I have a bad feeling about Micheal Ryder...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

I have a bad feeling about Micheal Ryder...

I hope i'm wrong but if we play the Habs in the playoffs, this dude will come back and haunt us.  A la Bob Sweeney, when he went to Buffalo and scored in ot against us in the playoffs back in the mid 1980's.

Deep inside I was hoping that Peter C would have traded for him this year.

Anyways, I hope I am wrong.

Let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: I have a bad feeling about Micheal Ryder...

In response to salsa-kid's comment:

I hope i'm wrong but if we play the Habs in the playoffs, this dude will come back and haunt us.  A la Bob Sweeney, when he went to Buffalo and scored in ot against us in the playoffs back in the mid 1980's.

Who knows if we will even play them.  i have never been a ryder fan but he knows how to score.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Who knows if we will even play them.  i have never been a ryder fan but he knows how to score.  

The B's can cross that bridge when and if they get to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The B's can cross that bridge when and if they get to it.

Im sure the thought of beating the old team is appealing.  Not sure the pounding he will take will be a pleasant thought though.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryder was -3 with zero shots in the loss against Philly earlier in the week. He's the same old Ryder. He'll help win some games with a few points and he'll help lose just as many with his patented disappearing act. I don't miss that tired act even a little bit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Let's get first place first, then we'll worry about that - if and when - the time comes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Ryder was -3 with zero shots in the loss against Philly earlier in the week. He's the same old Ryder. He'll help win some games with a few points and he'll help lose just as many with his patented disappearing act. I don't miss that tired act even a little bit.

Bingo.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I do agree wih this. Ryder does score goals, and did score some very big goals for the B's on the Cup run, so someone to check very closely.

When he's on, he is good, but when he not into it, you want to bench the guy. Hopefully the B's lean on him and makes him disappear, if they meet up, which is so likely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

There are about 20 other players before him that scare me more than Glyder :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought this was a thread from any time between 2008 and 2011....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Funny, I have a great feeling about Michael Ryder...

Ryder will never be my favourite player, and he does take games off and is a defensive liability. Dez's comment about the Philly game (where Ryder, like 95% of his teammates, was awful) is spot on. Then again, there are nights like last night when Ryder was part of a fustercluck Jets goal that opened the scoring, and (like his teammates) rebounded very well and had an excellent game.

And my parantheticals are what I point to when making my point. Ryder is a very good person to have on a team when he's an accessory and expected to do what he does--score goals--with the rest being gravy. He's never going to be a guy who will carry a team, but as a cog-in-the-machine hired gun, it's a great role for him. He was certainly important in the Bruins 2011 Cup run as a valuable accessory.

And I shouldn't say he's always a defensive liability. That glove save he made in OT of the Bruins/Habs series was massive. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit! That memory still hurts!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have a better feeling about Ryder playing for the Habs rather than the Bruins.

Everything else aside, he's painful to watch.  My entertainment value is much better when he's not in the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

All valid points.

Ryder was like a hot girlfriend who was constantly nagging you.   You love him one second and hate him the next...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I do agree wih this. Ryder does score goals, and did score some very big goals for the B's on the Cup run, so someone to check very closely.

When he's on, he is good, but when he not into it, you want to bench the guy. Hopefully the B's lean on him and makes him disappear, if they meet up, which is so likely.

well put, plus Ryder usually picks it up when on the final year of a contract....

and i'll worry about him when the two meet in the second round....  and so will some that are dismissng him now....  strange when b's fans have seen first-hand the kind of damage this guy can inflict come playoffs, not to mention he can also play goal when needed....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryder has 20 goals(4 GW's) in 70 career playoff games and is even in +/-.

Horton has 8 goals(3 GW's) in 21 career playoff games and is +11.

I'm not exactly sure Ryder's typical playoff performances are to be feared.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

All valid points.

Ryder was like a hot girlfriend who was constantly nagging you.   You love him one second and hate him the next...

Okay, I object in blanket terms to the metaphor, but if we're stuck with it?  Ryder was never a "hot girlfriend".  More like the girlfriend who looks a little bit like the girl you really had a crush on who would run hot and cold to the point where you were never really sure why you had the relationship in the first place - and from time to time she'd f--- you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Ryder has been scoring more in the last couple of seasons and has been a good player, but the B's need to win this game in regulation reguardless. The Bruins have been winning close games and have shut outs in 2 of 3 games, so the Bruins can't get into a big scoring game with the Habs as we have seen last time. Ryder is not hard to check and the Bruins should try to keep it simple and score enough to win. First place was at stake last time we played them and we lost, so the B's just have to go out and play it like they just have to win with not too much pressure. This game is important to the Bruins just for confidence reasons and would help them going forward. The Habs are much improved and we have to be at our best to beat them, I wish Bergie was here to help us, maybe soon I hope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hit him a few times and he will disappear.

That is his MO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Funny, I have a great feeling about Michael Ryder...

Ryder will never be my favourite player, and he does take games off and is a defensive liability. Dez's comment about the Philly game (where Ryder, like 95% of his teammates, was awful) is spot on. Then again, there are nights like last night when Ryder was part of a fustercluck Jets goal that opened the scoring, and (like his teammates) rebounded very well and had an excellent game.

And my parantheticals are what I point to when making my point. Ryder is a very good person to have on a team when he's an accessory and expected to do what he does--score goals--with the rest being gravy. He's never going to be a guy who will carry a team, but as a cog-in-the-machine hired gun, it's a great role for him. He was certainly important in the Bruins 2011 Cup run as a valuable accessory.

And I shouldn't say he's always a defensive liability. That glove save he made in OT of the Bruins/Habs series was massive. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit! That memory still hurts!

You beat me too it......that was quite a save he made there.