I Can't Wait For...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I Can't Wait For...

the B's first loss after going into the third with a lead.

COLLAPSE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: I Can't Wait For...

Gutless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just fire Julien now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm very excited.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lucic is fat.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Trolling season....during the Bs first losing streak.   Actually I cannot wait for preseason, thrid line combo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

It's all gone to Bergie's head and now he lost his drive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Pansy's! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Rask isn't Tim Thomas & never will be!! UGH I love those one's!!

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown doing on the ice with under 3 minutes left?  Stupid! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They should trade Krejci now and get something for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

blah blah blah blah player name blah blah overpaid blah blah.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown doing on the ice with under 3 minutes left?  Stupid! 

I've complained about this one. Guilty as charged, lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've complained about this one. Guilty as charged, lol

[/QUOTE]

I will always complain about this.  Convict me now.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown doing on the ice with under 3 minutes left?  Stupid!"

"Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown doing on the ice..." 

"Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown..."

"Yeah, they won, but what..."

"Yeah, they won, but..."

"yeah, They Won..."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"Yeah, they won, but what was the skating clown doing on the ice with under 3 minutes left?  Stupid!"

"Yeah, they won, but..."

"yeah, They Won..."

Distilled...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"Yeah, they won, but..."

"yeah, They Won..."

Homer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I hate this thread. I hate it I hate it I hate it.

A major problem last season wasn't the people complaining or raising issues, but the fact that debate got shut down because they won. It's essentially saying that we can't do anything but blow sunshine and roses at these guys when they win, no matter how ugly.

Let other fan bases use winning and losing as the line by which they critique and comment. For us, I have no problem talking about this team in the context of what they need to do to win it all. If that means noting depth issues with the third D pairing, Rask playing too much/little, lines not clicking, stupid coaching decisions or whatever...that's the point of a message board and I don't appreciate anyone passing judgment on what others think is worthy of discussion or not.

It's not the complainers that are ruining this place. It's the holier-than-thou attitude of those who scoff at any critique or debate. Lame.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

"But we don't shoot down real debate, just the stupid stuff"

Who are any of us to decide?

Maybe if Lucic wasn't fat, he wouldn't have taken the first 1/3 of the season to find his game and the Bs would've had better playoff positioning heading into the playoffs, Chara and Seids could have played fewer minutes and not looked like pylons the final two Cup games.

I don't really believe any of that, but it's a free country....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

You guys never give up do use,still say your all the same person.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, c'mon asmaha - you know the difference between what we're mocking here and what you're describing.  It's one thing when you come on here and say "they're winning, but over the last 10 games, Kelly and Peverley have been on for 60% of the goals against; those guys don't score enough to be that vulnerable defensively" vs. the posts that start "yeah, they won but" and then you get some mix of "they got outhit" or "they got outshot" or "Chara's stick is too black" or "they'd have won by more if Jaime Tardiff was on the ice."  One is a real observation about something that could have an impact on the team that needs to be addressed, backed up by something tangible.  The other is just moaning because some people like to moan.  And frankly, the moaners were holier-than-thou long before NAS started his crusade against them.  Does this sound familiar:

"You fanboys don't get that if you don't outhit your opponent, you're not going to win very often in this league."

"Take your Bruins goggles off for a second and see this team for what it is: an average team with a fluky above average record."

"They barely beat the Panthers and all of the homers are praying to their Bergeron shrines in their mommy's basement because he won more faceoffs than the Panthers did."

"I'm going to be the next GM of the Bruins, and they'd have won prettier if they'd done [insert stupid thing].

"I've watched hockey waaaaay longer than you have, and I'm telling you, this team might win against the Panthers in July, but they're going to get killed by the Penguins in April."

"Jacobs should have hired Shero but he was too cheap and too controlling.  He got his ChiaPet instead, and the Penguins just crushed Columbus 7-2.  Malkin and Crosby with 5 goals combined!  Bruins only beat them 3-1"

"Man, you sheep would be right at home on the Pats board!  You can't see past the fact they haven't lost in regulation in ten games to see how deeply flawed this team really is.  What a joke this board is!"

Frankly, I think we're dealing with that K-rap with gentle good humour.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oh, c'mon asmaha - you know the difference between what we're mocking here and what you're describing.  It's one thing when you come on here and say "they're winning, but over the last 10 games, Kelly and Peverley have been on for 60% of the goals against; those guys don't score enough to be that vulnerable defensively" vs. the posts that start "yeah, they won but" and then you get some mix of "they got outhit" or "they got outshot" or "Chara's stick is too black" or "they'd have won by more if Jaime Tardiff was on the ice."  One is a real observation about something that could have an impact on the team that needs to be addressed, backed up by something tangible.  The other is just moaning because some people like to moan.  And frankly, the moaners were holier-than-thou long before NAS started his crusade against them.  Does this sound familiar:

"You fanboys don't get that if you don't outhit your opponent, you're not going to win very often in this league."

"Take your Bruins goggles off for a second and see this team for what it is: an average team with a fluky above average record."

"They barely beat the Panthers and all of the homers are praying to their Bergeron shrines in their mommy's basement because he won more faceoffs than the Panthers did."

"I'm going to be the next GM of the Bruins, and they'd have won prettier if they'd done [insert stupid thing].

"I've watched hockey waaaaay longer than you have, and I'm telling you, this team might win against the Panthers in July, but they're going to get killed by the Penguins in April."

"Jacobs should have hired Shero but he was too cheap and too controlling.  He got his ChiaPet instead, and the Penguins just crushed Columbus 7-2.  Malkin and Crosby with 5 goals combined!  Bruins only beat them 3-1"

"Man, you sheep would be right at home on the Pats board!  You can't see past the fact they haven't lost in regulation in ten games to see how deeply flawed this team really is.  What a joke this board is!"

Frankly, I think we're dealing with that K-rap with gentle good humour.

Homer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Troll

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

A major problem last season wasn't the people complaining or raising issues, but the fact that debate got shut down because they won. It's essentially saying that we can't do anything but blow sunshine and roses at these guys when they win, no matter how ugly.

Let other fan bases use winning and losing as the line by which they critique and comment. For us, I have no problem talking about this team in the context of what they need to do to win it all. If that means noting depth issues with the third D pairing, Rask playing too much/little, lines not clicking, stupid coaching decisions or whatever...that's the point of a message board and I don't appreciate anyone passing judgment on what others think is worthy of discussion or not.

It's not the complainers that are ruining this place. It's the holier-than-thou attitude of those who scoff at any critique or debate. Lame.

Totally disagree, and I do think the knock on the whiners is not nearly as general as you are describing above.  The people being mocked are the kitchener types (thanks for stopping by BTW...), that come here, not for discussion/debate, but simply to vent their insecurities about the team.  Because the competition of the NHL and the possibly of losing is too stressful, their defense mechanism is to be the 'first off the ship' so that a painful loss can be buffered by saying "I told you so" and mocking the believers.  That's what happened last year.  Nobody got ripped for asking tough questions about the team, but people did get their comeuppance, for ripping on the posters who (rightfully) believed this team could make a run.  Asmaha, if you can't take the heat of eating crow, then don't taunt the believers and count this team out.  That simple.

I wish we could rewind back to the Dave Lewis days at times like this.  I was the most negetive guy around.  The Bruins stunk.  They had no identity, lacked inspiration, and were boring to watch.  I called for the coach and GM to be fired and half the team to be replaced after every other game.  

You've gotta have a little context in 2013.  Some understanding of Bruins history.  The past three years have been the best I've ever seen as a Bruin fan (born just after '72).  Playoffs every year, a Stanley Cup, Vezina's, Norris', Selke's, exciting rookies, thrilling game 7 victories, the return of toughness, players destined for the rafters, new rivalries, beating the Habs, beating the Habs.  These are the gravy years, asmaha.  To scream about this team being pathetic or gutless is just myopic, stupid, and the stuff of drama qweens.

So, bring up criticism.  We all do.  But if you want to bail out and throw a tantrum over a team that has gone to two Stanley Cups in three years, because of some brief slump or a bad game, then you s*ck as Bruins fans.  And you're gonna hear it.  If you don't like it, too bad.  Good thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

[QUOTE]

Totally disagree, and I do think the knock on the whiners is not nearly as general as you are describing above.  The people being mocked are the kitchener types (thanks for stopping by BTW...), that come here, not for discussion/debate, but simply to vent their insecurities about the team.  Because the competition of the NHL and the possibly of losing is too stressful, their defense mechanism is to be the 'first off the ship' so that a painful loss can be buffered by saying "I told you so" and mocking the believers.  That's what happened last year.  Nobody got ripped for asking tough questions about the team, but people did get their comeuppance, for ripping on the posters who (rightfully) believed this team could make a run.  Asmaha, if you can't take the heat of eating crow, then don't taunt the believers and count this team out.  That simple.

I wish we could rewind back to the Dave Lewis days at times like this.  I was the most negetive guy around.  The Bruins stunk.  They had no identity, lacked inspiration, and were boring to watch.  I called for the coach and GM to be fired and half the team to be replaced after every other game.  

You've gotta have a little context in 2013.  Some understanding of Bruins history.  The past three years have been the best I've ever seen as a Bruin fan (born just after '72).  Playoffs every year, a Stanley Cup, Vezina's, Norris', Selke's, exciting rookies, thrilling game 7 victories, the return of toughness, players destined for the rafters, new rivalries, beating the Habs, beating the Habs.  These are the gravy years, asmaha.  To scream about this team being pathetic or gutless is just myopic, stupid, and the stuff of drama qweens.

So, bring up criticism.  We all do.  But if you want to bail out and throw a tantrum over a team that has gone to two Stanley Cups in three years, because of some brief slump or a bad game, then you s*ck as Bruins fans.  And you're gonna hear it.  If you don't like it, too bad.  Good thread.

[/QUOTE]

Homer-troll