believe I did this....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I can't believe I did this....

Booked a family vacation to Disneyland, leaving tomorrow and not back until this series is over.  I need help.  How can I ditch the family to go to the ESPN Zone?  Need a list of plausible excuses, preferably ones that can be used consecutively. Help me Brother Bruin fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: I can't believe I did this....

you get sick, maybe the old finger down the throat throw up trick. you get bored and find your way over to a sports bar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Two words: explosive diarrhea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I hope you have an understanding wife. If she knows & understands your passion for the Bruins, shouldn't be a problem hitting a restaurant or sports bar for couple of hours on game days. It's the playoffs man!!  I was in a weird position during last year's second round against Philly. With the B's up 3 games to none, I decided to book a quick trip to Detroit to see 2 Red Sox-Tigers games thinking the series would be over & I wouldn't miss any games. Sure enough the series goes 7 & game 7 is on the same night as one of the baseball games. I ended up watching game 7 in a little sports bar inside Detroit's Commerica Park. I didn't even use my seats to the game ( waste of $60.00) but no way in hell I was missing the hockey game. Man did I take a ribbing from the people in Detroit! Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hey honey, i'm going out for a pack of smokes....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Dude, the games arent on until LATE NIGHT, and they arent on every night either.  3 hours Tomorrow night, 3 hours Friday night....thats not THAT hard is it?  If it were me, #1: I wouldnt have booked it for playoff season.  #2:  My wife TOTALLY understand and SHE wouldnt want to miss the games either.  If its really a PROBLEM, whats more important, Bruins hockey or your FAMILY!?  Shouldnt be a tough question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe I did this....:
    [QUOTE]Dude, the games arent on until LATE NIGHT, and they arent on every night either.  3 hours Tomorrow night, 3 hours Friday night....thats not THAT hard is it?  If it were me, #1: I wouldnt have booked it for playoff season.  #2:  My wife TOTALLY understand and SHE wouldnt want to miss the games either.  If its really a PROBLEM, whats more important, Bruins hockey or your FAMILY!?  Shouldnt be a tough question.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Thats easy... BRUINS HOCKEY!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Get one of your kids to watch with you so it's still family time.  Bribe 'em if ya gotta!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

tell them you're going to get a h00ker

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

One of the very best sporting experiences of my life was watching the 5/28/00 Clemens v Martinez pitching duel from the EPSN Zone at Disney World. Half crazy Sox fans. Half bonkers Yankees fans. Lots of beer and food. Good, honest smack talk all game (I mean, who really gets angry at the Mouse House?).

Trot Nixon with a solo shot in the 9th to win it.

Good times.

If at the CA Disneyland, you're up the creek with the time zone difference. If Orlando, I agree with bigvig. Either set the munchkins up with babysitting or take them with you for "daddy bonding time" or something.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/childcare.htm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Hilarious....I will be in Disney at the end of May, so I will be watching the B's in the conference Finals there or noone at all. Thing is I dont have kids, but my brother in law and sister in law do and we'll be with them. Free trip, so why not. Good thing is, we're all hockey fans so going to watch them at night wont be a problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, the games arent on until LATE NIGHT, and they arent on every night either.  3 hours Tomorrow night, 3 hours Friday night....thats not THAT hard is it?  If it were me, #1: I wouldnt have booked it for playoff season.  #2:  My wife TOTALLY understand and SHE wouldnt want to miss the games either.  If its really a PROBLEM, whats more important, Bruins hockey or your FAMILY!?  Shouldnt be a tough question.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Dude..West coast.  like a 4PM start. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe I did this.... : Dude..West coast.  like a 4PM start. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Dude guy, get NHL Network on your Iphone/Droid..

Or if you still live in the stone ages get an Ipone/Droid and do what I just mentioned.

Theres long lines at disneyland youll be watching games on your phone to kill time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

1. For me to watch football on Sundays without getting nagged I put 20 bucks or something down on the game for my wife. They love that stuff.
    2. This is the tricky part, you can get her to go do all this legwork and you get to the resteraunt and the Bruins game is nowhere to be found. Remeber even though it is a sports bar, your in Florida. Theres a chance you could ask the manager to put the Bruins game on for you and you'll get "the who??"..There a better chance of one of the TV's having a Dale Earnhardt Tribute show on then a Bruins game. Call ahead before you put in the work, and good luck. Maybe the hotel has Versus, if you have young kids chances are they'll be worn out by then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to I can't believe I did this....:
    [QUOTE]Booked a family vacation to Disneyland, leaving tomorrow and not back until this series is over.  I need help.  How can I ditch the family to go to the ESPN Zone?  Need a list of plausible excuses, preferably ones that can be used consecutively. Help me Brother Bruin fans.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

You need to get your priorities in order.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Simple ----

Honey, I going to watch the game. Have a great time with the kids and se ya later on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I was thinking FLA.  Always forget about Cal IOU fornia.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

How old are your kids Scooter?  If their really young spend the time with them, you'll never get it back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

buy your way out of it.  Offer to take care of the kids and give the wife some time...at the spa...in exchange for catching a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Enjoy Disney with your family.  There will be other hockey games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I called the wife in for this. 

She said if it were her she knows how important it is to me and she'd let me go.

HOWEVER... there has to be some pay back, what can you offer her/your family in return?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Great advice everyone.  Thanks!  The ones I like the best were the ones that said enjoy the time with the family and that is what I will be doing.  I thought this might be fun to discuss.  It was!!  How have some of you stayed married?  Just kidding. 
    I have faith in the Bruins and I know there will be plenty of hockey to watch when I get back. 
    Cheer hard and have a great time with it.  I'll check back in a week from now when we are discussing the third round. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]ARE YOU INSANE? THOSE MILLIONAIRE PLAYERS DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY!! MAN UP- BE WITH YOUR FAMILY- YOU BROUGHT YOUR KIDS INTO THE WORLD, SHOW THEM A GOOD TIME!
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

Teach them how to put this guy on ignore.  That's a good time!

25. This post has been removed.